UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Jenson

Old 08-02-2010, 11:34 AM

Received 247 Likes on 212 Posts

Jings bokkie, that's bloody awful, hopefully you won't be too long without Jenson and it is indeed 3rd time lucky , tis just as well you're near one of Honda's better dealers.

I'm gonna worry now every time I start the car.
Right off now to
Old 08-02-2010, 11:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bokkie I I feel for you. I have followed the story from afar from the beginning ( at least I think it was the beginning).....

I hope you get this sorted soon and with the least possible pain.

I am sure this will test your loyalty to the brand and the car.

If my car was new enough I would be taking the extended warranty that Honda offer before my three years lapsed for (hopefully) some piece of mind.
Old 08-02-2010, 01:37 PM

Oh good greif this is pretty scary news! Bokkie I totally feel for you, and the others who have gone through this WHAT a nightmare.

Meanwhile how do other people feel with their late plate cars ?
Mine gets to the old age of 3 (in march 2011) and I am already driving around without the stereo on everywhere I go listening to the engine (call me paranoid but since I've not had the car long I want to be able to detect any tiny changes I can).

Any one want to guess if Honda will be interested in replacing engines once they are out of warrenty ??!
Old 08-02-2010, 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by robs_silver_s2k,Aug 2 2010, 07:47 PM
If my car was new enough I would be taking the extended warranty that Honda offer before my three years lapsed for (hopefully) some piece of mind.
Is this available Gaxxy ? and if it is.. just how much is it ??!!
Old 08-02-2010, 01:53 PM

Received 247 Likes on 212 Posts

Originally Posted by Laserlady,Aug 2 2010, 09:39 PM
Oh, this could be interesting, I know what I paid on the last S, but then I worked in a Honda franchise at the time.
Old 08-02-2010, 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by Laserlady,Aug 2 2010, 10:39 PM
Thanks for your comments Pete, Rob, Martin & LL I'm feeling a little numb tonight, waiting to hear what tomorow brings. The upside is that Jenson is in the best place (and hands) possible! Bristol Honda

LL, I'm going to stump up for an extended warranty when the time comes. FWIW I purchased an extended warranty on my previous S. Well worth every penny as it paid for a reconstructed and then a replaced gearbox...which cost less than a new engine!
Old 08-02-2010, 02:03 PM

My concern would now be that unless Honda know what is causing these engines to fail and it's not actually the Blocks that are at fault ( could be a dodgy batch of injectors causing a cylinder to run lean etc) how can they keep putting replacement engines into cars when they know that these replacement engines are just as likely to fail too! I have a replacement engine in my car that has now covered 1600 miles and I'm seriously concerned that it may blow as it came from the same stock (Belgium) as others did which have subsequently blown again and considering that my car is now out of warranty I cannot afford the cost of a replacement out of my own pocket.
One very nervous s2000 owner !
Old 08-02-2010, 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by p800bry,Aug 2 2010, 11:03 PM
My concern would now be that unless Honda know what is causing these engines to fail and it's not actually the Blocks that are at fault ( could be a dodgy batch of injectors causing a cylinder to run lean etc) how can they keep putting replacement engines into cars when they know that these replacement engines are just as likely to fail too! I have a replacement engine in my car that has now covered 1600 miles and I'm seriously concerned that it may blow as it came from the same stock (Belgium) as others did which have subsequently blown again and considering that my car is now out of warranty I cannot afford the cost of a replacement out of my own pocket.
One very nervous s2000 owner !
I feel for you - that's an uncomfortable position to be in. At least I've still got the luxury of the warranty. Did you consider the extended warranty? And would Honda still offer it to you now? It's probably a question worth asking...if you're up to spending the additional money?

The dealer who first approached Honda Technical re Jenson's current noise was told that Honda are investigating failed engines. This suggests to me that they're (hopefully) undertaking a bit of root cause analysis?

P, have you added your failed engine details to the new thread? It'd be good to keep a single source of failed engine information for interested parties (I suspect it may also be of use and interest to HUK....)
Old 08-02-2010, 02:23 PM

Ah, I see you've just added your details to the failed engine thread - good man!
Old 08-02-2010, 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by Bokkie,Aug 2 2010, 02:22 PM
I feel for you - that's an uncomfortable position to be in. At least I've still got the luxury of the warranty. Did you consider the extended warranty? And would Honda still offer it to you now? It's probably a question worth asking...if you're up to spending the additional money?

The dealer who first approached Honda Technical re Jenson's current noise was told that Honda are investigating failed engines. This suggests to me that they're (hopefully) undertaking a bit of root cause analysis?

P, have you added your failed engine details to the new thread? It'd be good to keep a single source of failed engine information for interested parties (I suspect it may also be of use and interest to HUK....)
I was not considering taking the extended warranty but in light of what has been happening Iwill be making a phone call to Honda in the morning My question to Honda if I was you Bokkie would be "What guarantees can you give me that this engine will not suffer the same fault as the last two engines?" Sadly I suspect the answer would be "none" . I just hope Honda realise the stress this causes to the owners of these cars Good Luck Bokkie hope you finally get a good un

Quick Reply: Jenson