UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Exhaust mod

Old 05-09-2012, 07:59 PM
koh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

don't know if its the audio quality but that sounds really nice!
Old 05-10-2012, 01:32 AM

Originally Posted by chet
Originally Posted by Rilot' timestamp='1336560841' post='21682019
Seriously considering coming up to you to have it done. I make excellent tea! Can also provide witty banter and a reflective bald head.
Bloody long drive but I'd rather get it done by someone I know on here than some random garage daaan saaarf.
It is indeed a looong way. Seems like there are a few owners in the South East area with interest in this - myself included. If only there was someone on here in the London area capable of doing the weld - and I'm sure there is - , we could all meet up one afternoon .

Any takers?
TGM Sport?
Old 05-10-2012, 02:10 AM

Originally Posted by ross_gerry
any idea where i could get this done in plymouth or devon/cornwall?? I'm really keen but just too far away from you guys. The 28mm pipe sounds fantastic!!! Has anyone thought about pushing the boat out and going for a 30mm?
Personally i don't think 30mm would be beneficial, the 28mm is quite a bit louder and for me loud enough. The way I see it is, if you use your car as a daily driver i'd stick with 22m pipe, its a bit of a weekend toy then the 28mm fits the bill perfectly. Just my two pennys worth
Old 05-10-2012, 04:17 AM

if i was to do this i would add a flange and use different plates to alter the sound, it would not take much time to change plates, or if you fitted a buterfly valve its adjustable from inside the car
http://www.flickr.com/photos/oxhouse...in/photostream
not sure if this works but here is a sketch
Old 05-10-2012, 04:49 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by simundo777
Originally Posted by ross_gerry' timestamp='1336602737' post='21684305
any idea where i could get this done in plymouth or devon/cornwall?? I'm really keen but just too far away from you guys. The 28mm pipe sounds fantastic!!! Has anyone thought about pushing the boat out and going for a 30mm?
Personally i don't think 30mm would be beneficial, the 28mm is quite a bit louder and for me loud enough. The way I see it is, if you use your car as a daily driver i'd stick with 22m pipe, its a bit of a weekend toy then the 28mm fits the bill perfectly. Just my two pennys worth
Too noisey for you?
Old 05-10-2012, 05:25 AM

No not too noisy by any stretch and no drone on motorways but I wouldn't want it any louder. I guess everyone has different views on what 'loud' is though so its hard to generalise.
Old 05-10-2012, 09:22 AM

Still um'ing and r'ing about selling the DMS 65Pro to free up some house deposit money since this seems to have some nice results, I'm wondering if I'll miss having a deep tone or not, more so since it's now only a weekend car
Old 05-10-2012, 01:18 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Is selling an exhaust really going to make a big impact on the price of a house?
Old 05-11-2012, 12:49 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ChilledBud
Still um'ing and r'ing about selling the DMS 65Pro as its making my ears bleed, but I don't want to advertise the fact to any prospective punter, I'm wondering if I'll miss having a deep tone or not, more so since it's now only a weekend car
EFA
Old 05-11-2012, 04:14 AM

Not at all, it's a bit loud as a daily driver, or more to the point the drone is a little much, but now the car's only used as a weekend car it's not much of an issue as there's no long motorway commute. Had it been ear bleeding I'd not have had it on this long, I've had Buddy clubs that are ear splitting, and this is a a couple of leagues quieter. My parents haven't commented on it's volume, so it's defiantly not anti social. I'd not be worried about saying if it was in any case, as exhausts really are horses for courses, the really loud exhaust always seem to sell.

Money is money when it comes to house deposits, if it's reducing the mortgage total then it's saving more than the £600 or what ever the exhaust is worth, and only being used now and again it's not something I would class as a must keep.

Quick Reply: Exhaust mod