S2000 Wash and Wax S2000 Wash and wax discussions, hints and tips.

Townsend's Leather Products

Old 04-10-2006, 09:32 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Townsend's Leather Products

I'm gonna place an order for Townsends, but I was hoping for some recommendations on how much to buy...

Currently, the S2000 is my only car with leather. I don't want to be buying this stuff repeatedly, but I don't necessarily want a stockpile either.

- Is the 32oz bottle of the 'Cleaner for Finished Leather' a sufficient amount for awhile?

- Is the 8oz bottle of the 'Conditioner and Protector for Finished Leather' gonna last long enough, or is it only good for a couple applications?

- Will I be using the cleaner more often just to clean the seat, while using the conditioner/protector only every 2-4 months to condition the seats (thus justifying the quantity difference?

Thanks in advance for the info.
Old 04-10-2006, 04:45 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 00CivicSi,Apr 10 2006, 09:32 AM
I'm gonna place an order for Townsends, but I was hoping for some recommendations on how much to buy...

Currently, the S2000 is my only car with leather. I don't want to be buying this stuff repeatedly, but I don't necessarily want a stockpile either.

- Is the 32oz bottle of the 'Cleaner for Finished Leather' a sufficient amount for awhile?

- Is the 8oz bottle of the 'Conditioner and Protector for Finished Leather' gonna last long enough, or is it only good for a couple applications?

- Will I be using the cleaner more often just to clean the seat, while using the conditioner/protector only every 2-4 months to condition the seats (thus justifying the quantity difference?

Thanks in advance for the info.
it lasts awhile...
my car is top down always and i do use more cleaner than preservative...
prob not by much. i usually clean and preserve at every other wash.
btw, its great stuff!
Old 04-11-2006, 06:09 AM

I think I might pick up the 'Care and Cleaning Kit for Finished Leather' AND a bottle of the "Cleaner for Finished Leather."

The kit comes with the 8oz bottle of the conditioner/protector (which I was gonna get anyway), cleaning wipes (which look like they'd be good to keep in the car just in case), and the ink and stain remover (again just in case). It also comes with some cleaning/buffing cloths and some additional information on leather.

hmmmmmmmmm
Old 04-11-2006, 01:04 PM

i picked up the 32oz cleaner and 8oz conditioner recently, and I think this stuff should last me at least a year or two easily. You will be using more cleaner than conditioner, partly because you don't need to condition that often, and also partly because not much conditioner is needed at all. If you clean and condition your seats per the instructions on the label, I don't see why you wouldn't be able to get a couple years use out of the bottles...
Old 04-12-2006, 12:09 PM

Thanks for the info, guys! Just what I needed.

I place my order yesterday.
Old 04-12-2006, 12:21 PM
Former Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I also have the 32oz cleaner and the 8 oz conditioner.
Old 04-13-2006, 04:52 AM

I can't wait for my order to arrive! I've read so many good things about Townsend products. I'm hoping that they help restore some of the look at feel of my GF's leather steering wheel in her '00 Si, but I have a feeling it will be time to get it refinished.

I hope to pick up a PC this weekend, and place an order for a whole lot of other stuff I need.

P.S. Thanks, guys, for your responses. I've learned so much from this and other wash-n-wax forums. I've read through 2002S2k's leather thread (multiple times). I figured this question was too simple and I'd just let this thread fall off the end of the Internet in time.
Old 04-13-2006, 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by 00CivicSi,Apr 12 2006, 12:09 PM
Thanks for the info, guys! Just what I needed.

I place my order yesterday.
You won't be disappointed!
Old 04-13-2006, 12:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question are this townsend product that much more better than meguiars leather cleaner and protectant? its well over twice as much cost wise thanks for the feed back
Old 04-13-2006, 12:57 PM

I can't speak from experience since I've never tried the meguiar's stuff, but 2002S2K works for townsend and definitely knows his stuff about leather. Check out the "leather care" thread on page 2 of this forum and perhaps you'll change your mind. Personally, I know these seats aren't cheap and I want to take as good of care of them as possible.

Quick Reply: Townsend's Leather Products