Seller Feedback Please post seller feedback, good or bad, in this forum.

My HORRIBLE experience with Chaser Aero

Old 09-08-2010, 10:08 AM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

http://zilvia.net/f/businesses/146504-chas...-bodykit-2.html
http://www.my350z.com/forum/mid-atlantic/4...products-3.html
http://www.rs25.com/forums/f121/t140220-ch...s-resolved.html

they sell crap in other forums, too. just a garbage company.
Old 09-08-2010, 11:01 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ChaserAero,Sep 8 2010, 08:48 AM
I am going to make one post in this thread to back up the company in which I work for. A company that I stand by our products.

Here is a gallery of apparently our "non fitting" hardtops that we have generated throughout the s2ki community

http://aerokits.net/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=3

They look bad right? terrible fit?...from the looks of them..they look pretty awesome......

Actually here is some posts and PMs I received from customers that were pleased with the fitment of our tops. The personally went out of their way to compliment me on how they liked there top so much.

The second one is a PM and the first one is a quote from a previous thread...so Im assuming you are already searching to see if these are true...so go ahead and search away. Our tops are quality, I sent you page long PMs on what I thought you should do with the top to make it fit better. I even consulted our install tech and got his opinion and relayed it to you.

Im very sorry that you feel our top "doesn't fit". We've had great success our customers are happy with our product and Im sorry you dont feel the same way..

----Shawn
Wow what a pathetic post.!

It's like you bought a honda. Right.

You car has problems but honda says, "We have sold 10,000 cars with your one being problematic so good luck. We've sold 10,000.

That is what is sure sounds like!
Old 09-08-2010, 01:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wow, glad I saw this before I ordered a HT. What a joke company, hope they get right with you. Just BS to spend money on a product you think will be nice, and it turn out to be crap.
Old 09-08-2010, 03:07 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

After speaking with a rep from Chaser regarding their issues here with folks, it really seems like they're in a bind as to what they can do. Do not misconstrue this post as siding with them but I can understand their situation as I work at a trim shop and while we don't have to deal with unhappy customers, we do have to deal with issues from time to time.

It really seems, given the other HUGE thread about their fitment, is that a lot of S2000 owners are on a witch hunt and are looking for any reason to hate on this company. It also seems that most S2000 owners expect body components and other "mods" to be absolutely perfect with no issue at all. Are we really that naive to believe that every single product we buy, is perfect? Hell, even the OEM top, Mugen top, Spoon top, Shine top can have issues here and there, and may require work to make it fit.

A huge problem for their business as well as our business, being a custom trim shop, is that we can install the stuff we work with because we do it on a daily basis. While consumers may have the technical knowledge to install pieces, the fact of the matter is that it won't look as good as having it professionally installed. This is where there's a disconnect I believe. Chaser says they install this stuff daily, and it comes out perfect, while the consumer has issues when they try to install it. It's almost like if it doesn't fit after one try, then it must be a crappy product. NOTE: I'm not saying that in this instance, this is the case. Don't misunderstand me.

It's completely up to them as to what they want to do to make it right for those that have issues and I don't think a few of the requests are outlandish, especially this request of $15-20 rear seals.

We all know that the point of business is not to lose money and I'm positive, as we all should be, that's the reason that Chaser is offering "store" credits and such. However they decide to make it right is on them though. However, after speaking with the rep, they really want to, but are just in a bind as to how to do so.

Just another of my $.02. Like or don't.
Old 09-08-2010, 06:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow, sorry for the frustration.

Looks like things aren't looking to good for Chaser.
Old 09-08-2010, 06:30 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Warning: Long read ahead, but most likely worth it if you are still thinking about buying from Chaser.

Okay, I would like to share my experience I had with Chaser also. I already know they are going to pissed when they read this, but I feel like this is what I should do to even up with what they have done, and said to me. They did absolutely nothing at all to help the situation, and lied tons of times to me. This is one reason I like to type out replies, and not on the phone because you can't prove what they said. Shawn already said i'm lying about some of this, but they can think whatever they want, I dont care.

Okay it all started in this thread for their IS style front bumber. They say they have sold many with no complains, and some people said the hardtops fit okay. So im like screw it, for $300 shipped i'll go for it. BIG mistake..

Here is a link to the thread. I posted fitment pics starting on page 3, and you can read from there to the end if you would like. I think on the page before I posted parts where I even cut a huge peice off to try and make it work. https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.ph...c=810307&st=50

Once you read all that stuff I wrote, here is what happend after that.

Shawn PM'ed me yesterday after I posted all the stuff on that thread, and said if I want a refund, call him. I'm tired of it so I just called, and tried to be as calm and nice as possible. (In my mind, I was thinking if I rip this guy a new asshole he won't give me my refund, so i'm going to play it cool). He answers my call and already knows it's me, he pretty much yelled at me for 15 minutes literally. He is saying how immature and unprofessional I am for posting that stuff on the fourm, real business is done on the phone. (Even though they post all their stuff on the forum and say PM me, not just a phone number, so he needs to talk for himself). He keeps discriminating me because of my age, i'm 19, and Shawn is 26. He is saying how he is so smart and how I am such a bad customer and dont deserve the money back at all. Also saying how I don't know how to do any simple body work at all because how young I am. Again, he doesnt know what I do, or what I have done with cars. I started doing body work when I was 15. I learned this stuff quick and took 2 years at our area technical school and have my automotive degree, and was always in the body shop next door. So this isnt new to me at all. Still he tells me how horrible I am blah blah blah, then he is asking what I want him to do. I just say that you said to call me, and you will give me a $100 refund, thats all I want. Then he says okay, here is the deal. Its like 7:36 right now, if you post 1 thing on any of our threads, the deal is off! im like okay, fine. Then he is like, AND you have to delete EVERY post you have made in any of our threads, and im going to trust you to do that. I said okay, but I have to get the refund first, then ill delete them. *he sighs* and says okay, can I trust you to do that? I'm just like yeah man. So today he sends me $100 through paypal, and sends a PM saying I better stand up to our deal.

