California - Southern California S2000 Owners Southern California S2000 Owners

Any Ebay Seller Here?

Old 03-22-2007, 12:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by S2000Patrick' date='Mar 22 2007, 11:59 AM
I think it would depend on wether or not he is a big seller/buyer on eBay. If he is, I think the time you gave him is fair, he should get the message and respond by then. If in fact he was only selling the one item and may not get the message right away then you have to decide if he is avoiding you intentionally or just needs a little more time to resolve it. Good luck.
No, he's not a power-seller, only 31 feedbacks so far. He does sell/buy items and has been a member since April 2002.

He does own his own Video/Post/Event production company.

Most likely, it's a mis-advertisement on his part, but I ended up not getting what was advertised. I don't think he has another camera bag, meaning no Tamrac 5502. I'm thinking this is a one-off kind of thing.

Since, it's the seller's fault, should he cover all shipping costs in the event I had to ship the item back to him?

Thanks!
Old 03-22-2007, 03:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Steven2k' date='Mar 15 2007, 11:15 PM
yes, and its sad that it doesn't happen. but unfortunately, thats the way sellers protect themselves from stupid people.

example:
i once sold a USED cellphone on ebay. under description, it clearly stated, "USED". i explained to the buyers, the phone is USED. this idiot buys the phone using the "buy it now" feature at the last second (literally). i received the payment the same day, so i left him a positive feedback. few days later i check my feedback and i have a negative feedback on my user id. it was left by the guy who bought the phone. he wrote that i sold him a used phone that LOOKED new. so i emailed him and asked why he left me a negative feedback. he thought the phone i was selling was new. even though it cleared stated under condition that the phone was used and under the description of the phone i used the word, "used" like four times, this idiot just bought the phone thinking it was a new phone.

so at the end, i was left with a negative feedback because the idiot buying the phone didn't care to read the description. he could've just emailed me prior to leaving the feedback, but hey, what can you expect from stupid people?

ever since this experience, i NEVER leave a feedback until i get one from the buyer. but when i get my positive feedback, i always leave one for my buyer.

Same thing happend to me. I listed a Tamiya plastic model R34, in the description it stated that it was PLASTIC NOT RC in caps and in title. Then she stated her kid use her account to bid and she didnt know it was a plastic model and not RC which I stated in CAPS on the title and description. I was really piss so I left her a negative and got one in return. I told ebay about it because it wasnt my fault she bid without reading. Of course ebay doesnt care about you so they did nothing.

Ebay