UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

New Short Engine & Gear Box Required - 09 model

Old 07-28-2011, 01:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

CJ

Was dropped the nod about this post.

Engine issues going on for 2 years now.

THere is no excuse for a solution not being available.

HUK are 67% in the clear
S2000 sales are a small percentage of their portfolio.
And they have kept the genie in the bottle for 2 years.
1 more year to go and they are home and dry.
And the damage limitation costs have been minimised.

HUK dont care about the S, NSX or Type R buyer anymore.

All they care about are new car sales.

Want to get the issue sorted out.
Damage their potential for selling every new car.
Blow the Honda reliability halo out of the water.

When the press and public realise Honda = trouble. Heads will roll.
Whoever agreed the risk management strategy will be out on their ear.

For those that are old enough Think of Hoover.... Free flights fiasco.

The Honda enthuasiasts should be applying extreme leverage to wreck Honda's reliability image.
It should not be the case, but HUK are dependant on your apathy.

Get every Dis-satisfied Honda owner to park their car outside their local dealer every weeked liveried up with... Ask me why xxx number of Honda owners are angry with Honda and recommend you never buy one.

Make every action as public as possible.

Get everyone to write en masse to What Car, Autocar etc
Turn this into a PR nightmare for Honda.

The club may think this unreasonable, but then again Honda have been very generous to the club in the past.
The track record of seized bushes, torn roof's doesn't bode well for club involvement.

Want it sorted.... Create an environment that will decimate future Honda sales to the masses,
Not hard to do. Much easier to rant on a forum, with limited results.

Oh and the problem affects 08 and 09 owners.

I'm sure the club have £35k doing bugger all for a few years.... (. About 7 or 8 engines????)

What better use for it's members to hire a barrister or Max Clifford.

As you mentioned on the other thread, now that Glasses know the latter S's are time bombs. Watch the residuals tank for everyone that owns one.

You have a very limited time to get this resolved.

Put the pressure on Honda UK sooonest.
Old 07-28-2011, 01:49 PM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Bundle of Mayhem
Steven Dyer is well aware of my problems because Trish has mentioned my woes several times to him.
That is pure crap.

Your warranty claim is your warranty claim and independent of anything anyone else has 'told' honda UK.

No company is going to act on hearsay raised as part of someone else's warranty claim.

Address your own issues as exactly that and do not asssume that Honda know of your problems.
Old 07-28-2011, 03:48 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I find the handling of this so far by Honda, disgraceful.
Old 07-29-2011, 12:29 AM

CJ, you poor love!

I am gobsmacked - after everything that has gone on with 08/09 engines that Honda UK have turned you down with a flat no.

I think there's some merit in calling up everyone and anyone who can help you shout a bit louder about your case - it seems the only way that Honda will sit up and take notice is if their failings are made more public.

Honda sales are based on their perceived reliability - time to shake this perception up publicly I think!

If they were working on finding a cure with you then there souldn't be any need for this but a flat no is a flat no. If they can't help you - a loyal repeat customer on her second S - why should you be loyal to them?
Old 07-29-2011, 12:38 AM
LTB

You need to organise a meet outside HUK HQ.

I'm sure a lot on here would attend and from what Bernie is saying you'd get a fair few Civics too.

Time to create some negative publicity for them I feel.

I'm sure word would get round a lot of forums quickly and I'm sure that a real threat of action would force Honda's hand somewhat.
Old 07-29-2011, 12:49 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

^^^
Good suggestion
Old 07-29-2011, 01:22 AM

What has happened to Honda - my 11 yr S2000 still drives like a new car with 110k on it. Their quality control is awful now.

is it worth bypassing HUK and speaking to someone in HJP? Someon on the global S2ki must have contacts.

Meet outside HUK is a great idea. But HUK don't care about enthusiasts now, they make no products for real drivers any more

Hope you get this sorted soon CJ.
Old 07-29-2011, 01:33 AM

They need to drop 'The power of dreams' tagline because there's nothing they currently produce that I would dream about.
Old 07-29-2011, 01:42 AM

I'd be up for a S2000 blockade of HUK if it was arranged! Be good to draw their attention to the issues some are having. We could get the press involved if we knew there were going to be large numbers. I am sure there would be a good turnout from S2KI to help a good cause.
Old 07-29-2011, 03:41 AM
jsh

Having been reading thread's like this for over 2 year's now I'm up for any action that anybody think's fit !

How can Honda refuse a claim when the car is still under warrenty ?

With all that's been written and recorded sbout shoddy quality control on later car's why is it assummed that when warrenty's expire Honda can " wash their hand's " and forget all about it .

Seem's to me that there is a strong case for " unfit for purpose " .

If people cleverer than me can sort out a plan of action to force Honda to honour their obligation's , develop a " minor " sense of responsibilty for what is , after all , a f**k up of their own making I will support it in anyway I can .

I have rang / emailed / written to various dealer's and Honda UK on numerous occasion's over the past few month's to such an extent that when I ring now all I get is " out of the office " unreturned call's and unanswered email's .

Are there enough disgruntled owner's to get together and make Honda sit up and take notice ?

Regard's to all . John .

Quick Reply: New Short Engine & Gear Box Required - 09 model