UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

New Short Engine & Gear Box Required - 09 model

Old 07-31-2011, 03:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A car was investigated by the Honda Institute September around 2009, the findings were never made public

Owners have been told lies by Honda (UK). They were told their failed engines had been shipped to Japan for investigation 2 years ago

They hadn't. They were kept at the dealers for months.

The noise made by the cars is not normal. It is not a precursor to engine trouble. It IS engine trouble.

I have listened to affected cars with my own ears, it is laughable that Honda tell customers "it is a characteristic of the car"

The cause of the engine failures should not be difficult to find, the engines have not exploded or disintegrated

This has gone on for 2 YEARS.

It is only due to owners pressing this that Honda have got their head out of their arse.

The issues remain. Nothing has changed yet.
Old 07-31-2011, 03:55 AM

Originally Posted by GREGSTERWIZ
A car was investigated by the Honda Institute September around 2009, the findings were never made public

Owners have been told lies by Honda (UK). They were told their failed engines had been shipped to Japan for investigation 2 years ago

They hadn't. They were kept at the dealers for months.

The noise made by the cars is not normal. It is not a precursor to engine trouble. It IS engine trouble.

I have listened to affected cars with my own ears, it is laughable that Honda tell customers "it is a characteristic of the car"

The cause of the engine failures should not be difficult to find, the engines have not exploded or disintegrated

This has gone on for 2 YEARS.

It is only due to owners pressing this that Honda have got their head out of their arse.

The issues remain. Nothing has changed yet.
Steve, you have pm.

It'd be great if you'd stop quoting me at me! My car was allegedly investigated in Sept 09, my engine parts were supposed to have been sent to Japan and weren't (for which HUK have apologised) and the list goes on...

It's easy and understandable to allow emotions to run on this topic (and to stir) but at the end of the day I choose to engage with HUK in a positive manner to seek a solution for all.
Old 07-31-2011, 04:52 AM

The best people to decide of a way forward are the people directly affected by this. Whatever they chose to do is fine with me. If they decide a protest is needed them I'm in. Until then I'll watch from the sidelines! Good luck.
Old 07-31-2011, 09:10 AM

I'd advocate Waiting until 12th August, and see where Jenson is at then - sounds like Honda are investigating properly, and whilst not public, we're finding out about it on here - not ideal, but let's give them one more chance....