Vancouver BC S2000 Owners Meet fellow owners in the Canadian province of British Columbia.

Anyone in Victoria, British Columbia

Old 01-18-2009, 09:36 AM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

good meeet guys

that large wing s2000 was me lol
Old 01-18-2009, 10:58 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ya that was us Wally. We got split up at the Goldstream intersection. There should have been 2 other cars with the wing'd car and me and Mike were a little bit ahead. You must have seen him as he was leaving the log house as he left early. Then he was alone.

We drove up Findlayson towards the Gorge. Drove the Gorge waterway up to View Royal. Through View Royal and onto Sooke road. Then down to the Lagoon and stopped for a while. Then up to Wishart to Cairndale and down Veterns Memorial to the log house. It was nice. Now that I think of it we should have headed out to Metchosin Cafe and back. That would have been a nice ride too or even the 17 mile house.

It was an excellent day for a drive I must say..., today doesn't look to shabby either. I may take a run over the Malahat and back later today.

Mike is arranging the next meet for end of Feb beginning of March. Stay tuned!
Old 01-18-2009, 11:02 AM

Hey Wally we want to come out and watch the Karting..., perhaps we can set something up. Some of us may head to Western next weekend to watch Rick do some autoX.
Old 01-18-2009, 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by alSpeed2k' date='Jan 18 2009, 01:11 AM
The Silverstone, or is it Sebring, with the folded front plate, how is it folded & mounted, any close ups?
That is Mike vis2k. Ya it is a sticker. Mike do you have a closeup of the sticker plate?
Old 01-18-2009, 11:50 AM

OK so Mike is setting up the next meet for end of Feb begining of March timeframe. Mike all that means is you pick the day and time and place where we meet. We can talk about what to do from there. Usually a small cruz and some pics somewhere.

There are two other guys that usually show up and two new guys yet to show up so if we can get all out for a spring/summer meet we should try for it. Perhaps more island owners will pop up. I will take this on and start working on a date and things to do. If any of you have any ideas then post them and we can discuss.

Perhaps some Vancouver people will come over , perhaps this could become the Tofino trip..., don't know. Anyone interested in helping out let me know as well. It is good to have a couple of people that know the island pretty good to go with anyone that comes over that doesn't.

For now I am going to throw out April as a possible month. How does that sound? Once we agree on a date I will post this out to the Vancouver BC Forum and possibly the PACNW Forum. I didn't want this to interfere or replace anything that the Vancouver people are planning for a Spring/Summer meet.
- Vancouver Island Spring Meet
Old 01-18-2009, 04:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Folks,

1. If you take off that box Honda gives you to mount your front plate directly to the bumper and drive fast enough, air pressure will form it to the contours of your bumper. That's what I did
If that doesn't work, get a sign shop to make a decal.

2. Looking forward to setting up the next cruise. Maybe it will incorporate a trip to Bamberton.

3. I suggest we delay Tofino until the summer. That way "the man" can't stop us from looking at bikinis like at the last cruise

4. Rick, thanks for taking the pictures

Mike
Old 01-18-2009, 05:32 PM
Community Organizer

Received 76 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by mavm86' date='Jan 18 2009, 09:21 AM
I didn't get any close ups, but it isn't a plate at all, it is a sticker! Apparently the cops haven't given him any trouble so far.
That's pretty original.
Old 01-18-2009, 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by DDonovan' date='Jan 17 2009, 03:21 PM
Great meet guys. Lunch was pretty good as well. What a nice day. Post those pics Rick.

undeRwhelmed where were you? It was nice and sunny!
Really sorry i couldn't make it out. I forgot that my wife had booked an appointment with our Realtor to go and look at some houses out here in Sooke. She reminded me late Friday night and we weren't done until about 1 pm. It was a perfect day for it too. Hopefully i can make it out to the next one, and hopefully my car will have a garage to rest in soon. It's taken a real beating being parked outside in east Sooke. There was moisture all over inside the car - the roof was totally soaked and there's moisture behind the speedo cluster and inside one of my headlights; not to mention all the pine needles, branches, lichen, and other assorted tree stuff on and in everything.

I gots lots of work to do to get both our cars cleaned up once we move

BTW i'm sure i saw the car with the license plate stickered on the front; i immediately thought i'd do the same thing. I'm actually still driving without any front plate. After never having to have one it's hard to get used to the sight of it on the S. Any suggestions of a decal shop to go to where i could get this done?
Old 01-18-2009, 07:23 PM

^ Not sure where you can get it done. Also not sure how legal it is either. Looks great though. I know the first day I got my Porsche I was pulled over by RCMP and given a ticket for not having a front LP. It wasn't a money ticket it was something where I had to prove within 2 weeks that I had put on the plate. I was then "in the books" so if I took it off I would be pulled over. That is what I was told.

I always though "no front plate" was reserved for those that were being offensive to the police when they are pulled over for something, mouthing off, that kind of thing. Well I had my kids in the back and was in a 30 doing 30. Anyway a whole other story.
Old 01-18-2009, 08:19 PM

I didn't have a front plate on my car for the first 6 months or so that I had it.

I was at a party at a friends house one night, and had a few drinks so my girlfriend (dd) drove us home, in my car. We got pulled over driving through downtown, for no reason other than I didn't have a front plate on my car. $80something ticket later, and we were on our way. Needless to say I was pretty pissed. No warning bullshit either, just "pay us money".

Quick Reply: Anyone in Victoria, British Columbia