UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Exhaust mod

Old 05-06-2012, 11:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Haha! Brill! It hasn't stopped raining here for weeks so haven't had a chance to get the roof down yet. Looking forward to it.

Ray's new idea sounds interesting! Watch this space I guess?!
Old 05-07-2012, 11:45 PM

Sorry for the late response on this, I've been too busy driving the car

The exhaust mod with the 28mm sounds great, it is noticeably louder with both roof up and down so it seems it is a step up on the 22mm pipe which i guess is expected. With the windows down it really is significantly louder from 2k-5k and finally gives the car a proper exhaust note even when you are not hitting the vtec which i always wanted. Its got a louder burble on idle but if you just just pootle about town then you can quite easily keep it quiet. Its only when you use full throttle that is really sings. Hit a few tunnels in Manchester on Sunday and it sounds great!!

A massive thank you to Ray and Ang. Rays quality of work was second to none, a real top bloke!
Old 05-08-2012, 03:39 AM

So where is everyone buying their pipe and how much is it costing? Also, and what's the sort of price range for the welding - how long would it take a welder to do?
Old 05-08-2012, 04:13 AM

I went to a steel fabricators workshop on an industrial estate, they gave me it for nothing! It's only an offcut after all.

I was lucky in that the welders at my work did it for me so it also cost nothing, but it took a total of one and a half hours to complete (including removal and refitting of exhaust).

HTH
Old 05-08-2012, 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by jammer2209
So where is everyone buying their pipe and how much is it costing? Also, and what's the sort of price range for the welding - how long would it take a welder to do?
if your a club member , and you supply your own pipe Ray will weld it in for nowt, if you can't get the pipe we have some stainless and you just pay for the pipe and we weld it in for nowt, but you have to help take the exhaust off and stick it back on again, oh and make the brews,, should take about a hour and half, if the phone don't ring or people come in pestering, but if you don't live round here i'm sure you'll find someone local to you.

Ang
Old 05-08-2012, 10:52 PM

Cheers Ang,

As a southerner I'm in the wrong place for your fantastic offer

My mate is a welder (although the busiest man in the world - if it's only half an hour I imagine i'll be able to get some time) and I'll grab some pipe off ebay or something. Looking forward to having something inbetween stock and my current 3 inch single (very loud).
Old 05-09-2012, 02:54 AM

Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts

Seriously considering coming up to you to have it done. I make excellent tea! Can also provide witty banter and a reflective bald head.
Bloody long drive but I'd rather get it done by someone I know on here than some random garage daaan saaarf.
Old 05-09-2012, 03:30 AM

bi-modal is the way forward.

the switch on my car bypasses the silencer
Old 05-09-2012, 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by Rilot
Seriously considering coming up to you to have it done. I make excellent tea! Can also provide witty banter and a reflective bald head.
Bloody long drive but I'd rather get it done by someone I know on here than some random garage daaan saaarf.
It is indeed a looong way. Seems like there are a few owners in the South East area with interest in this - myself included. If only there was someone on here in the London area capable of doing the weld - and I'm sure there is - , we could all meet up one afternoon .

Any takers?
Old 05-09-2012, 02:32 PM

any idea where i could get this done in plymouth or devon/cornwall?? I'm really keen but just too far away from you guys. The 28mm pipe sounds fantastic!!! Has anyone thought about pushing the boat out and going for a 30mm?

Quick Reply: Exhaust mod