Upper Mid-West S2000 Owners Members from the upper mid-west including Michigan, Illinios, Indiana, and Wisconsin

Why is the Michigan S crowd so Friggin boring!!??

Old 10-23-2003, 10:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by SR71BB
If you've seen a yellow S with Tire Rack and Hoosier decals around, that'd be me.
Old 10-23-2003, 11:12 AM

come to IL...

we have weekly meetings

Had 18 S's at one meet about 6 weeks ago.

Two of which were supercharged.
Old 10-23-2003, 12:19 PM

I think sometime next spring/summer we should have one massive upper-midwest meet
Old 10-23-2003, 01:09 PM

I like this idea. I think it should be in Chicago, probably north side. Not because I live here, but because there are more S's in this area than any other in the midwest. If the out of towners wanted, I'm sure we could get a group rate at a decent hotel. Maybe one of the local Honda dealers would have us for a day...
Old 10-23-2003, 01:10 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by pjonkheer
I like this idea.
Old 10-24-2003, 02:19 AM

Like the idea of a major Mid-west meet. We have the winter to figure something out. I can look into different dealers to see if anyone would host such an event.

Just to throw an idea out there....maybe have a cruise down to the Michigan or Indiana dunes for the day.

Let's see what we can come up with.
Old 10-24-2003, 05:50 AM

Do we need to start a new thread for this, or is it too early considering we have a good 6 or 7 months before we can have a meet...?
Old 10-24-2003, 05:55 AM

Probably a little early. I think we should just gather ideas for now and wait until after the new year to announce an "official" meeting.
Old 10-24-2003, 07:11 AM

I would be willing to organize it, or at least part of it. I organized the last large Cincinnati area meet and we got about 30 s2000's, 5 NSX's, 1 Lotus Seven, and a Ferrari 360 (if I remember correctly). I could get the info out, make calls to book meeting places, hotels, restaurants, etc., as well as getting the insurance and waivers. I wouldnt be able to handle everything since I live in cincinnati and would not know where to make a route or what a good meeting place in chicago would be (although it would be cool for 75 S2ks to go flyin through Hinsdale or a burb like that).

What kind of event would this be- s2k only? s2k/nsx? other?

It is never too early to start planning an event- I started planning last April's meet in November/December '02, and that wasn't as large and complex as this one may be. The only problem with starting this early is keeping everyone interested. I had over 50 cars listed as "committed" to the April run, but they committed so early that they forgot about it (darn Viper owners).

These are just suggestions, let me know what you think.
Old 10-24-2003, 07:41 AM

great! I honestly think a 2 or 3 day run starting in Petosky, Mi, going down the shoreline... and finishing in Chicago would be amazing! The only diffacult part... From Petosky to Chi-town... it is about a 6-7 hour drive. So for people coming from farther south... such as Cincinnati, Indi... etc... it'll be a hell of a drive just to get to the starting point. But the scenic views and perfectly paved winding roads would be more than worth it. There are a number of gorgeous Inns around the Petosky/Harbor Springs area... of which we could drive the 30 mile route out there a couple times the first day. Then stop in Saugatuk or Grand Haven for the same... then South Haven or St. Joseph... (South Haven has some beautiful points of interest, some nice Inns and some windy roads along the dunes... St Joe has the best dunes overall though...) or even Van Buren State park... and then lastly... meet at the pier in Chicago... I think that'd be one hell of a weekend!

Quick Reply: Why is the Michigan S crowd so Friggin boring!!??