UK & Ireland Meets & Events - Past Archive of old meets in the past

Confirmed: Spring Bedford Trackday Sat 29 April

Old 12-06-2005, 09:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd be happy with either venue, but the proposed dates are a bit close to the Nurburgring trip aren't they?

https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=279976

I know the Nurby trip thread was only posted in March of this year though, so you may not have had a chance to check it yet

(don't let my sarcasm stifle your enthusiasm Rahul - we all appreciate your efforts )
Old 12-06-2005, 09:58 AM

[QUOTE=Fieldl,Dec 6 2005, 06:25 PM]Track Action organise a lot of the events for Renault Clio Sport guys.
I did a day with them at Donnington in November.
Old 12-06-2005, 10:03 AM
LTB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Maybe due to a lack of understanding/communication on his part.

He possibly thought that you wanted a demo of what the car was capable of.

Even so that's p*ss poor from him. Any instructor worth their salt should conduct a decent brief before you start so you can discuss what you want and thus serve you better.
Old 12-06-2005, 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by ctrlaltdelboy,Dec 6 2005, 06:55 PM
I'd be happy with either venue, but the proposed dates are a bit close to the Nurburgring trip aren't they?

https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=279976

I know the Nurby trip thread was only posted in March of this year though, so you may not have had a chance to check it yet

(don't let my sarcasm stifle your enthusiasm Rahul - we all appreciate your efforts )
Somehow I doubt that the people doing the Ring will be the same people coming to Donington. However the dates are not set yet and I still await prices, availability and tracks which is a long way to go mate.

Edit: Sorry, I am still pissed off with my Homer moment with the lunch and now remembering about the twit of an instructor at Oulton. If I come across sharp it is only because of these two things.
Old 12-06-2005, 10:07 AM
LTB

Rahula to the red wine department please.

Old 12-06-2005, 10:08 AM

Originally Posted by LTB,Dec 6 2005, 07:03 PM
Maybe due to a lack of understanding/communication on his part.

He possibly thought that you wanted a demo of what the car was capable of.

Even so that's p*ss poor from him. Any instructor worth their salt should conduct a decent brief before you start so you can discuss what you want and thus serve you better.
But he was an instructor not a bloody demonstrator. No, he knew what he was doing alright. He was a very good driver but a good driver does not make a good teacher as I have learnt. I asked him at the end of each laps for some input but none was forthcoming instead telling me how he wished he could have attended not as an instructor but could afford to go to trackdays in a car like mine!

My wife was terrified in the car and he knew it was her first ever time out on track and he raced in my car, against another car, inches from the rear bumper with a woman who was visibly shaken.
Old 12-06-2005, 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by rahula,Dec 6 2005, 07:03 PM
Somehow I doubt that the people doing the Ring will be the same people coming to Donington. However the dates are not set yet and I still await prices, availability and tracks which is a long way to go mate.

Edit: Sorry, I am still pissed off with my Homer moment with the lunch and now remembering about the twit of an instructor at Oulton. If I come across sharp it is only because of these two things.
Er I'm doing da ring, PJL wants to, Burnie's thinking about it, so there is a fair amount of crossover. But if it's a choice, it has to be the ring. If you've been, you'll understand!
Old 12-06-2005, 10:22 AM

there's plenty of us doing the ring who would also be up for another of your well-organised days Rahul, but the ring trip is expensive and a uk day so close to it would force non attendance for myself despite actually wanting to attend were it staggered sufficiently.
Old 12-06-2005, 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by chilled,Dec 6 2005, 07:14 PM
Er I'm doing da ring, PJL wants to, Burnie's thinking about it, so there is a fair amount of crossover. But if it's a choice, it has to be the ring. If you've been, you'll understand!
Originally Posted by ctrlaltdelboy,Dec 6 2005, 07:22 PM
there's plenty of us doing the ring who would also be up for another of your well-organised days Rahul, but the ring trip is expensive and a uk day so close to it would force non attendance for myself despite actually wanting to attend were it staggered sufficiently.
but this is the problem. If I was to stagger it 3 weeks in advance this wouldn't be enough and if I stagger it by more than 4 weeks after your return I upset those who are going to France or MM.

I am not trying to be obstructive but there are all sorts of dates which are already taken up by different meets. In May there is one to France and MM. In June there are more meets, in March there are others etc therefore to find a date which will allow everyone who is interested in attending to actually do so is impossible from a planning point of view. I therefore have two dates for people to select from.

OK we have a possibility of 18 March at Donington maximum 60 cars which would be almost exclusive to us or 29 April at Bedford maximum 80 cars. Which one? Maybe the months are just wrong with too many things happening. I don't want to do another day in the cold and wet TBH and might just leave it until June to sort out.
Old 12-06-2005, 10:55 AM

List of meets in 2006.

https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=221310

Quick Reply: Confirmed: Spring Bedford Trackday Sat 29 April