Site Info Open forum for the discussion of the S2K International site and organization. If you like what we're doing, post it here. If you don't, post it here too. Get answers to site related questions.

The New S2KI - Bugs & Feedback Thread

Old 05-22-2017, 09:53 AM
IB Staff

Received 78 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by jukngene
If it's any help, there were two photos that I copied and pasted from iCloud Photos, and I got an error message to the effect that there was an issue with the S2KI Database.
I cleaned up the thread by removing the broken images so everyone can now load it again. We're currently looking into what may have caused the photos to display as raw code like that. Just to clarify, when you say you copy/pasted the iCloud Photos, do you mean the URLs of the photos or the photos themselves?

Originally Posted by trapper
I have a YOU TUBE question.
For years I was able to place YOU TUBE videos directly into S2KI posts so they played in that post.
I now seem to be unable to do that. I can place the YOU TUBE URL in a post so that the video will open and play in a new YOU TUBE window but not in my S2KI post.
Other people seem to be able to do this and I've tried everything I can think of...... and failed.
I don't know if this matters but I'm using Windows10 and my browser is Firefox.
Help....!!!
By default, our forum software automatically embeds YouTube videos in posts to save people a click. However, if you prefer to keep your YouTube videos as a link that opens a new window, simply un-check the box labeled "Automatically embed media" on the full post editor page at the time you're writing your post. The option can be found under the Submit button, in a box labeled Additional Options.

Originally Posted by Thomas Guide
Is there a way to search the Marketplace but just the parts section? Whenever I search for a specific item, like 'radio' or 'shocks' every single car for sale comes up, and it's impossible to actually find anything specific because every car for sale lists all the parts on it and it overloads what I'm actually looking for. Since I'm only interested in parts I've found the new changes so tedious to look through the pages that I just don't even bother anymore, not to mention the huge pictures makes it that I have to scroll through 5-10 times as many pages as before and they don't add any value whatsoever to the marketplace. Mind you, I have a 17" screen, and find it cumbersome to the point of giving up.

1. How can I search just the parts and exclude the other 3 subforums?

2. Can you split the forums apart? Each one should be a separate search, putting Cars for Sale, Tires and Forced Induction as subforums is a real problem for searching the Marketplace.

Sorry if this was posted before but I can't find it.
thanks!
I recommend using our Advanced Search page to search individual forums. On this page, you can select to search only a specific forum via the "Search in Forums" option, as well as exclude that forum's sub-forums by un-checking the "Also search in child forums" box. This lets you, for example, search only the parts listed in Member S2000 Classifieds while excluding its sub-forums of Cars for Sale, Tires and Forced Induction, etc.
Old 05-22-2017, 10:08 AM

Received 86 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by IB Jason
I recommend using our Advanced Search page to search individual forums. On this page, you can select to search only a specific forum via the "Search in Forums" option, as well as exclude that forum's sub-forums by un-checking the "Also search in child forums" box. This lets you, for example, search only the parts listed in Member S2000 Classifieds while excluding its sub-forums of Cars for Sale, Tires and Forced Induction, etc.
Thanks for the prompt response! So unchecking the 'child forums' box is what I was looking for and had no idea that's what it meant (I thought there was another forum with kids stuff for sale). I may have misremembered perhaps how I use to search, I don't recall, but this is exactly what I was looking for. thanks again
Old 05-22-2017, 01:59 PM

Received 1,402 Likes on 763 Posts

I cleaned up the thread by removing the broken images so everyone can now load it again. We're currently looking into what may have caused the photos to display as raw code like that. Just to clarify, when you say you copy/pasted the iCloud Photos, do you mean the URLs of the photos or the photos themselves?
I was copying and pasting the photos themselves, using right click-copy, right click-paste. Always worked before. After I downloaded them to my PC, I used the website image button successfully.That's what I'll do in the future.
Old 05-22-2017, 04:23 PM
IB Staff

Originally Posted by jukngene
I was copying and pasting the photos themselves, using right click-copy, right click-paste. Always worked before. After I downloaded them to my PC, I used the website image button successfully.That's what I'll do in the future.
Thanks for the additional details. Inserting images via the Image button is the best way to go, but copy/pasting shouldn't break posts as we saw it do. We're now seeing how to best prevent this issue in the future.
Old 05-23-2017, 04:13 PM

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

.................................................. .................................................. ...........................
Quote:Originally Posted by trapper I have a YOU TUBE question.
For years I was able to place YOU TUBE videos directly into S2KI posts so they played in that post.
I now seem to be unable to do that. I can place the YOU TUBE URL in a post so that the video will open and play in a new YOU TUBE window but not in my S2KI post.
Other people seem to be able to do this and I've tried everything I can think of...... and failed.
Help....!!!
.................................................. .................................................. .....................

