UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Origin B2 owners

Old 01-20-2008, 03:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not sure i'd have it under the dash (as per mikerich's pics), think its useful to be able to see it without looking at the floor? I tried the Pogo (the new Origin) but had problems in the S as it constantly when off with the lazer detection? It worked ok in the Passat though so thinkin of making a purchase soon for my everyday driving in the company car.
Old 01-20-2008, 06:23 AM

Originally Posted by JimUK,Jan 20 2008, 12:45 PM
Not sure i'd have it under the dash (as per mikerich's pics), think its useful to be able to see it without looking at the floor? I tried the Pogo (the new Origin) but had problems in the S as it constantly when off with the lazer detection? It worked ok in the Passat though so thinkin of making a purchase soon for my everyday driving in the company car.
Like you, I tried the Pogo (the more advanced "Drive" model), but ended up returning it.

There was no way I could use the windscreen mount in the "S", there's no other mounting provided, and the cables make it difficult to position neatly. Other negaitives were the need to continually plug/unplug the three separate connectors/cables (power, speaker and GPS antenna) at every stop. The over-brightness of the display at night, low speaker volume and inbuilt GPS antenna loosing the signal didn't help. Compared with TomTom on the 4" display of my PDA/Phone the maps were a bit poor visually and the navigation even worse. The first route I planned took me on a 4-mile detour to get to the next street 300 metres away. It turned left, from my house, when a right turn would have taken one straight there.

Like others, my Origin b2 is positioned on the flat area tbetween dash and pillar. Laser detector just above the rear-view mirror and GPS antenna on the flat at the bottom of the windscreen.
Old 01-20-2008, 08:44 AM

[QUOTE=astage,Jan 20 2008, 03:23 PM]Like you, I tried the Pogo (the more advanced "Drive" model), but ended up returning it.

There was no way I could use the windscreen mount in the "S", there's no other mounting provided, and the cables make it difficult to position neatly.
Old 01-20-2008, 10:23 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a Pogo Drive,hard wired and using the window mount. Power cable runs along front of dash in slot twixt dash and windscreen. Then round the moulding and under the dash to the auxiliary fuse.

No problems with it possibly due to recent upgrade of software.
Old 01-20-2008, 10:38 AM
Administrator

Received 59 Likes on 50 Posts

I have the Pogo Alert, upgraded from the B2. It also came with a stick on dash mount and I use that rather than the windscreen one. It's been excellent so far.

It only has one connector.

I use tomtom on my mobile for sat nav, and prefer a separate camera unit, as I dont want tomtom on all the time