Carolinas A Better Place to Be

CRMC @ Carolina Motorsports Park - October 4th-5th

Old 02-03-2014, 02:42 PM

Received 95 Likes on 73 Posts
Default CRMC @ Carolina Motorsports Park - October 4th-5th

Registration is now open on MotorsortReg for the Carolina Regional Mustang Club 14th Annual Performance Driving School on October 4-5 at Carolina Motorsports Park in Kershaw, SC. This is a new date for us, shifting from an early summer event the first week in June that we had the last several years. The format is the same as in prior years with lots of quality track time supported by experienced classroom and in-car instruction.

The prices are the same as the last 3 or 4 years: $295 for the weekend with a special discounted rate of $200 for students with high school or college ID cards and for Active Duty Military with ID card. We try to limit entries to 75 folks in order to provide the highest quality training possible. Instructors participate at no cost as usual with track time, lunch and an event shirt as our token of your support and participation.

Go to this MSR link to register:
http://www.motorsportreg.com/index.c...9#.UvAeWiyYbIU

Please join us for the time of your life, not only improving your driving skills and gaining a better understanding of the capabilities of your car, but enjoying the camaraderie of your fellow drivers.

The school is open to all makes and models of vehicles.

To provide additional value to the weekend, we have partnered with Turn One at CMP for a lapping day on Friday, October 3, at a special rate of $150 for folks registered for the school and $100 for approved instructors. You can register for this on MSR in with your weekend registration. For those of you who can't participate on the weekend or your friends not registered, you can still register for Friday directly with Turn One/CMP at http://www.carolinamotorsportspark.com/turn1.html

We are looking forward to having you join us on October 4-5

Tom Hennig, Chairman, CRMC Motorsports Committee and Performance Driving School
Hope you guys can make it out! This is the best track deal out there! CMP doesn't require a rollbar either!
Old 02-03-2014, 04:13 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Very fun event, I went last year and enjoyed it ... great day to beat up on V8s

Hopefully ill get closer to these guys this year

Eric
Old 02-04-2014, 05:29 PM

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

This is by far the best deal you can find for a track weekend, and the staff that put this on are awesome. I had a great time last year at this event and will look forward to this one as well, thanks for the heads up.
Old 02-05-2014, 02:03 AM

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

I'll check my schedule and see if there's something else already on it but that's a fantastic deal.
Old 02-05-2014, 04:00 AM

Might be doing the Comp License School at VIR that weekend, we'll see.
Old 02-06-2014, 06:21 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

All signed up and looking forward to attending an event with people I actually know

Will be my first time on track at CMP and thoroughly afraid of the kink after our discussion at the last cars and coffee, but excited nonetheless.
Old 02-07-2014, 05:24 AM

Received 95 Likes on 73 Posts

Really glad you signed up for this Chris! Bring brakes!

We'll probably stay at either the Ecnolodge or the Ramada in Lugoff

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=34.19...131.31,,1,4.61
Old 02-07-2014, 05:25 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Damn Brett, good job, you beat me to it.

I guess we know who has more free time on their hands
Old 02-07-2014, 05:32 AM

Originally Posted by humbucker87
All signed up and looking forward to attending an event with people I actually know

Will be my first time on track at CMP and thoroughly afraid of the kink after our discussion at the last cars and coffee, but excited nonetheless.
Maintenance throttle to keep the car balanced and just drive through it. Start slower than you think and gradually build up speed. I had to avoid far track right in the kink because it upset the car too much with my worn out stock suspension, really looking forward to trying it again with v3's.
Old 02-07-2014, 06:00 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by InsaneSp
Originally Posted by humbucker87' timestamp='1391743270' post='23003203

Maintenance throttle to keep the car balanced and just drive through it. Start slower than you think and gradually build up speed. I had to avoid far track right in the kink because it upset the car too much with my worn out stock suspension, really looking forward to trying it again with v3's.
The kink itself is not really the issue with the S2000, the time I lost it was the fastest I ever went through the kink, it felt soo good, and then I was out of track and had to lift to start slowing down for turn 11 and experienced throttle lift oversteer at over 100 mph. slid sideways through the grass for what seemed like forever. Came to rest with the nose in the tire wall.

So I guess my advice is not to worry so much about the kink, but to worry about the distance between turn 10 and 11, because you have very limited space to bring it back to the right and brake for 11. If you hit just the tip of the kink apex, it doesn't upset an S2000, but if you are too far right and hit the curb solid, it feels real bad in an S2000. Other cars tend to have the full width of their right tires on top of the curb with no problem, not so with an S2000.

Quick Reply: CRMC @ Carolina Motorsports Park - October 4th-5th