IB Jason reply
By default, our forum software automatically embeds YouTube videos in posts to save people a click. However, if you prefer to keep your YouTube videos as a link that opens a new window, simply un-check the box labeled "Automatically embed media" on the full post editor page at the time you're writing your post. The option can be found under the Submit button, in a box labeled Additional Options.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks for the reply.
Below is a copy of the additional options with the "Automatically embed media " box checked [as you said it should be] that is visible when I try to add a YOUTUBE video to a post. .
But still, no matter what I do to put a video from their website into a reply to a thread in this forum it always ends up as a LINK that opens in a new window and not my post where I want it to open.
There is obviously something else I'm doing wrong with the"copy and paste" from the YOUTUBE website to this one.
Do you have any other suggestions?

Additional Options
Miscellaneous Options
Show your signature
Automatically parse links in text
Automatically embed media (requires automatic parsing of links in text to be on).
Automatically retrieve titles from external links
Disable smilies in text
Old 05-24-2017, 09:35 AM
IB Staff

.................................................. .................................................. ...........................
Quote:Originally Posted by trapper I have a YOU TUBE question.
Help....!!!
.................................................. .................................................. .....................

IB Jason reply

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks for the reply.
Below is a copy of the additional options with the "Automatically embed media " box checked [as you said it should be] that is visible when I try to add a YOUTUBE video to a post. .
But still, no matter what I do to put a video from their website into a reply to a thread in this forum it always ends up as a LINK that opens in a new window and not my post where I want it to open.
There is obviously something else I'm doing wrong with the"copy and paste" from the YOUTUBE website to this one.
Do you have any other suggestions?

Additional Options
Miscellaneous Options
Show your signature
Automatically parse links in text
Automatically embed media (requires automatic parsing of links in text to be on).
Automatically retrieve titles from external links
Disable smilies in text

Sorry, I think I misread your original post and was offering advice on how to make it a link and not embed it. By default, as long as "Automatically embed media" is checked, it should work. Just to clarify, are you not seeing YouTube videos embed when previewing your post before submitting it, or in the post's final posted form (in other words, after you hit 'submit')? If it's the latter, can you please pass along a link to a post of yours where the video didn't embed?

Thanks!
Old 05-24-2017, 03:24 PM

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Sorry, I think I misread your original post and was offering advice on how to make it a link and not embed it. By default, as long as "Automatically embed media" is checked, it should work. Just to clarify, are you not seeing YouTube videos embed when previewing your post before submitting it, or in the post's final posted form (in other words, after you hit 'submit')? If it's the latter, can you please pass along a link to a post of yours where the video didn't embed?

Thanks!
OK..... Problem solved and my BAD....!!!!!!
In a message preview the video shows as a link but does embed when the message is actually posted.
I never went past the message preview stage since they show as links there.

You may have misread my original post but your replies nevertheless got me straightened out...... Something my wife says is sometimes tough to do....!!!
Old 05-25-2017, 09:23 AM
IB Staff

OK..... Problem solved and my BAD....!!!!!!
In a message preview the video shows as a link but does embed when the message is actually posted.
I never went past the message preview stage since they show as links there.

You may have misread my original post but your replies nevertheless got me straightened out...... Something my wife says is sometimes tough to do....!!!
Glad to hear it's working for you! If you need help with anything in the future, please let me know.
Old 05-29-2017, 01:54 AM

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

This option is controlled via a setting on your User CP's Edit Options page (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/profile.php?do=editoptions) called "Save a copy of sent messages in my Sent Items folder by default." I went ahead and enabled this for you, so going forward you should now see all sent PMs in the Sent Items folder.

Thank you!
Thanks a lot, it works now !
The following users liked this post:
IB Jason (05-30-2017)
Old 07-26-2017, 03:27 PM

Received 1,402 Likes on 763 Posts

Please see my post on Vintage: https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-vi...-s2ki-1175749/

Quick Reply: The New S2KI - Bugs & Feedback Thread