Site Info Open forum for the discussion of the S2K International site and organization. If you like what we're doing, post it here. If you don't, post it here too. Get answers to site related questions.

The New S2KI - Bugs & Feedback Thread

Old 05-12-2017, 02:40 PM
IB Staff

Received 78 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by Sophotrope
Why in the last several months has the front page of the forum become like a kind of click-bait site? These "[n] things about s2000's" articles are really dumb and shallow. I'd prefer not to have these at all.
Thanks for the feedback. We've been working to provide a steadier flow of content to the homepage, including both the slideshow-based write-ups you mentioned and more in-depth articles about what's happening on the S2000 scene (such as this one). We're still fine-tuning the balance between the two, but if you prefer not to see them at all, you can always bookmark s2ki.com/forums to bypass the homepage and go directly into the forum.
Old 05-13-2017, 09:20 AM

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Do you know if there is fix to get the 'sent messages' back ?
Old 05-15-2017, 01:21 PM
IB Staff

Received 78 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by ripper0306
Do you know if there is fix to get the 'sent messages' back ?
This option is controlled via a setting on your User CP's Edit Options page (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/profile.php?do=editoptions) called "Save a copy of sent messages in my Sent Items folder by default." I went ahead and enabled this for you, so going forward you should now see all sent PMs in the Sent Items folder.

Thank you!
Old 05-20-2017, 02:20 AM

Received 1,413 Likes on 767 Posts

Apparently, when I tried to post two pictures in the Vintage Forum in the Photos thread, I broke something. Now, it won't load that post for me. I tried on my iPad with the same result. I can't even get to it to delete it! HELP!!!
Old 05-20-2017, 05:27 AM
Site Moderator

Received 2,600 Likes on 1,909 Posts

Originally Posted by jukngene
Apparently, when I tried to post two pictures in the Vintage Forum in the Photos thread, I broke something. Now, it won't load that post for me. I tried on my iPad with the same result. I can't even get to it to delete it! HELP!!!
I can't get the last page to load either. Very odd.
Old 05-20-2017, 07:13 AM

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

I have a YOU TUBE question.
For years I was able to place YOU TUBE videos directly into S2KI posts so they played in that post.
I now seem to be unable to do that. I can place the YOU TUBE URL in a post so that the video will open and play in a new YOU TUBE window but not in my S2KI post.
Other people seem to be able to do this and I've tried everything I can think of...... and failed.
I don't know if this matters but I'm using Windows10 and my browser is Firefox.
Help....!!!
Old 05-20-2017, 03:31 PM

Received 2,596 Likes on 1,571 Posts

Originally Posted by sam_spider
I can't get the last page to load either. Very odd.
Yep...having the same problem. Other threads come up but the photos thread won't. So Gene broke it!!
Old 05-20-2017, 03:52 PM

Received 1,413 Likes on 767 Posts

Originally Posted by MsPerky
Yep...having the same problem. Other threads come up but the photos thread won't. So Gene broke it!!
If it's any help, there were two photos that I copied and pasted from iCloud Photos, and I got an error message to the effect that there was an issue with the S2KI Database.
Old 05-20-2017, 05:09 PM

Received 1,424 Likes on 954 Posts

I'm able to log on (takes about 2-3 minutes). This is a screen shot of about 10% of that post. Looks like modern computer talk. Minus the "happy faces" and other old time machine language doo-dads.

Name:  Screen%20shot%20S2KI%20-%20frozen%20thread_zpsvtrnmezo.jpg
Views: 253
Size:  1.42 MB
Old 05-21-2017, 04:16 PM

Received 86 Likes on 55 Posts
Smile

Is there a way to search the Marketplace but just the parts section? Whenever I search for a specific item, like 'radio' or 'shocks' every single car for sale comes up, and it's impossible to actually find anything specific because every car for sale lists all the parts on it and it overloads what I'm actually looking for. Since I'm only interested in parts I've found the new changes so tedious to look through the pages that I just don't even bother anymore, not to mention the huge pictures makes it that I have to scroll through 5-10 times as many pages as before and they don't add any value whatsoever to the marketplace. Mind you, I have a 17" screen, and find it cumbersome to the point of giving up.

1. How can I search just the parts and exclude the other 3 subforums?

2. Can you split the forums apart? Each one should be a separate search, putting Cars for Sale, Tires and Forced Induction as subforums is a real problem for searching the Marketplace.

Sorry if this was posted before but I can't find it.
thanks!

Quick Reply: The New S2KI - Bugs & Feedback Thread