Sponsor S2000 Suspension, Brake and Handling Deals Sponsor deals on S2000 suspension and S2000 handling products

SakeBomb Garage | Custom FPSpört Ohlins DFV Group Buy

Old 07-05-2017, 01:45 AM

Received 39 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by SakeBomb Garage
Currently is on sale for July 4th! Use Coupon Code FIREWORKS2017 for best pricing.

Ordered.. can't wait!
Had a set of stock DFV's and this setup cures all of Ohlins shortcomings!
The following users liked this post:
SakeBomb Garage (07-06-2017)
Old 07-06-2017, 10:51 AM
Sponsor

Received 56 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by j0oftheworld
Ordered.. can't wait!
Had a set of stock DFV's and this setup cures all of Ohlins shortcomings!
Thanks! We are excited to hear your thoughts on these vs the vanilla Ohlins kit!
Old 07-06-2017, 10:55 AM
Sponsor

Originally Posted by DanielB
I installed the kit this weekend and so far am very happy. I was worried that the 11k springs might be too stiff for the street, but softening the struts (I'm experimenting around the 16-18 clicks range) gives a better ride over small bumps than stock. It's noticeable that the springs are firmer on bigger bumps, and the soft setting (really only rebound is being adjusted) is apparent. For cruising it's a good compromise, but for aggressive driving, you'd want to go firmer. I'll try them out on the track in about 2 weeks which will be the real test.

Two small things I learned about installing the kit:
1) It's better to remove the old shock/spring combo from both sides before you install the new ones. Otherwise, once you install the new shorter shock/spring on one side, you'll need to remove an ARB link in order to drop the lower control arm on the other side enough to get the shock over it and out. Or you could use a spring compressor if you have one.

2) Install the remote adjuster on the driver side before you install the shock. The fuel lines make it hard to get an allen wrench on the adjustor hat once the shock is installed.

My wife and I drove around downtown Denver and she didn't say anything about the ride being different. I'm sure if I asked her, she would have commented as it is different, but the fact that she didn't say anything, even after she saw me installing them earlier in the day, says that the changes are small. Like I said up top, I'm quite happy that the street characteristics of this kit are as reasonable as they are. Can't wait to try them out on the track.
Between the excellent Ohlins DFV and our custom valving specification for FPSport, the ride quality is amazing even with the 11k/11k spring rates. We look forward to hearing about your experience on the track!
Old 07-06-2017, 11:05 AM
Sponsor

I installed the kit this weekend and so far am very happy. I was worried that the 11k springs might be too stiff for the street, but softening the struts (I'm experimenting around the 16-18 clicks range) gives a better ride over small bumps than stock. It's noticeable that the springs are firmer on bigger bumps, and the soft setting (really only rebound is being adjusted) is apparent. For cruising it's a good compromise, but for aggressive driving, you'd want to go firmer. I'll try them out on the track in about 2 weeks which will be the real test.
FYI while its true that most single adjustable dampers only adjust rebound, the DFV the adjustments change both compression and rebound force.
Old 07-06-2017, 03:00 PM

Received 75 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by SakeBomb Garage
FYI while its true that most single adjustable dampers only adjust rebound, the DFV the adjustments change both compression and rebound force.
I was going by the Ohlins' Owners Manual which says "The adjustor affects the rebound, and also, the compression damping to a smaller degree".
Old 07-11-2017, 03:24 PM
Sponsor

ONE SPORT KIT LEFT from our last run of kits! First come first serve These sell out fast but we're limited to the amount of components we can source, so for now it's not an item that we can keep on the shelf for extended periods.

Our next batch is scheduled in 6-8 weeks.

Please ask if you've got any questions and again these do include our remote adjusters for your rear panels.

-SakeBomb Garage

Last edited by SakeBomb Garage; 07-11-2017 at 03:27 PM.
Old 07-16-2017, 05:53 PM
Sponsor

I was going by the Ohlins' Owners Manual which says "The adjustor affects the rebound, and also, the compression damping to a smaller degree".
The knob adjusts BOTH rebound and compression damping at one time. The only thing you are doing with dual adjustable is decoupling the two, and adjusting separately. We've seen a lot of customers struggle with adjusting a single knob correctly, let along a 32x32 matrix / 2D map. You really need data logging to get the most out of 2 way adjustable suspension. With good valving on a single adjustable, we can set a very nice rate change for rebound and compression but with one knob... most of the time straying from this setting only makes handling worse unless you REALLY know what you're doing.
Old 02-03-2019, 01:12 PM

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts

Just curious, those of you who purchased these Ohlins kits from SBG, did you actually receive the remote rear adjusters? I got in on a set from this thread: https://www.s2ki.com/forums/sponsor-...1178739/page2/ and never did receive them. Emailed back and forth with SBG a few times and still never received the remote adjusters.
Old 02-04-2019, 10:49 AM
Sponsor

Originally Posted by treimche
Just curious, those of you who purchased these Ohlins kits from SBG, did you actually receive the remote rear adjusters? I got in on a set from this thread: https://www.s2ki.com/forums/sponsor-...1178739/page2/ and never did receive them. Emailed back and forth with SBG a few times and still never received the remote adjusters.
Hey! We've sent out all pending orders for remote adjusters although, if you did not receive them send us an email at info@sakebombgarage.com

I understand you said you've reached out before, I'd like to figure out what happened. Do you have a tracking number or order number I can look up? Shoot us a PM or an email again. We'll get this sorted out.

-- Christian
Old 03-08-2019, 03:39 PM
Sponsor

Packed and ready to ship!