South Florida Owners from South Florida

2 Fast 2 Furious... What's your take?

Old 06-07-2003, 05:01 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2 Fast 2 Furious... What's your take?

I know A LOT of us went to see the movie already. I know I am going to get flamed but i don't CARE! Plus I didn't want to post this on the main thread cause they are all pissing all over this movie.

I want to know what did you all think or thought about it?

I personally... liked the movie. It had a LOT less racing, which sorta sucked. It had the typical drive on I-95 and the Palmetto. But over all I liked it. It was good. again this is just my Opinion.

/zips up flame suit/
Old 06-07-2003, 05:14 PM
Former Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have yet to watch the movie, but the amount of lowered Civic's and so on driving around this weekend is amazing. I've had several people look at me in the S2000 since Friday night. Of course, it could be that I'm simply paying more attention to it. Not sure.

I'll eventually watch the movie but I was'nt about to stand in line or sit in a crowded theatre over it.
Old 06-07-2003, 06:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have seen the movie twice now, and I liked it both times. The flames are a little far fetched but the the movie in general was good. I wish the pink S2000 wouldn't have knocked out the front of a perfectly good Veilside kit, but oh well!
Old 06-07-2003, 09:52 PM
mav

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I haven't seen it yet so no opinions on it...

I think people on the main forum are pissing all over it is partially because of the damn pink S2000, if it was a different, more acceptable color, I think more people would have liked it, at least on s2ki.

Another comment is that some are taking this movie too seriously and not for what it is... a movie for entertainment. People complain about the over-the-top cars and being unrealistic, but how about aliens using laser swords and something called "the force" or a machine robot spent back in time to protect a person from another machine or humans in the future trapped in a computer generated world, while in the real world, they are being used as batteries. Its Hollywood, over-the-top sells...
Old 06-07-2003, 10:07 PM

Received 60 Likes on 37 Posts

The camera effects during the race scenes are some of the coolest cinematography that I've seen in any film. I'll be buying the DVD!

No comment on the screenplay or acting.
Well, maybe just one:

-Pete

Old 06-08-2003, 03:34 AM

I'll have to agree w/ Tommy. The movie has reasonable entertainment value.

Its definetely not greatest movie ever made, but it was cool to chill out for about 2 hours and vicariously enjoy tearing up the streets.
Old 06-08-2003, 01:28 PM

i saw it. i liked it a lot. i'm going to see it again. i think the pink s2000 is tight for a girl. i think the girl is really hott too. if i saw a hot girl driving that pink s2000 around i would and have some fun with her. i think it would be really cool to have a gf that drove that car. i didn't like the fact they were always racing the car with the top down but hey all in all i liked it.
Old 06-08-2003, 01:36 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I only liked two scene. 1} the first race with the skyline. 2} the race with the muscle cars. After those two scene, I thought the movie sucked. I like the first one a lot better.

Chris C.
Old 06-08-2003, 04:47 PM

I am so embarrased to be friends with all of you now (just kidding)

LOL...I just hate both movies. Here is my rant:

We have bred an entire generation of (in my opinion) nearly worthless individuals who are perfectly content to work minimum wage jobs whilst spending every dime they earn on rims, neon, and other assorted bling bling for their cars. I took my car to have the stereo put in at a place in Miami and on two occasions I was there for more than 6 hours. All day, each day, I saw all these loser kids hanging out with their wife-beater t-shirts, talking ghetto-speak and dreaming about the latest stupid mod for their 1997 Civics that they can't really afford but were getting anyway. (I wont even get into how some punks steal to support this habit or simply take what they can't buy from somebody else's car)

I saw a Civic that had DvD screens on all the headrests and sun visors. I was told by the store owner the car had $20,000 worth of sound and video gear, on top of what must have been the world's most insane airbrush job. I wish I could say it was the only abortion on wheels that I saw there, but it wasn't

I heard the stockboy, who must have been in his mid 20's and looked as though he hadn't washed his shirt in a month and was all of 100lbs (including the fake gold chains) getting opinions about whether he should invest his next paycheck in (I kid you not) : carbon fiber door handles or putting power windows in the car! His job consisted of nothing more than running speakers from the front to the back of the store and getting lunch for the owner. Pretty lofty life ambitions for a 20-something

Ok, I know I'm being harsh and stereotyping, but here is my point. F&F and movies of its ilk just glorify this pathetic mentality. I think its silly and I pity the people who leave the theater dreaming of being what they just saw on the screen. I know its Hollywood, and yes its all make believe but I just hate the whole scene.

....heh....ok...flame away !

(damn where did I put my flame suit!)
Old 06-08-2003, 06:52 PM

OK, I'm took my teenagers and their friends to see this piece of crap that I was actually looking forward to seeing as I enjoyed the first one. The boys loved it, I just liked the cars. Would of been more fun if they talked more about the cars mechanics as in the first movie ( inline 8 in the skyline....that would of been kewl to hear in the movie huh?)

All in all Gan is right, but than again, I lived for my Z-28 when I was a teenager.

Quick Reply: 2 Fast 2 Furious... What's your take?