UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Wallace's S2000 Track/Race car build

Old 08-09-2021, 08:42 AM

Received 62 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by lovegroova
Thanks, lots to learn about these cars! I will be copying what's already been done for sure so plenty reading to do.

Originally Posted by martin j
I’ll pop up to the Hill if spectators are allowed back in then, and the monsoon has passed on.
I think spectators are allowed now so pop over when I'm letting the car/myself cool - hopefully not hiding from the rain!
Old 08-09-2021, 06:29 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I’ll pop up to the Hill if spectators are allowed back in then, and the monsoon has passed on.
Same - weather permitting
The following users liked this post:
WallaceS2K (08-10-2021)
Old 08-17-2021, 07:43 AM

Received 56 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by WallaceS2K
I think spectators are allowed now so pop over when I'm letting the car/myself cool - hopefully not hiding from the rain!
Originally Posted by h-u-t-c-h-i
Same - weather permitting
Looks like it might be dry tomorrow so I could be tempted our for a drive too, if you're all still thinking of heading over? Is the on-track action 6 til 8?
Old 08-18-2021, 12:42 AM

Received 250 Likes on 215 Posts

Event must be fully booked as there’s is no mention on Knockhill’s website, track action is usually 6-8pm.

Old 08-18-2021, 01:04 AM

Well I'll definitely be there and looks like I might not even need the new wipers I've fitted!

This track day is run by "tracktion" so not on knockhill's own site, it's on 5 to 8.

I've got the S2000 ready to go, new tyres (Nankang NS2R's) fresh engine oil (Fuchs Pro Race S w40) and OEM filter, brake fluid flush (Motul RBF 600) and most importantly... new indicator bulbs I hate the "fried egg" look of orange bulbs.

I've not tried the NS2R's before and not expecting them to be amazing but they should at least cope with some track work and they're cheap! Unfortunately you can't get them in the OEM rear size so I've had to go for a lower profile, hopefully it won't make too much difference other than knocking the speedo out and slightly lowering the gearing:

The fitment isn't exactly stanced with oem suspension and lower profile tyres though...

Obviously I got a good look at the suspension with the wheels off and generally it's not in too bad condition underneath (the overspray makes it look better too!), surface rust on the suspension components but hopefully this will all be sorted over winter:

After washing it though the exterior is almost spotless, the previous repairs look to have been pretty good so at least I can just concentrate on the mechanicals

With the new tyres fitted it feels much more planted on the road so I'm definitely looking forward to seeing how it goes on track tonight.
Old 08-18-2021, 01:42 AM

Received 250 Likes on 215 Posts

All being well I’ll pop up tonight, I’ll be the shifty looking old geezer.
Old 08-18-2021, 02:36 AM

Received 56 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by WallaceS2K
Well I'll definitely be there and looks like I might not even need the new wipers I've fitted!

This track day is run by "tracktion" so not on knockhill's own site, it's on 5 to 8.

I've got the S2000 ready to go, new tyres (Nankang NS2R's) fresh engine oil (Fuchs Pro Race S w40) and OEM filter, brake fluid flush (Motul RBF 600) and most importantly... new indicator bulbs I hate the "fried egg" look of orange bulbs.

Nice work :-) Totally agree about the indicators - I hate the fried eggs too!

And love the shoe - that really should become the new universal measurement for arch gap/drop lol!
Nice one! I'll probably aim to head up for just before 6 all being well - look out for the bald head, beard and glasses (probably describes a decent proportion of the attendees)!
Old 08-18-2021, 04:17 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Decent prep. Will be interesting to see what you think of the stock suspension when it’s getting hooned around. Brakes stock too?

Sounds like there’s a good chance I’ll be the youngest there!
Old 08-18-2021, 04:53 AM
UK Moderator

Received 301 Likes on 259 Posts

The rear shocks are not stock, in case you're not already aware.
Old 08-18-2021, 05:49 AM

Originally Posted by mysteryjedi

Nice one! I'll probably aim to head up for just before 6 all being well - look out for the bald head, beard and glasses (probably describes a decent proportion of the attendees)!
Good stuff, happy to have a blether when I'm not on track... and show of my only slightyly receded hairline

Originally Posted by h-u-t-c-h-i
Decent prep. Will be interesting to see what you think of the stock suspension when it’s getting hooned around. Brakes stock too?

Sounds like there’s a good chance I’ll be the youngest there!
It's completely stock other than the rear shocks as below (and non-oem CAT) ... but I think those are still meant to be OEM equivalent but without reservoirs? Pads are at least pretty much new so might cope for one night

Originally Posted by lovegroova
The rear shocks are not stock, in case you're not already aware.

Quick Reply: Wallace's S2000 Track/Race car build