UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Jenson

Old 09-29-2009, 08:24 AM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Old 09-29-2009, 08:29 AM
LTB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This really is turning into bad news.

Great effort by the dealership network, but a piss poor effort from Honda UK.

I was quite impressed with their involvement in Euromeet, but then they had a shiny new white car to flog.

It's when the shit hits the fan that you see how good an organisation is. We got the talk about the bushes issue several years ago, but that was all it was, hot air.

It seems this case is no different.

The club has had a good relationship with HUK of late with regards to events, but it is resolving these kind of issues that really matters to an owner.

Come on Honda UK, you are letting yourselves down big time.

Old 09-29-2009, 09:05 AM
Administrator

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

When you buy a product from a shop, who do you take it back to?

The Shop.

The shop sorts it for you fine. If they need help off the manufacturer they get it.

I don't see what Honda (UK) haven't done in either of these cases

Old 09-29-2009, 09:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AquilaEagle,Sep 29 2009, 06:05 PM

I think that's the point

What's the latest ETF?? - hope it's all on track
Old 09-29-2009, 09:34 AM

To be fair the issue surrounding HUK with Mr Podes car turned out to be nothing to do with them.

I think Gas has posted this on another thread somwhere

Let's hope both are back to full health soon
Old 09-29-2009, 09:54 AM

Ian - Maybe we have very different expectations of customer service.

To be told your 10 week old car has something fundamental wrong , and not to drive it is disappointing.

To then be told by Honda UK ( That building off Junction 5 on the M4 - That Honda UK. The phone number that starts 01753... that one... ) - that Honda UK cannot provide the components for 4 weeks, therefore I will not get my car back for 5 weeks is IMO unacceptable.

Then you are politely informed that the only car Honda UK will authorise me to drive is a basic Vauxhall Astra. (HUK have outsourced warranty cars to Enterprise. )
If my car would be returned within 7 days - I would not have an issue with any car presented.

But 5 Weeks?

I am expecting Honda UK to see that they just sold me a new car, the circumstances are exceptional as is their delay on being able to find the components for a repair.
They should try to put me in a comparable car. ( does not need to be an S2000 - it's a big ask as they are all sold )

Now - Are my expectations too high?

My car has been sat at Crown for 3 weeks now.
Before it was parked up - It was in there 3 times in the previous 5 weeks to get the problem looked at.

It has in the last day been moved to Bristol Honda.

When Al heard of me being given an Astra - he sorted out a great car for me.
He has done the same for Trish.
Old 09-29-2009, 09:57 AM

Received 179 Likes on 145 Posts

Originally Posted by AquilaEagle,Sep 29 2009, 06:05 PM
When you buy a product from a shop, who do you take it back to?

The Shop.

The shop sorts it for you fine. If they need help off the manufacturer they get it.

As others have said, it's that they just haven't been involved at all. The overwhelming feeling I got from Customer Services was that they're the muddy water between the dealer and the customer and the dealer is no better off than the person on the other side of the counter.

Smoke and mirrors is what springs to mind as far as i'm concerned - the only reason Honda are as 'good' as they are is because the basic product is well built, well designed and well supported by the dealer network with comparitively little involvement from Honda Uk themselves. I can actually see little or no reason for Honda UK Customer Services department having anything to do with the general public at all because they're a dealer support network in my eyes and nothing more.

From my own experience, i'd never buy an approved used Honda from a Dealer ever again because as far as I'm concerned there is no such thing.

As far as Gaspode and Bokkie are concerned, it's good to see them both getting sorted out and hopefully the next 100,000 miles will be trouble free and happy motoring
Old 09-29-2009, 10:09 AM
Administrator

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by Gaspode,Sep 29 2009, 06:54 PM
Ian - Maybe we have very different expectations of customer service.

To be told your 10 week old car has something fundamental wrong , and not to drive it is disappointing.

To then be told by Honda UK ( That building off Junction 5 on the M4 - That Honda UK ) - that Honda UK cannot provide the components for 4 weeks, therefore I will not get my car back for 5 weeks is IMO unacceptable.

Then you are politely informated that the only car Honda UK will authorise me to drive is a basic Vauxhall Astra. (HUK have outsourced warranty cars to Enterprise. )
If my car would be returned within 7 days - I would not have an issue with any car presented.

But 5 Weeks?

I am expecting Honda UK to see that they just sold me a new car, the circumstances are exceptional as is their delay on being able to find the components for a repair.
They should try to put me in a comparable car. ( does not need to be an S2000 - it's a big ask as they are all sold )

Now - Are my expectations too high?

My car has been sat at Crown for 3 weeks now.
It has just been moved to Bristol Honda.

When Al heard of me being given an Astra - he sorted out a great car for me.
He has done the same for Trish.
Of course it is disappointing, and it's unfortunate it has happened.

They are getting the components and fixing the car.

Your other option is to reject the car.

I'm glad that Bristol Honda have been able to help. IMO so they should. You shouldn't have to fight with the manufacturer, the dealer should fight for you.

What was your approach to Honda (UK) about the hire car?
Old 09-29-2009, 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by NineBolts,Sep 29 2009, 05:09 PM
think top pic might be wrong way up.
There's always one critic

Does it matter which way round the pic is...that's my usual view of my car's heart, sans the bonnet!
Old 09-29-2009, 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by Gaspode,Sep 26 2009, 02:59 PM
Why not get Tango to buff up the inside of that engine bay?
Have you booked yours in now?

Quick Reply: Jenson