Site Info Open forum for the discussion of the S2K International site and organization. If you like what we're doing, post it here. If you don't, post it here too. Get answers to site related questions.

The New S2KI - Bugs & Feedback Thread

Old 04-05-2017, 07:38 AM

Received 2,596 Likes on 1,571 Posts

I got an error message this morning when I tried to get on the site from my tablet and desktop - Cloudflare Error 1000. The resolution says "If you are the owner of this website:
you should login to Cloudflare and change the DNS A records for www.s2ki.com to resolve to a different IP address."

I have no idea what this is. I just now tried getting in by going through a search for S2Ki and clicking on the forums page from the internet. That worked. How do I resolve the problem? It's still coming up when I click the icon on the desktop for the Vintage Forum. The URL is -
https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/forum/117...intage-owners/.
Do I need to change that or clear something? Thanks.

EDIT - Well, I changed the URL on the icon and it now works. Not sure what happened!

Last edited by MsPerky; 04-05-2017 at 07:53 AM.
Old 04-07-2017, 02:43 AM
JHo

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by MsPerky
I got an error message this morning when I tried to get on the site from my tablet and desktop - Cloudflare Error 1000. The resolution says "If you are the owner of this website:
you should login to Cloudflare and change the DNS A records for www.s2ki.com to resolve to a different IP address."

I have no idea what this is. I just now tried getting in by going through a search for S2Ki and clicking on the forums page from the internet. That worked. How do I resolve the problem? It's still coming up when I click the icon on the desktop for the Vintage Forum. The URL is -
https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/forum/117...intage-owners/.
Do I need to change that or clear something? Thanks.

EDIT - Well, I changed the URL on the icon and it now works. Not sure what happened!
I had this too. Somebody changed the URL name of all the sub forums. All my bookmarks were getting this. I had to redo all of them and now they work.
Old 04-17-2017, 02:36 PM

Received 2,596 Likes on 1,571 Posts

^ Thanks for that explanation...it was weird. Glad we resolved it!
Old 04-18-2017, 09:00 AM
IB Staff

Received 78 Likes on 63 Posts

Apologies to everyone who experienced the Cloudflare error message. This is due to a recent change to a more secure login system. The previous URL used by S2KI was https://www.s2ki.com, while our more secure one is https://www.s2ki.com. Any old URL should now automatically redirect to the new https address, but if you were accessing the old URLs during our transitional period earlier this month, you may have encountered that error. If you see the error again in the future, please let me know.

Originally Posted by blueosprey90
Bogging down with ads: When logged in. Using Internet Explorer at work and Chrome at home. I've been trying Monzilla at home as well. It's really frustrating. Fan always comes on. Often, I have to just close my browser and go back to work. Happened two times today while at work.
We recently adjusted our ads to be less resource heavy, but are always looking to improve them further. Just to confirm, are you logged in our logged out when you experience the bog down?

Originally Posted by SlowTeg
I still cannot use the "tool" that allows you to insert images from links. As soon as I start typing, it erases what I wrote. I'm using Firefox. Any plans to fix this? I think I tried it with Chrome and it does the same. Seems like I can only include images by uploading them to my album and then using that link.. Can SOMEONE please fix this or you might as well remove that "feature" as it's garbage.
Sorry for the inconvenience this is causing. To clarify, when you say what you're typing is being erased, do you mean within the 'paste a picture URL' field on the insert image pop-up or the actual content of your post inside the post editor box?
Old 05-02-2017, 12:37 PM
A 2
Former Moderator

Received 158 Likes on 147 Posts

Since the last two days when I try to load the full version of the site, it doesn't zoom to normal size. Rather it displays the whole page on the browser (safari) kinda like this.

Hoping you guys can resolve this soon.
Old 05-02-2017, 01:44 PM
IB Staff

Thanks, we caught that issue this morning and have a fix in the works. The width should be back to normal shortly.
Old 05-11-2017, 04:03 AM

Received 56 Likes on 44 Posts

Linking to a Facebook URL gives an error, see example here:

https://www.s2ki.com/forums/texas-no.../#post24205862

If you copy and paste the URL into your browser, the page opens up fine.

Last edited by Kenny_Stang; 05-11-2017 at 04:05 AM.
Old 05-11-2017, 12:52 PM
IB Staff

Originally Posted by Kenny_Stang
Linking to a Facebook URL gives an error, see example here:

https://www.s2ki.com/forums/texas-no.../#post24205862

If you copy and paste the URL into your browser, the page opens up fine.
Thanks for the heads up, Kenny. We automatically detect the URLs of individual Facebook posts and embed them here on the forum, but it looks like our software is misinterpreting the profile link you shared as a post, hence the error message. We're working on a fix, but in the meantime can override it by de-selecting the "Automatically embed media (requires automatic parsing of links in text to be on)" on the editor page when first writing your post. I went ahead and made this adjustment to your post.
Old 05-11-2017, 05:29 PM

Received 56 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by IB Jason
Thanks for the heads up, Kenny. We automatically detect the URLs of individual Facebook posts and embed them here on the forum, but it looks like our software is misinterpreting the profile link you shared as a post, hence the error message. We're working on a fix, but in the meantime can override it by de-selecting the "Automatically embed media (requires automatic parsing of links in text to be on)" on the editor page when first writing your post. I went ahead and made this adjustment to your post.
Awesome, thanks for the help!
Old 05-12-2017, 09:18 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why in the last several months has the front page of the forum become like a kind of click-bait site? These "[n] things about s2000's" articles are really dumb and shallow. I'd prefer not to have these at all.

Quick Reply: The New S2KI - Bugs & Feedback Thread