Site Info Open forum for the discussion of the S2K International site and organization. If you like what we're doing, post it here. If you don't, post it here too. Get answers to site related questions.

Site maintenance this coming weekend

Old 02-24-2005, 10:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Posted in my community!!
Old 02-24-2005, 12:05 PM
Community Organizer

Received 185 Likes on 163 Posts

Originally Posted by cthree,Feb 24 2005, 03:20 PM
Not sure what you mean by that? Are you suggesting that Del-Val be rolled up into a larger region like Mid-A?
cthree, that's not what I meant.

But, I had suggested it to the Del-Val people once before and it went over like a fart in church.

What I did mean was that being a CO in the Del-Val forum would take little to no effort since it is so dead.

My thoughts on why it's so dead are that it is such a small geographical area and that a lot of the original S2000 owners have sold their S and moved on to other vehicles.

I find myself visiting the NY Metro and Mid-A more than the Del-Val forum.

Ask Jerry his thoughts, I haven't seen him post in days maybe weeks.
Old 02-24-2005, 12:07 PM
Administrator

Received 59 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by freq,Feb 24 2005, 09:05 PM
What I did mean was that being a CO in the Del-Val forum would take little to no effort since it is so dead.
On the contrary....

It will take more work, to make it active
Old 02-24-2005, 12:14 PM
Former Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

freq - you're welcome in the Mid-A

I don't think combining Mid-A and Del-Val is a good idea. As much as I like our Del-Val neighbors, it would just be too much territory to cover as one Community - when I say territory I mean the number of S2000 Owners in each area: not only the amount of posting activity, but also trying to accomodate the whole with meet locations - we have a hard enough time with median locations already.
Old 02-24-2005, 12:29 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cthree,Feb 24 2005, 01:14 PM
I want to ad that many COs do a really good job of letting their clubs know about these things.

Thank you for the kind words Erik.
Old 02-24-2005, 01:02 PM
Administrator

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by freq,Feb 24 2005, 01:05 PM
cthree, that's not what I meant.

But, I had suggested it to the Del-Val people once before and it went over like a fart in church.

My thoughts on why it's so dead are that it is such a small geographical area and that a lot of the original S2000 owners have sold their S and moved on to other vehicles.

I find myself visiting the NY Metro and Mid-A more than the Del-Val forum.

Ask Jerry his thoughts, I haven't seen him post in days maybe weeks.
Ok, but that begs the question...

Why? It's the Community Organizer's job to organize the community which implies building and maintaining a membership base. If there are no members, there is no community and thus no need for an organizer.

It's not just Del-Valley, there are other communities which are in the same boat. I get requests all the time to set up this community or that yet I think that in many cases we have reached a point of saturation. Grassroots organization of a local or regional community isn't something we can do at the "global" level. It takes someone locally to take on the role. To canvas local owners, connect with local dealers and other resources and to schedule, plan and meet.

Unless communities such as yours can develop an organization and maintain it then we need to consider the possibility of merging or grouping communities into larger, more self-sustainable units. You are sheding light on an issue we've been looking at for some time. Some communities simply fail to generate enough local support to sustain themselves. Either they are too narrowly focused or the effort required to develop them isn't there.

There are about a dozen communities which, IMHO fall into this category for one reason or another. Once I get some other issues resolved (HQ meet) and behind me HondaGal and I will be reviewing the progress that the local communities have made and be going over it with the respective COs to find out what can or should be done. Developing local grassroots communities as part of a global whole is the essential model behind s2ki.
Old 02-24-2005, 03:20 PM
Former Moderator

Received 10 Likes on 1 Post

cthree is right, we have some very good CO's Every CO has been preached their role, by us. Some of you are probably tired of it. But we feel very strong towards the concept and model of s2ki.

We have a community organizer forum, where every CO is suppose to vist. We have a good network, and will continue to make things better. Every community goes thru ups and downs, and we are here to help.

Anyway! good job CO's!
Old 02-25-2005, 03:57 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just to let you know that our community has been informed.
Old 02-25-2005, 05:48 AM

Received 2,599 Likes on 1,574 Posts

^ Yep, I posted a link in Vintage. And thanks for the kind words, Erik and Shelley! I agree with Alex, though - it would not be a good idea to merge Del-Val in with Mid-A. Mid-A is a big community already.
Old 02-25-2005, 11:28 AM

Received 3,003 Likes on 1,668 Posts

Originally Posted by MsPerky,Feb 25 2005, 06:48 AM
^ Yep, I posted a link in Vintage. And thanks for the kind words, Erik and Shelley! I agree with Alex, though - it would not be a good idea to merge Del-Val in with Mid-A. Mid-A is a big community already.
^MsPerky is on the ball!

Quick Reply: Site maintenance this coming weekend