UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

New Short Engine & Gear Box Required - 09 model

Old 07-28-2011, 10:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ian - spoke to Trish and several other members at length today.

I'm waiting for full info from dealer before I contact the black hole called Customer Service. TBH I was not in the right frame of mind today to even think about contacting them and would rather have a bit more information in my arsenal before I speak to them. I understand that Steve Dyer is currently planning on leaving the country but only for a couple of weeks
Old 07-28-2011, 10:27 AM

Received 247 Likes on 212 Posts

Feckin ell, that's a slap in the face CJ, frankly Honda are sheer dross and i wouldn't advise anyone to go near them for a lawn mower even. When I had the roof problems it was S Dyer's sidekick I emailed and got action unfortunately I can't remember his bloody name, sorry.
Old 07-28-2011, 10:53 AM

Contact details, phone numbers (including mobiles), etc. are on the other thread

Matt Gibson, Steve Dyer, Phil Dix, they all try and play pass the buck (badly)

Tomorrow is another day and the issues are still here......................

Best of luck CJ, if I can help you've got my number
Old 07-28-2011, 12:20 PM

Received 247 Likes on 212 Posts

Aha, Matt Gibson, probably no help though.
Old 07-28-2011, 12:31 PM

As I've just said to another member, if HUK came back and said 'hold off on the repair until we know exactly what the cause is because replacing the short engine doesn't seem to sort it' then fair enough but to be given a blanket 'no, not authorising repair' is extremely annoying and lacking in service of any kind.

I am now driving a vehicle that Honda local say requires repairing but HUK refuse to. Rock and hard place comes to mind
Old 07-28-2011, 12:39 PM

Received 179 Likes on 145 Posts

Really sorry to hear that CJ .... i had thought from talking to Trish that this was on the way to being sorted
Old 07-28-2011, 12:50 PM

It might be but there is no information being made available (for PR reasons obviously) so the conversation Mr CJ and I have been having is whether we cut our losses but of course I can't sell the vehicle as it currently is because it has several problems. So what do I do? Sit and wait and hope they sort it out, meanwhile I'm driving a defective vehicle which could go pop at any minute.

I got this vehicle for a reason and I intended on keeping it for a long time but what's the point if it's going to be a lemon? The problems that Trish and others have been having have been made worse by HUK sticking their head in the sand for so long. Steven Dyer is well aware of my problems because Trish has mentioned my woes several times to him.
Old 07-28-2011, 01:11 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Must be time to get some Civic boys who also have many probs and get the press involved Im sick of HUK...
Old 07-28-2011, 01:16 PM

TBH that's my thoughts however I suppose in fairness I have to allow them to prove to me that they don't give a sh!t about a handful of customers in a car they no longer make.

But on the other hand I don't see the point of contacting them as they have already made their position clear by refusing to do the work.
Old 07-28-2011, 01:23 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Bundle of Mayhem
But on the other hand I don't see the point of contacting them as they have already made their position clear by refusing to do the work.
That's probably what they want to happen...call their bluff.

A reason why is not unreasonable...far from it.

They need to be under constant pressure, and if that involves bringing in an external authority, then so be it.

Quick Reply: New Short Engine & Gear Box Required - 09 model