So all day today I have been tempted to do it because I am an honest person, but havent deleted them yet when I get a PM from Triscuit, (the guy on on that thread they just test fitted this bumper on, and Shawn told me it fit perfect). He askes if I could call him so he could explain a few things about what they did. I'm like sure man. I call him, and he said he had to get a refund from them also, and they also told him they wont give him a refund unless he will promise not to talk crap or blow up their threads on here, so he agrees to get his refund. He still has the bumper, but he said there are tons of spider cracks all over the bumper from how they stretched it so bad, and he said they cut the hell out of it in multiple places. He said the bumper is also loose around the headlights because they had to cut so much off, and cant imagine if he hits a curb or anything, since more spider cracks will most likely appear. So imagine painting this thing! You will spend like $300 to paint it nice, then be pissed because it has spider cracks all over it. He also said they had to re-fiberglass a part because they cracked it trying to bend it like they did. AND they didnt even clip his fender liner back in securely at all. He just said he is done posting because he doesnt want them messaging him asking why he did that, and I can understand that because they did that to me. Do not be messaging him trying to get after him for saying this. I asked if he would be honest with on how it turns out, and he told me the truth.

So is that really how a business should be ran!? No way in hell! I was about to delete everything just to be done with this crap until I heard all this other stuff. I'm really glad I didn't now. A company shouldnt have to bribe customers their refunds to stop posting the actual truth. He keeps asking why I post the fitment pics like that, and doesnt understand. Isn't that one reason this forum is here? To show people how a product fits out of the box, and give a review on it? Also, most real companies say "The customer is always right". business's lose money all the time because of stuff, this is just rediculous though. So I lost $200 of my money, but i'm just glad to get this over with finally. I've been talking to other members on here even through PM's and they completely agree with what I did, and would have done the same thing. I really hope I saved some people the headache if they want this bumper. I even trimmed alot on this bumper to try and fit it, but it was a no go. I honestly jumped on that POS and threw it in the dumpers. (Yesterday Shawn even told me "I know you didnt jump on it and throw it away, I bet you your going to put it on your car now that you know it fits". I just say "nahh, trust me I won't". I even said I dropped it off at the garbage cans days before, but for some reason he knows everything that goes on in my life and everything I did supposedly). Even if this thing fit perfect, I would NEVER rep a part on my car these people made. I will keep my word on that. Please just buy a Shine bumper if you want a good fitting one! You will save the time and money and it will be worth it, trust me! They wanted to play hardball against me, and i'm pretty sure I got the final laugh even though im out a little money. I know damn well I just cost them some business, and im glad. I also hopefully saved some of you guys your money. Other s2k owners are like my huge family here, and I don't want anyone here getting ripped off.

To anyone at Chaser, DO NOT pm me, or try to call me anymore, and dont even try to talk to me on here! I am not saying another word to you guys, so you will be wasting your time. I am posting my experience because thats what this seller feedback is for, and im sharing mine. So get over it.

You guys should see their rep on mr2oc.com also. The Administrator there had to message them to clean up their crap. The owner Dan even STOLE a guys front lip design there, and once he had the guys lip and money to produce them, he stopped replying to messages and calls. Supposedly they are finally communicating. It was called the Holy lip, and the 2nd post down is the guys username holymr2, and he posted links to what happend there, and alot of other people have had problems with Chaser.

http://www.mr2oc.com/showthread.php?t=3994...ighlight=chaser
Old 09-08-2010, 07:11 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Suzuka, if all that is true, I would post those PM's here where Shawn is doing what you claim. From that point, if it's true, I think it's time the Mods get involved with this.

There is absolutely no sense in a business treating a customer like that. Even though I'm not a sponsor, I still work as an automotive industry professional and I'm appalled that a business would treat someone that way.

I talked to Russ via PM's earlier as he was asking me how I would deal with this situation and he seemed very intent on trying to fix things but if Shawn is coming back and talking to customers like that then there needs to be some action taken immediately.

I jumped to a conclusion in your front bumper thread and I really don't wanna do that again, but it's seeming more and more like Chaser isn't an asset to the S2000 community, but a detriment.
Old 09-08-2010, 07:15 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I've talked to Shawn on the phone. I bought a front bumper from them and he took care of me. They shipped it out really fast and provided a tracking, should already be here tomorrow. I'm not sure how the fitment yet but we'll see. Shawn is a very friendly person, and in my opinion provides pretty good customer service.
suzuka-blue-s2k, this is what you said in their "NEW Chaser sales rep...Ask me anything!"

you are probably furious now, but you really made a dumb decision.
Old 09-08-2010, 07:15 PM

Thats why I wish most of this was done on here man, most of this talking was done on the phone because Shawn says its "unprofessional" to do business over the internet. I have no reason to lie about anything, I did get a $100 back, but just because I kept saying its crap how they do everything. I'll look through my PM's and see if I can find anything that was said on here. Triscuit on here also experienced how they did this, so it wasnt just me. I do agree a Moderator should do something about them.
Old 09-08-2010, 07:17 PM

[QUOTE=jemje2006,Sep 8 2010, 10:15 PM]
suzuka-blue-s2k, this is what you said in their "NEW Chaser sales rep...Ask me anything!"

you are probably furious now, but you really made a dumb decision.

Quick Reply: My HORRIBLE experience with Chaser Aero