Dinner and a Movie Discuss your favorite movies foods, restaurants and recipies.

True detective, season one only

Old 02-01-2017, 12:02 PM

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
Default True detective, season one only

I can't find a topic about this show from a few years ago, it's still on demand and recently I began re watching it. This is a character driven story about two cops, one is Harrilson and the other is McConahy, I did not spell either name correctly but you will know who they are when you see it. It's a story that takes place over a span of 20 years or so , lots of flashbacks, the search for a rural serial killer who commits ritualized murders. It's given to two state cops who have not worked long together, the acting and the dialogue have many great scenes and the series over something like 8 parts takes it's time...music is good too, adding to the dark mood of some of the story line. I was not much of a fan of either lead actor, until this, they just nail the parts.
This is a 10 out of 10 for me, engaging, dark, some cool action now and then and an ending that sort of pulls it all together, although you may have to watch it twice due how fast things seem to happen.

It seems that maybe I have written about this before, but here it is again?
Old 02-15-2017, 10:57 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I agree, fantastic show and season. I never got around to watching season 2 after it was panned. Also, season one had Alexandra Daddario in the newd... ahhh yeah!