UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

What Wheels to Buy in the UK?

Old 03-08-2012, 11:59 AM

Received 42 Likes on 38 Posts
Default What Wheels to Buy in the UK?

hello everyone

what wheels can you get in the uk? i have been looking through so many rota wheels and its really hard to get a set that actually fit well and are the correct size. hendy has been a top man and is being really helpfull but i just wanted to ask everyone on here what they run. is there any other brands other than rota. if you have any pictures of wheels you have sourced in the uk you will make me a very hppy man

thanks in advance

steve
Old 03-08-2012, 12:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've imported my last 2 sets of s2000 wheels from the USA as the choices and prices in the uk are horrible. (Rota and enkei brands)

I just picked up my 3rd s2000 on Tuesday and it's running black centred rota d1 wheels, and again I'll probably end up importing a set from the USA at some point in the near future.

Depending on whether you want to start doing arch work etc will either expand or limit your overall choice. I'm painting this s2000 so I'll be pulling the wings and arches before paint to allow a more aggressive wheel fitment
Old 03-08-2012, 12:37 PM

i want to push for as much as i can. i have actually ordered a set of 17x9 et42 wheels back in december but i still havent got them and now i am in need of some tyres so i am on the look for others. thats not to say i wont have them wheels, i my just buy some part worns and just wait for them wheels to turn up.

just thinking out aloud at the moment
Old 03-08-2012, 12:50 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Your best bet is to keep an eye out on drifworks or pistonheads for something as that's what I did. I wanted something other than Rota's so I was just patient and waited. There is a nice set of Work Emotion CR Kei in a 17x8.5 fitment on pistonheads at the moment but I forget what the offset is.

When you say you want to push it as much as you can with the wheels though what do you mean? There are guys in the US forums with much wider wheels with much lower offsets than you've quoted but it's definitely going to be to the detriment of the handling.

For the record I have 18x8+35 fronts and 18x9+38 rears. That's achievable but you need an arch roll and bumper tab relocate.
Old 03-08-2012, 12:54 PM

yea sorry i mean push it as much as i can without having to pull the arches. i dont mind having them rolled but i dont want to have them pulled.
Old 03-08-2012, 03:01 PM
MB

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

These new Enkei would be tom of my list.
Old 03-09-2012, 03:51 AM

Originally Posted by OLLIeCRX
I've imported my last 2 sets of s2000 wheels from the USA as the choices and prices in the uk are horrible. (Rota and enkei brands)

I just picked up my 3rd s2000 on Tuesday and it's running black centred rota d1 wheels, and again I'll probably end up importing a set from the USA at some point in the near future.

Depending on whether you want to start doing arch work etc will either expand or limit your overall choice. I'm painting this s2000 so I'll be pulling the wings and arches before paint to allow a more aggressive wheel fitment

I'm looking for a new set of wheels myself at the moment, this is a good option, which supplier did you use?
Old 03-09-2012, 04:35 AM

Originally Posted by white knight
Originally Posted by OLLIeCRX' timestamp='1331241083' post='21490846

I'm looking for a new set of wheels myself at the moment, this is a good option, which supplier did you use?
I'm also looking for some wheels.. I'm after some BBS LM or RS style but am having trouble finding any in the UK.. Any tried and trusted US suppliers would be really useful! The only ones I've found in the UK that are a set at F 8x18 and R 9x18 et45.. Any ideas on how these will sit? I'm looking for an aggressive stance, would a arch roll be required? Is this offset too low?
Old 03-09-2012, 04:40 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

As I said I have 18x8+35 fronts and 18x9+38 rears which is a lower offset than you're talking about. They will sit pretty flush and you will need an arch roll.

HTH
Old 03-09-2012, 05:19 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Funtimefrankie
I'm also looking for some wheels.. I'm after some BBS LM or RS style but am having trouble finding any in the UK.. Any tried and trusted US suppliers would be really useful! The only ones I've found in the UK that are a set at F 8x18 and R 9x18 et45.. Any ideas on how these will sit? I'm looking for an aggressive stance, would a arch roll be required? Is this offset too low?
Have you noticed these BBS LM's? If you lower your car you'll need arch roll and bumper tab relocation (at least rear).

Quick Reply: What Wheels to Buy in the UK?