Ark-La-Tex S2000 Owners Covering Arkansas, Louisiana, and East Texas

test drove a crz

Old 10-02-2010, 12:41 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default test drove a crz

remind me to update this when i hop in a 6-speed. this one was pathetic. it was an auto with paddle shifters and looked and rode pretty sweet but like a 350z auto, it was not impressive. handled very well though.
Old 10-02-2010, 01:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice! I'd def like to hear some thoughts regarding the 6 speed.
Old 10-02-2010, 02:23 PM

Id like to get my hands on a 6spd, put a k24 in it trash that hybrid shit, and have an econo parts hauler that hauls ass!
Old 10-02-2010, 03:37 PM

good idea, but I personally don't care whether its a hybrid, a trash burner, or if it uses a flux capacitor as long as it's fast (and I don't mean kinda fast). Same goes for me with the possible s2k successor.
Old 10-02-2010, 09:01 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This to me would be what Honda would replace the Civic SI with. If they even remotely try to place this car as the s2000 successor I will gladly be buying USED hondas. To much heritage is there for them to wash there hands of designing such wonderful cars. The CR-Z seems good for what it is. A hybrid car that brings to the market economy and sporty feel. It designed with being a hatch back gives it a nice sporty look. But that's it not a replacement to the s2000.
Old 10-02-2010, 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by icemans2k02,Oct 2 2010, 11:01 PM
This to me would be what Honda would replace the Civic SI with. If they even remotely try to place this car as the s2000 successor I will gladly be buying USED hondas. To much heritage is there for them to wash there hands of designing such wonderful cars. The CR-Z seems good for what it is. A hybrid car that brings to the market economy and sporty feel. It designed with being a hatch back gives it a nice sporty look. But that's it not a replacement to the s2000.
yeah....what he said
Old 10-02-2010, 09:12 PM

hey look bobby i actually quoted you instead of reporting you
Old 10-03-2010, 02:01 AM

Originally Posted by icemans2k02,Oct 2 2010, 09:01 PM
Bobby, I agree with you as well, even after my "who cares how it's fast, as long as it is fast" statement.

I really wish I could find a link to a really good read regarding the eventual, or at least possible death of the "gasoline only" engine. It's buried somewhere within the archives of the bespoke ventures blog but I've yet to find the exact post I'm thinking of.

I remember Ben Schaffer, or a guest blogger one, mentioning the movie Minority Report, and the wild looking Lexus that old Tom's character came rolling out of the assembly line in during the course of the movie. The thing seemed to be blistering fast in parts, but made very little noise at all, leading you to potentially believe it must be some sort of electric super car.

We're certainly not to that point yet, but I guess what I'm saying is that I'm open to new forms of speed, other than what we're traditionally used to..... And I don't think that crystal meth is the answer.

**** Bobby, I may be misunderstanding ya, but I by no means think that the CRZ is in any way a replacement for the S. I simply meant that i wouldn't mind the S being a hybrid of sorts as long as tha suckas fast! Just wanted to clear the air buddy!****
Old 10-03-2010, 05:16 AM

Originally Posted by icemans2k02,Oct 2 2010, 09:01 PM
hey hey hey, lets hold up here. The CRZ currently (maybe they bring a CRZ Si out in the future or something) is not a replacement for the Civic Si.... heck its not even a replacement for the base model Civic (0-60 of 8.5 seconds).

At first when i heard about it when it was a concept that is what i thought.... like a 2 seater 'econo' version of the Si.... now i havent driven one, so i realize i am making assumptions, but it is NOT a civic Si. I do agree though that it looks amazing. that and what marketing was SAYING (a sport hybrid) was what made me become infatuated with the car for awhile.

Straight line 0-60 is rated at 9.7 seconds in normal mode.... sport mode maybe like 9.5 seconds. To give you an example, a Toyota Prius is rated at 9.7........ soooo its a Prius with less seats/room and a sportier suspension. At first i thought Honda was going for a niche market... the sporty car lover (like Civic Si, VW GTI, etc) who wants the better gas mileage of a hybrid. But it looks like instead they went for a niche of a niche.... the people who really want to buy or already own a Prius or Insight, but would just really like a car with a bit better handling and would like to get a manual.

Also, lets not forget when Top Gear tracked a Prius and had a BMW M3 (if i remember right) just follow behind it. In the end the M3 got 19 mpg, and the Prius got 17 mpg. So, if you get a CRZ and try to drive it hard like a Civic Si, or S2000 then you may get even worse mpg than what you normally get with the Si or S2k
Old 10-03-2010, 10:06 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yea I def agree. I don't think the CRZ will be a replacement for the civic SI. Just stating that it would be closer to the civic then the s2000. I know what you meant Mason lol all of us are on the defense here.

The top gear episode brought up a good point but you have to remember they weren't driving the M3 hard sir. They were just pacing the prius. All that proved was the M3 was faster lol

Quick Reply: test drove a crz