Upper Mid-West S2000 Owners Members from the upper mid-west including Michigan, Illinios, Indiana, and Wisconsin

TW: Anyone in the Chicago Area interested in a Flashpro Dealer Reflash? Visiting July 28-30th

Old 07-18-2014, 08:56 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default TW: Anyone in the Chicago Area interested in a Flashpro Dealer Reflash? Visiting July 28-30th

Hey UMW S2k Owners!

We'd like to introduce ourselves. We're a tuning shop in the San Francisco Bay Area, CA that has been providing dynotuning services, engine swaps, track prep and more for 12 years. Jei Chang, owner, tuner and a Hondata qualified dealer/tuner is visiting Chi-town on some tuning business during the week of the 28th. We'd like to get a feeler to see of anyone in the area would be interested in gathering up a group who'd be interested in a Hondata Flashpro Dealer Reflash. Or if you already own a FlashPro, we can further refine your tune.

The basics of Hondata Dealer Reflash:
  • No need to purchase tuning hardware. Purchase a license thru BlackTrax, then Jei will make an appointment to meet you and tune your car.
  • Our own Hondata Dealer Hardware is used to tune your car unless you own a FlashPro he can use to tune with.
  • Start by loading an already optimized basemap that we’ve created over the hundreds of S2k’s and thousands of dyno pulls. Comes with optimized fuel, timing,VTEC cross-over (lowered) as well as alter rev limit.
  • Go for a drive with the tuner, datalog and further refine the map for your particular setup/mods. Jei anticipates up to 1hr of tuning time per vehicle (depends on each setup).
  • This offer would be limited to NA cars only. This way we can keep complications to a minimum.
  • If you haven’t had your car tuned before, we will guarantee the car will make more power and have smoother response once he's finished with it.
  • We want to be sure you’re informed and there are no surprises. The downside to having us reflash your ECU is: At any point in time you would like to return the ECU back to stock, you would need to ship it back to us or Hondata to have this done. For more information on Hondata Dealer Relash Read Here

Cost:
$350 Hondata Dealer Reflash
$150 Flat rate for tuning services up to 1hr of tuning time
PayPal $500 (no fees) to blacktrax@blacktrax.net and we'll email you back with an appointment.

Dates/Times/Locations available:

July 28th / 7pm, 8pm, 9pm / Near Grant Park
July 29th /7pm, 8pm, 9pm / Near Grant Park
July 30th /7pm, 8pm, 9pm / Near Grant Park

We been in business for 12 years and hold a high reputation for tuning. We currently tune and support two S2k racecars in California for 2014. One piloted by Prima Racing’s Andrie Hartanto and also “Green Irene” TunerPlayground’s Tom Tang (you can find them participating in R&C and CA Bay Area boards). Also Jei himself owns an ‘07 LBP. Unrelated but to show we’re diverse in tuning various platforms, we also provide tuning support to Formula Drift driver, Matt Field in his LSx Supercharged/Nitrous fed S14.5 (the highlighter yellow 240sx).

It would be pretty cool to get a car meet going for this. Regardless of tuning, it would be great to chat with other fellow S2ki'ers from another region. Thanks!

Old 07-18-2014, 09:04 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks ScrapDog for allowing us the opportunity to participate!
Old 07-18-2014, 01:27 PM
S2KI Editor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can vouch for Jei at BlackTrax! Great shop and great guy!

We should definitely organize a meet so everyone can meet you and you can finally see my CR in person (Jei assisted with my very indepth pre-purchase inspection of my CR).
Old 07-20-2014, 04:58 PM

They are a great shop and been around for awhile. Do you guys feel like messing it's an 86 while you're out here? Lol
Old 07-21-2014, 08:05 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by des_si

We should definitely organize a meet so everyone can meet you and you can finally see my CR in person (Jei assisted with my very indepth pre-purchase inspection of my CR).
Thanks Des! Would be great to see your car in person. Is the black and red one going to arrive by then? Perhaps a meet should be in order!

Originally Posted by emissionsux
They are a great shop and been around for awhile. Do you guys feel like messing it's an 86 while you're out here? Lol
Hey emissionsux! Interesting!..what you have for tuning on that 86? Feel free to PM me the setup details
Old 07-21-2014, 04:13 PM
S2KI Editor

Originally Posted by BlackTrax
Originally Posted by des_si' timestamp='1405718833' post='23250016

Thanks Des! Would be great to see your car in person. Is the black and red one going to arrive by then? Perhaps a meet should be in order!
I sent you a FB message about setting up a meet!
Old 07-25-2014, 10:50 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Looking forward to meeting you folks! Feel free to ask me any tuning related questions at Monday night's dinner meet (see separate related thread by Des_si).
Old 07-26-2014, 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by BlackTrax
Originally Posted by des_si' timestamp='1405718833' post='23250016

Originally Posted by emissionsux
Hey emissionsux! Interesting!..what you have for tuning on that 86? Feel free to PM me the setup details
Not much, it is still in the process of deciding what motor to go with. No way Im doing a 20 valve. The three options that I am at right now are either to turbo the 16 valve, drop in a 3T-GTE, or put in an F20C. I remember reading how you ran an 86 with a chipped P28 running Honda sensors and distributor mounted on the cam gear. I have all the parts to run this setup, but not sure if it is worth it at this time.