UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Exhaust mod

Old 05-04-2012, 10:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by simonix
It sounds very subtle in the car, I almost thought there was no difference unless under full throttle, however i did a video of before and after, and, Well hear for yourselves....

BEFORE:

[media]http://s163.photobucket.com/albums/t316/shamone-cupra/?action=view&current=IMG_1307.mp4[/media]

AFTER:

http://s163.photobuc...nt=IMG_1322.mp4

Much more rasp afterwards! I think it sounds great, and absolutely no drone whatsoever.
Very cool, and thanks for uploading the vids . It seems to have a significant impact when the throttle is wide open .

So how are you all getting on one week later? Anyone found any annoying characteristics such as drone?
Old 05-04-2012, 11:05 AM

Hi chet no drone, vibration, resonance, with the roof up and steady driving you wouldn't know the difference, it's only noticeable when you put your foot down hmm ( make's me think i should have used 28mm) but will reserve judgement until i have heard one in the flesh as vids/ speakers all distort the sound somewhat, should be doing one tomorrow with 28mm so will have a chance to hear the difference between the two side by side.
Old 05-04-2012, 11:11 AM

Great to hear it's all going well. How do you think a smaller pipe will affect your current set up?

Originally Posted by F3 ANG
Hi chet no drone, vibration, resonance, with the roof up and steady driving you wouldn't know the difference, it's only noticeable when you put your foot down hmm ( make's me think i should have used 22mm) but will reserve judgement until i have heard one in the flesh as vids/ speakers all distort the sound somewhat, should be doing one tomorrow with 22mm so will have a chance to hear the difference between the two side by side.
Two side by side? Would make a good video comparison...
Old 05-04-2012, 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by chet
Whatever

will have to see what the other party say's
Old 05-04-2012, 11:18 AM

Great to hear it's all going well. How do you think a smaller pipe will affect your current set up?
?? Ha HA i just spotted the deliberate mistake,, edited accordingly
Old 05-04-2012, 11:37 AM

Same for me, no drone or resonance, etc. can't really tell that much difference when in the car. I found the most noticeable change in sound from the drivers point of view is part throttle. My girlfriend says it sounds "different" and "little bit louder" from outside the car listening as a pedestrian.

Wouldn't surprise me if the difference between 22 and 28mm is minimal.
Old 05-04-2012, 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by F3 ANG
Originally Posted by chet' timestamp='1336158700' post='21670078

Whatever

will have to see what the other party say's
I'll bring my camera
Old 05-06-2012, 01:05 PM

Did triple 7's exhaust on sat, and borrowed a camera to video the comparison I've decided we are no good at this video malarkey, the sound doesn't replicate the true sound so I'm afraid someone with a better system and knowledge will have to have a go, sorry, but back to the mod we used 28mm link pipe and it sounds very good, there's not a lot of difference between the 22mm and 28mm at idle or with a blip on the throttle, but it sure does sound better under acceleration, so here's the vid, apologies for the poor quality,

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3c7Vp4JK3fo[/media]
Old 05-06-2012, 01:18 PM

That does sound good!! I need someone to drive mine so I can here it from the roadside. It doesn't sound that much different in the car I don't think. Do you find the same thing Ang?
Old 05-06-2012, 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by simonix
That does sound good!! I need someone to drive mine so I can here it from the roadside. It doesn't sound that much different in the car I don't think. Do you find the same thing Ang?
With the roof up not much, which is why i like the mod, but with the roof down or Ray the lead foot driving then it sounds great you will have to let someone drive it down the road you will be chuffed with how it sounds or go out with the roof down and smack it's arse, Ray is thinking of a new mod now using the butterfly valves from the back box of a BMW 325,,,
(children will play or men never grow up ),,, Ang

Quick Reply: Exhaust mod