Southern Ontario S2000 Owners Southern Ontario S2000 Owners forum including Toronto, Kitchener/Waterloo, Hamilton and surrounding area

Canadian Motor Speedway - NEEDS OUR SUPPORT

Old 11-11-2009, 01:01 PM

Received 90 Likes on 81 Posts

sorry, thought youd be able to give me something a bit more concrete?!
Old 11-11-2009, 01:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well i cant say there would be too many things better than having a racetrack in my backyard, so im definitly all for this! I think it would be very convenient in this location and im sure would attract a lot of attention and interest from americans too.

The whole environmental thing is great too, however i hope they dont make it too environmentally friendly...the last thing i would want to see in front of me after taking a turn at 100km/h is a deer on the road! lol
Old 11-24-2009, 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by starchland,Nov 11 2009, 02:01 PM
sorry, thought youd be able to give me something a bit more concrete?!
sorry I don't know who they are off hand, but they have all the investors groups listed on their websites.
Old 11-24-2009, 10:26 AM

I just received another message, looks like it's going to a vote on December 7th! I for one will be out to support it... anyone else going to make it?? Strength in numbers!! See message below...

THIS IS IT! The vote for approval goes Monday December 7, 2009, 6 p.m. @ Fort Erie Town Hall.

This will be the final meeting for approval and we need to have a major presence on this night. The opponents will be there in force and we need to show the voters how passionate we are about this development. Again I Thank You for all your messages, comments and support. Each and every one of you HAVE made a difference. The Facebook group has a prominent place in generating awareness and support for the CMS project and Town Council has noted that. The developers and partners have noticed what you have done as well, and are most appreciative. I will post a link on the "events" section of the CMS Group page about the Vote Meeting. Please show on the 7th and bring all the support you can muster. Thank You!

FACEBOOK GROUP FOR CMS
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=85047111703

SIGN THE PETITION TO SHOW YOUR SUPPORT!!

Message to supporters. Please sign the petition supporting the Canadian Motor Speedway Project. Thank You!

*note* Ignore the donation pop up window. Just close the browser and you will automatically be signed on the petition. NO donation necessary.

http://new.ipetitions.com/petition/femotorsports/[B]
Old 11-24-2009, 11:58 AM

Received 90 Likes on 81 Posts

ok ty. are they having a premeet or anything before the final voting? just to make sure everyones on the same page and what not.
Old 11-27-2009, 07:04 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

can't wait for it
Old 12-01-2009, 08:40 AM

just got this in my email... Looks like it's going to vote Dec 7th with the town and on the 9th with the region! These are the big ones, please show your support and come out! I will definitely be there!

If you can't make it - these are the people to send your letters of support to

Peter Partington, Regional Chair chairman@niagararegion.ca

Shirley Cordiner, Regional Councilor shirley.cordiner@niagararegion.ca
Kevin Bain, Regional Clerk kevin.bain@niagararegion.ca
Lalande, Eric eric.lalande@niagararegion.ca
Colosimo, Peter peter.colosimo@niagararegion.ca
Radman, Marilyn marilyn.radman@niagararegion.ca
Rino Mostacci RMostacci@town.forterie.on.ca
McManus, Lisa lisa.mcmanus@niagararegion.ca

CC:
info@cdnmotorspeedway.com
ckett@town.forterie.on.ca

Old 12-10-2009, 07:09 AM

December 7th Fort Erie Town Council voted unanimously to approve the speedway.

December 9th the Niagara Planning Committee voted unanimously to approve the speedway.

Next step is with Niagara Council - so help the speedway and click the link to send your comments to the Region.

Here's the last message I received.

Good day today for the Canadian Motor Speedway Project at Regional Council. The Region Planning Committee voted to send the application to council. A successful day. Step 2 complete. Onward!

PLEASE HELP THE SPEEDWAY BECOME A REALITY BY FILLING OUT THIS FORM. LET THE REGIONAL CLERK KNOW THAT YOU SUPPORT THIS PROJECT.CLICK ON THE LINK BELOW. IT ONLY TAKES A MOMENT AND IT'S VERY IMPORTANT THAT YOU DO SO. THANK YOU.

http://www.regional.niagara.on.ca/mailto.a...lear&name=Clerk
Old 12-10-2009, 08:10 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

sent
I would like to express my support for the project, not only will it generate revenue for the local economy but create interest in the sport.

I am excited to see that both town council and planning committee have approved it's construction and hope that the region council will see it's benefits and vote for approval as well.

Please accept my support on the matter.

Sincerely,
Dominic Saliba
Grimsby resident