Seller Feedback Please post seller feedback, good or bad, in this forum.

My HORRIBLE experience with Chaser Aero

Old 03-31-2011, 04:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ChaserAero
Originally Posted by TheChazz' timestamp='1299461361' post='20337533
At this point I am entering this thread neutral and with my fingers crossed. I ordered a pair of cf side diffusers and a frp hardtop several weeks ago and have yet to get tracking info. I have been working with a guy buy the name of Brian so far (Though I notice the voicemail said Shean?) There have been counless problems, however we can place the blame on the fact that I am deployed for now which called for special circumstances. Unfortunatly I think if I don't receive active tracking information tomorrow, I will be demanding a full refund.... too much money for me to risk.

Originally Posted by TheChazz
What's this about the side diffusers? I thought downforce manufactured them for the s2k.... are you sure?
Brian never changed his voice mail for some reason. They are made for an Rx7, but it's one of those parts people purchased as soon as they knew they would "fit." Any update on this top order?
Yes, Parts arrived and were delivered to the body shop. Total time of 22 days between payment and delivery.
As man many others have had problems, mine also doesn't even almost fit. Pics below test fit my top onto multiple S2000 owners cars (One of which owns a VIS Mugen style and KNOWS how it fits.

Lucky for me, the body shop I am using are professionals in Fiberglass (Mainly work on Lotus' brands) so they cut the middle section out and re-created it from scratch. Still not perfect but I have to deal with it. I am deployed and simply dont have the time or patience to deal with it. The only solution offered by Chaser so far was the number of there "in house installer" however I trust the opinion of my friend that OWNS a fitting top... the chaser top just simply dosent fit. Brian is a nice guy by all means, and did everything he could to keep open communication with me and help me out where he could. I feel like he is just trapped under the wrong supervision.

As for the Sides. I was never once told that the sides were made for an RX7, nor was it listed in such way. They were listed as S2000 sides. I cannot speak on how they fit, look, or anything as I will not be installing them until I return to the states in July.

I will post more pics of the modifications done and the end result if the body shop sends them.
Old 04-04-2011, 11:01 AM
Banned

There is absolutely no way it needs to be cut. I have seen our tech fit these first hand and then modify them to fit. I am going to have one installed on the shop s2000 and take step by step photos. Yes, they do not fit right away, but more than one occasion has occurred already where people mentioned cutting them or having to do a lot of work. I will do the same with the sides.
Old 04-05-2011, 12:47 PM

TheChazz- that's my same exact problem.

If you're feeling regret throwing your money at chaser, I empathize with you. Best of luck trying to get that fit and please update this thread on how your shop modded it and the results!
Old 04-05-2011, 01:11 PM

There is absolutely no way it needs to be cut. I have seen our tech fit these first hand and then modify them to fit. I am going to have one installed on the shop s2000 and take step by step photos. Yes, they do not fit right away, but more than one occasion has occurred already where people mentioned cutting them or having to do a lot of work. I will do the same with the sides.

Originally Posted by hippo and dog
TheChazz- that's my same exact problem.If you're feeling regret throwing your money at chaser, I empathize with you. Best of luck trying to get that fit and please update this thread on how your shop modded it and the results!
Yea, what does the shop know? They just work on Lotus brands. Wow... So what does "I have seen our tech fit these first hand and then modify them to fit" Maybe Im crazy but still sounds like you have to modify it... If not cutting it what does he modify? Just saying...

The body shop said that they made 4 relief cuts in the bottom of the window area to allow the bend to flex back down, they tied the lower portion to a 2/4 to re-gain proper shape and then re-filled the cuts. I asked him to send pics. Ill let you know when I get them.

Other quality tops bolt/latch on. The only modifications would be to install the window and seals. Just a fact.

As for the sides, my complaint is not that they don't fit, I have no way of saying that they do or not. My complaint is that I was sold a product for an RX7 and NOT an S2000 and was never told of the discrepancy. If I would have known I would have just bought real downforce diffusers to begin with.
Old 04-06-2011, 02:30 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow, just look at that gap!! I could probably fit my head underneath it lol!
Old 04-06-2011, 07:59 AM

Body Shop finished up, its not 100% perfect but they got it way better. Sorry for the crap pics, its all the shop has (And Im deployed)

Old 04-06-2011, 08:34 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by TheChazz
Originally Posted by ChaserAero' timestamp='1301943663' post='20428451

TheChazz- that's my same exact problem.If you're feeling regret throwing your money at chaser, I empathize with you. Best of luck trying to get that fit and please update this thread on how your shop modded it and the results!
Yea, what does the shop know? They just work on Lotus brands. Wow... So what does "I have seen our tech fit these first hand and then modify them to fit" Maybe Im crazy but still sounds like you have to modify it... If not cutting it what does he modify? Just saying...

The body shop said that they made 4 relief cuts in the bottom of the window area to allow the bend to flex back down, they tied the lower portion to a 2/4 to re-gain proper shape and then re-filled the cuts. I asked him to send pics. Ill let you know when I get them.

Other quality tops bolt/latch on. The only modifications would be to install the window and seals. Just a fact.

As for the sides, my complaint is not that they don't fit, I have no way of saying that they do or not. My complaint is that I was sold a product for an RX7 and NOT an S2000 and was never told of the discrepancy. If I would have known I would have just bought real downforce diffusers to begin with.
With the sides I do agree that's what you should be told. For example a diffuser I just sold was made for an Rx7 and an Mr2 owner requested it. I told him exactly what it was for and he is completely satisfied with the product.

I also 100% agree with you on the fact the top should latch and bolt on. We've all been over this 100x's. I was not being rude, but trying to make the point we installed them without cutting. We used heat, 2x4 and ratchet straps to pull it into place. Sounds ridiculous and I wouldn't do it personally, but it did work.
Old 04-06-2011, 08:45 AM

Originally Posted by TheChazz' timestamp='1302037881' post='20432768
[quote name='ChaserAero' timestamp='1301943663' post='20428451']

With the sides I do agree that's what you should be told. For example a diffuser I just sold was made for an Rx7 and an Mr2 owner requested it. I told him exactly what it was for and he is completely satisfied with the product.

I also 100% agree with you on the fact the top should latch and bolt on. We've all been over this 100x's. I was not being rude, but trying to make the point we installed them without cutting. We used heat, 2x4 and ratchet straps to pull it into place. Sounds ridiculous and I wouldn't do it personally, but it did work.
[/quote]

No hard feelings on my part. It sucks, and I honestly probably wont buy again. However Ill live. I know my situation is much better than most with this deal.
Old 04-06-2011, 10:56 AM
Banned

For lack of a better term, it sucks I won't be receiving your business, but thanks for the original purchase and glad it's on now.
Old 04-06-2011, 12:11 PM

I feel for you man. If you are who you say you are and are going to do what you say and clean up after the past reps you have a LONG dirty road ahead of you. Hope it all works out for you.