Site Info Open forum for the discussion of the S2K International site and organization. If you like what we're doing, post it here. If you don't, post it here too. Get answers to site related questions.

Wow Cthree Real Mature

Old 06-13-2005, 06:32 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

"Wow, idiots... " was the last post by the admin before closing the thread. Seems a bit harsh/inappropriate for an admin to me.
Old 06-13-2005, 06:37 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Harpoon,Jun 13 2005, 08:32 PM
"Wow, idiots... " was the last post by the admin before closing the thread. Seems a bit harsh/inappropriate for an admin to me.
so they can attack him? they can undermine the COUNTLESS HOURS he puts into the site by questioning his admin'ing? they can attack the site by saying he ruins it?

yet he responds with a simple "idiots" in retort and locks the thread, and HE is the one who is inappropriate???

geez. we are people. not robots. we get offended and upset and mad just like everyone else. i think "idiots" was pretty restrained.
Old 06-13-2005, 06:46 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Roadster_1,Jun 13 2005, 08:30 PM
I caught part of the thread in question earlier. There are lots of folks that certainly know and understand lots of (especially) car information. SteveC comes to mind. In fact, I look into this site for that reason. Here's a potential problem, though....some people are really quite condescending in their posts. Now...I recognize there's a (very!) broad education level represented on this board...and, in general, I make an effort to filter comments the best I can. Having said that, I suspect the best approach (to be taken by the mods-admins) is to "take the high road", so to speak, and "steer" people in their (the mods) desire to impart real knowledge and understanding. Frankly, I, for one, applaud Wisconsin's tenacity in trying to (tactfully) make his point (some earlier theads).

There is a HUGE amount of misinformation (about our favorite cars) on this site. While I recognize the mods-admins are human....I think they can best "serve" (is this the mission??) the board by imparting opinions and facts...but, in a "kindler gentler" way.

I see this individual is a "gold member"....not sure those are the folks YOU want hitting the door...

I appreciate the compliment.

I have been a moderator here for not a very long time, though I've been a member and owner since 2001.

I also was an admin, moderator, and now a super moderator on 7thgencivic.com. I have done this since 2002.

So I got a couple years under my belt. Considering I also am a computer geek and do so for a living and career, I happen to spend probably an inordinate amount of times on forums. And I've trolled more than I can count. (trolling as in reading, posting, but not actual "trolling" to start trouble)

My 2 hobbies in life are cars and computers. Fortunately forums and the S2000 make that an easy match.

All of that said, moderating is not an easy task. particularly on a site such as s2ki.com, and even 7thgencivic.com. s2ki.com has a TON of traffic compared to many other car forums. 7thgencivic.com also has over 2 million posts now I believe. (dont remember last time I checked) This makes moderating specifically difficult. We, too, like to chat, debate, argue, and express opinions. While some do so better than others, you simply can't draw even a fine line for us. We try to rely on each other, but even that can only go so far.

While I appreciate your also constructive criticism, if we could all moderate perfectly we would. Unfortunately no one can, and you simply can't please everyone all the time. This means some people WILL be wronged. That's simply part of moderating.

Also, if you think this moderating is harsh... haha. I'm a straight out @ss on 7thgencivic.com. I have to be! the crowd is a completely different crowd (read: younger) and requires a very different hand. I'm even more opinionated over there. lol. (yes probably too much). So each situation is different.

All we can do is the best we can. Someone attacking me or cthree saying we are sh*tty mods or admins and "this is why i stay away from this site" and blah blah blah, does NOT help in any way, shape, or form.
Old 06-13-2005, 07:01 PM
Former Moderator

Received 10 Likes on 1 Post

I am closing this thread since I am the other admin, and I am sure will be considered imature too. however, cthree is an admin and I believe deserves a pat on the back for making this site, running it, and putting in personal monies to make it run. He is not some guy we set up as an admin. All the old timers, from the beginning will recognize this.

Not dissing a Gold member or any member for that matter, however 89 days to me is still a rookie. So does cthree benefit the s2000 community, you bet. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, even an admin. Some people come across differently in words. Meet someone in person and you will probably not see the same person.

Everyone take your tempers and go for a drive. Hit 9000rpms at every gear, you will feel better, and forget what the heck was said and who said what.
Old 06-13-2005, 08:42 PM
Administrator

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thread became off-topic, nobody bothered to read the first post which said "NEW S2K or used 993" and it became insulting (to me but that's not the point) by jackasses who just couldn't stand the idea of being questioned. tunerjetta was talking out his ass and I called him on it and then he decided to go after me personally and others who had nothing to say previously figured it was ripe for a gang rape.

Newsflash: I can and will control what you can or can't say. You can pretend I can't but I can. Abusing my powers would be to edit such a post or even edit your account to say "I'm an idiot" or maybe change your avatar to that of a jackass. As you can see I did none of those things no do I nor would I. Stick your abuse of power argument up your poopyhole where it belongs.

The thread was locked because those who replied were nasty idiots not because it had anything to do with me. I'd have done the same regardless. tunerjetta you got your wish. I don't delete accounts so you'll just have live with your disability.

See, I can even post in a closed topic. I'm such an evil bastard!

Have a nice day