UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Wideband sensor and Flashpro

Old 11-14-2011, 10:27 AM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Wideband sensor and Flashpro

question for Flashpro expirienced guys - what's your expirience with connecting "real" wideband sensor such as AEM/Innovate?

the manual says:

The wideband meter analog output is wired into an used ECU input. Available ECU inputs
- EGRL (EGR lift). Requires the use of an ECU pin and wire.
- ECT2 (Second water temperature sensor). The Second ECT sensor must be disabled and the factory pin must be removed from the ECU connector.
- ELD (Electrical Load). ELD must be disabled and the factory pin must be removed from the ECU connector.

but all this correct for US ECU.
and i know that EU ECU pinout is different.

so - pls share your thoughts and expirience
Old 11-14-2011, 01:47 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Iv got my AEM UEGO hooked up to my flashpro via the ELD pin...I tried using the ECT2 pin and it didnt work (this must be a difference between our EDM cars and the USDM cars).
Also another thing to be aware of is that because we sit on the otherside of the car to the ECU that the cable you run from the digital output from your wideband will probably experience a volt drop, so get it set up on flashpro and start logging and use the voltage offset function so that your factory o2 sensor and your aftermarket wideband read the same AFR at idle.
Also make sure you earth your wideband from the same point as your ECU.

Pinout diagrams here: http://htarchive.org/showpost.php?p=...06&postcount=4

And the original thread I started about this when I did it can be found here: https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/863...#entry20965152

That should be everything you need

Dan
Old 11-14-2011, 08:13 PM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

thx for that!!!
in that thread you say that ECT2 worked for you - so which one is it?

do you get better/faster readings with UEGO?

and last one - UEGO or Innovate?
Old 11-15-2011, 09:41 AM

Sorry, yeah its which ever I said worked in that thread (it's been a while since I did it).

Yeah, the readings are much more reliable, the readings tend to be between the AFR:corrected and AFR values from the stock sensor, which shows that the AFR corrected values read way leaner than what it actually is and the stock AFR value reads way richer... I guess maybe Hondata put a bit of a safety factor on the calculation they use to come up with the AFR:Corrected value so they don't get people frying valves and pistons by relying on it.

From what I have read the general consensus on both the performance of the Innovate and Uego seem around the same as each other. I certainly haven't had any problems with my Uego.

Dan
Old 11-15-2011, 10:11 AM
UK Moderator

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Dan1987
I tried using the ECT2 pin and it didnt work (this must be a difference between our EDM cars and the USDM cars).
You are correct, UKDM F20C DBW S2000s do not have a second coolant temperature sensor

Chris.
Old 04-14-2014, 04:01 AM

Originally Posted by chrisr111
Originally Posted by Dan1987' timestamp='1321310842' post='21155980
I tried using the ECT2 pin and it didnt work (this must be a difference between our EDM cars and the USDM cars).
You are correct, UKDM F20C DBW S2000s do not have a second coolant temperature sensor

Chris.
Bringing this up again, i have already used my ELD pin (for the traction control) and i was considering using the ECT2 pin, until i bumped into your post.
My car is European, my06, VSA. Even if the car doesnt have the ECT2 (actual sensor) it might have the pin in the ECU, free to be used in location E1 (according to Hondata). Do you think this is true? I mean, if i find a pin on E1 but nothing connected to it, should i assume it is for the ECT2 (which was not installed on EY cars?)