Vancouver BC S2000 Owners Meet fellow owners in the Canadian province of British Columbia.

Anyone in Victoria, British Columbia

Old 01-18-2009, 08:41 PM
Community Organizer

Received 76 Likes on 60 Posts

A few years back I also didn't have a front plate on my previous car. During a Counter Attack (drinking and driving) check I did get a warning (no ticket though) that my front plate should be on at all time.
Old 01-18-2009, 10:52 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Too bad Rick, especially since you were "doing the right thing" in letting the GF drive. You'd think they would think 'here is a responsible person' but no. That is just the thing, it isn't consistant and with my luck I it would give them a reason to pull me over at the worst time - no wallet with license or something like that.

I would rather be part of the unseen. Just don't give them a reason.
Old 01-19-2009, 05:22 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

my car has never had a front plate no tickets

i've been through road blocks and even parked in front of cops sitting for coffee who came after i parked...after having a coffee for half an hour and about to leave, they did say that i didn't have my plate and i replied that i was getting a new front bumper and then i took off, lol
my next excuse will be that i just got my new bumper installed and there is no place to attach the front plate

this car is pretty low and a front plate is not the first thing to come to mind when looking at it.

personally i think they know my car and know that i drive normal

just roll down your window and smile!

you don't get what you deserve, you get what you negotiate
Old 01-19-2009, 08:04 PM

Well put!
Old 01-21-2009, 09:57 PM

Rick was that autoX this weekend and if so who wants to go and watch or participate? Lets get together and drive out. I will go if someone else does.
Old 01-22-2009, 08:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This weekend, Sunday.

If you want to participate, you need to be there between 9am and 10am to register and go through tech inspection. I will be there shortly before 9am to help setup the course.

If you are spectating you can come at any time, although we will probably be wrapped up by around 2PM.

This will be held at Western Speedway in Langford.
Old 01-22-2009, 01:05 PM

Anyone interested in going? Let me know I will meet up with you. Rick do you want to meet up at the loghouse pub say at 8:45?
Old 01-22-2009, 01:08 PM

How about at the Petro Canada on Millstream, just before the Loghouse (I'll need to check tire pressures there anyway)?
Old 01-22-2009, 05:07 PM

Sure..., anyone else?
Old 01-22-2009, 08:21 PM

Doh, i'd like to come out, but all my autocross stuff is still in storage. Plus i'd rather not try out Western Speedway for the first time with the cold wet weather we're supposed to get this weekend. I will surely be coming out once our helmets and stuff are out of storage.

I may come out to spectate for a bit depending on the weather of course, but if i do i'll be coming from the Sooke area.

Hopefully you enjoy it and get the urge to drive at the events Dave! If not, you'll have to go for a ride with someone. That'll surely make you want to drive the S2k out there! (I hope i'm not coming out of left field with that comment - i seem to recall Dave saying in some previous posts that he was thinking of doing an event but he was a bit worried about it)

Quick Reply: Anyone in Victoria, British Columbia