UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

IT had to F*****g happen eventually(RANT)

Old 09-07-2002, 05:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default IT had to F*****g happen eventually(RANT)

Finally got round to giving the S a full zainoing,. it took two days of serious elbow grease.The end results were amazing the S looked stunning Wednesday night i had to take it to work(owing to the fact my daily driver had a puncture).Any way I parked the S in a Quiet side street behind the Regents Pk holiday inn.It was under a street light away from any other vehicles this was at 12.20 a.m. I returned at 2.50.a.m.The first thing i noticed was a lot of newspapers all over the road i initially thoght they had fallen from a bin lorry no bigee thought me, that is until i looked at my car it was covered in glass on further investigation it turned out that all the detritus in the street was holiday inn related I went to the front of the hotel and demanded the night manager he duly came out i took him to the rear whilst we were there i flagged down a passing police van to see what he had to say.They were both of the opinion that some imbecile(not my choice of words) had ejected most of the moveable contents of its room out of the window the night manager said he would get the rear facing rooms checked out when the guests had awoken the policeman agreed that that was the only way to proceed.Later that day(thursday) I was phoned by holiday inns area manager who as good as told me he knew who the 'imbecile' was but wasn't at liberty to disclose said information to me because of the data protection act .He advised me to report the incident to the police,which i duly did.Now i have to wait until the police 'get round' to going to the hotel Anyway after picking off the glass and copious buckets of water i have escaped with three smallish dents(where the ash tray hit)I am going to take her to the dent doctor fella at smalldole sometime next week and see if he can help.
Old 09-08-2002, 12:28 AM

Blimey - that's a nightmare story.
I would presume Holiday Inns will want to prosecute also.
Have you taken photographs ? It could be usedul later on.
Old 09-08-2002, 12:55 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I don`t think I`ll ever use my stook in the functional `A->B` sense. I drive oh yeah, to my mums, where it sits on the drive or selected mates that live in culdesacs - but shoping, nope, cinema, nope.

Its a bummer we have to think like this - but my car seems to drive about and then return to its home.

Dunno if this`ll change, but that Supermeet carpark better have some damned good protection

Old 09-08-2002, 01:53 AM

Originally posted by cheshire_carper
I don`t think I`ll ever use my stook in the functional `A->B` sense.
Leaving aside your use of the s***k word <shudder>, some of us don't have that luxury, Colin. I stretched myself to the limit to pay for the S in the first place, so the idea of a second car for "functional" driving is a bit of a non-starter for me I do know what you mean about feeling paranoid about leaving it anywhere though.

It comes to something when you can't park your car anywhere public for fear of coming back to find that it's (a) not there, (b) has been keyed by some jealous f***wit, or
Old 09-08-2002, 02:14 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Mark
fully understand your position and plight. Its a pain in the rectum when we can`t own things after years of effort.

I`m lucky to have a second car - but unlucky in the way I always get the golf out when I`m unsure about driving to a location. Today for example, its beaut out here - but I want to go to B+Q to try and setup one of these hoist thingys for my garage ceiling, in the s2k ( ) to B+Q carpark? No way. I`m in a Vectra this morn......

whats the point in owning it??????

Oh yeah....I remember >6.5k