Southern Ontario S2000 Owners Southern Ontario S2000 Owners forum including Toronto, Kitchener/Waterloo, Hamilton and surrounding area

More BAR Honda F1 Dreamin' Bullsh**t

Old 02-01-2004, 12:22 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default More BAR Honda F1 Dreamin' Bullsh**t

Yes, I call DR and the rest of those blokes who run BAR Honda F1 team a bunch of dreamers as the HondaV10 continues to Blow up in testing. Reading this is such bullsh**t.. they won't see a podium in '04 whatsover.

The new BAR-Honda 006 for '04

Lucky Strike B.A.R Honda believes it is can provide a credible challenge to the top three teams with its all-new B.A.R Honda 006 car, launched today at Barcelona's Circuit de Catalunya. The new car represents another major performance step - one which Team Principal David Richards predicts will see B.A.R fighting for regular podium places in 2004.
I think not ! What a dreamer ! sounds more like Craig Pollock as the days go by

"As we enter the third year of my tenure at B.A.R, a great deal of the groundwork is behind us and we are now in a position to provide a consistent challenge to the top three teams - Richards said.
bullsh**T

"Our relationship with Honda has developed immeasurably, to the point where we now have a totally integrated engineering team,
NO YOU HAVE NOT ..only person to do that with Honda was Ron Dennis back in '88 and 89 with McLaren

and the B.A.R Honda 006 is testament to the strength of our partnership. Our driver line-up of Jenson Button and Takuma Sato provides us with an exciting combination of youth, experience and ambition, which has dramatically boosted the team's motivation to succeed. The whole operation is moving forward relentlessly and as each week goes by I see our team taking another methodical step towards our long-term goal of front line competitiveness."
I think I'm gonna BAR-F

Old 02-01-2004, 01:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You're so negative.......
Old 02-01-2004, 01:55 PM

no, just being realistic especially when itz F1 related
Old 02-01-2004, 02:12 PM

Sometimes, it's also good to be optimistic. Well, only if you're a BAR fan like myself.

Given how many years the team has been around, i don't particulary think they are doing that bad. Remember all the top teams have been around for decades, which means decades of development work to build upon. BAR is relatively a brand spankin new team.

Next year will be very interesting. I think we can expect some podium finishes by Button and perhaps in a couple of years, they can contend for the title. Honda engines are one of the most powerful motors in F1 today. It's not very apparnet because the chassis is not up to much. They may not be bulletproof but if you examine it closely, they have given up mainly towards the end of the season and everyone knows thats the time to start taking risks for development purposes for the following season.

I don't know, maybe i'm just being optimitic..
Old 02-01-2004, 02:21 PM

let's dance shall we ?

put our views and knowledge to test ?

I bet you $500.00 CDN ? or we can raise it to $1000.00CDN (if you really wanna dance)

that Button , nor Sato see a podium in 2004 ?

any takers ?
Old 02-02-2004, 06:18 AM

Well Simon, you know my point of view regarding this... BAR/Honda is going to suck and my third team to cheer for this year is now Renault.

Out of curiosity Simon, in simple terms what do you think is the problem - BAR's management or Honda's engineering?
Old 02-02-2004, 06:39 AM

BAR's management or Honda's engineering?
Doug - To answer your question is shortly , BAR Management more so. BAR's internal management structure is in turmoil. The team got so distracted last year with the whole JV issue, does he drive, does he not drive ? that many things went neglected. They have no clue how to bridge the gap between the UK and Japan as did Ron Dennis successfully did in '88. Honda have the resources, they just need to be put into the right direction. Subsequently, another little birdie from across the pond told me which I am tending to believe, at the moment. Honda are playing possum as well as they are holding back info from BAR as they want to take over the team completely. So with the poor internal management of BAR coupled with Honda's mini cat and mouse game, you will see both drivers struggling. (maybe even get the 10 positions on grid penalty) which in a year or two will be swallowed up entirely by Honda. Then, when this occurs, they'll be no more excuses, I hope.

there's your short answer

simon
Old 02-02-2004, 08:21 AM

Received 195 Likes on 99 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by s2ksimon
Old 02-02-2004, 01:37 PM

Here you go simon....pretty good for a team in turmoil.

http://f1.racing-live.com/en/index.html?ht...202185820.shtml
Old 02-02-2004, 02:06 PM

I really hope BAR pull thier $hit together this year....I would like to see them come second. First is reserved .

Quick Reply: More BAR Honda F1 Dreamin' Bullsh**t