California - Southern California S2000 Owners Southern California S2000 Owners

Good Audio/Electronics Shop

Old 03-03-2013, 10:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Good Audio/Electronics Shop

Hi Guys

I know I asked about a mechanic and thanks again for all your replies I think I am going to check out Ballade and look for Alex soon.

Another thing I wanted to work on was the audio and maybe alarm system and so I wanted to ask for recommendations.

Work to be done: remove current HU and fix whatever wiring, install Modifry DCI with new HU and new speakers. will probably keep tweeters stock for now unless its highly recommended to do otherwise haha

TIA

Niko
Old 03-03-2013, 01:23 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't know about the modifry but for the headunit you could definitely do it yourself in about 5 minutes or maybe 10 if you haven't installed the wiring harness before. All you really have to do is pull the radio door off and undo I believe 2-4 screws (I forget)? and the headunit comes out with the frame and you undo another 2-4 screws to get the headunit out of the frame and you just swap the new one in. Basically it's very easy and will save you some money for other things.
Old 03-03-2013, 03:46 PM

Confused how you replace the speakers but leave the tweeters stock...?

Most component speakers come with...uh...both components.
And since that's the part of your system that makes the sound, I'd HIGHLY recommend you change the tweeters as well as the woofers. IIRC stock tweeters are paper pieces of crap.

If you do buy new speakers, make sure they're shallow enough to fit in the doors.
Do some research on S2ki and find some good ones to use so you don't get stuck with deep-set magnets that don't fit. I went with MBQuarts but some people find them too bright -- I think the extra treble is good for top-down highway driving, but they also require an amp (as most quality speakers will).

As for a recommendation, Art (NSXNEXT1) is a genius with this stuff including alarm installs.
If he's available to help you out, it's worth whatever he asks for compensation.

Hope that helps...g'luck.
Old 05-04-2013, 11:35 PM

bringing thread back from dead sorrrrrry. i actually did a search and found lots of recommendations for ART (nsxnext1)..soo i went to his page and noticed that he hasnt logged in since january 2013 and PM's don't seem to go through.

so i gotta ask is there anyone else that can work their magic with s2000 audio? im looking for HU, amp, modifry, and sub install. thanks!
Old 05-05-2013, 12:33 AM

Originally Posted by silverst0ner
bringing thread back from dead sorrrrrry. i actually did a search and found lots of recommendations for ART (nsxnext1)..soo i went to his page and noticed that he hasnt logged in since january 2013 and PM's don't seem to go through.

so i gotta ask is there anyone else that can work their magic with s2000 audio? im looking for HU, amp, modifry, and sub install. thanks!
I've already done my HU, it's very simple and I'm pretty sure you could do it yourself. Just got the modifry in this week so I'm going to try installing that this coming weekend, also doesn't look too difficult.

Now as for speakers, it's on my list, but I'm a bit wary to take my door panels off and I've also heard it's quite tricky to get the right ones to fit. I talked with akumaninja a few months ago and she told me there was someone here in LA who has a lot of xp with s2k speaker installs and that's where she got hers done after running into the same issue with trying to fit aftermarket speakers in the standard mounts.
Old 06-17-2013, 07:18 AM

Originally Posted by loaferz
Originally Posted by silverst0ner' timestamp='1367739356' post='22520150

I've already done my HU, it's very simple and I'm pretty sure you could do it yourself. Just got the modifry in this week so I'm going to try installing that this coming weekend, also doesn't look too difficult.

Now as for speakers, it's on my list, but I'm a bit wary to take my door panels off and I've also heard it's quite tricky to get the right ones to fit. I talked with akumaninja a few months ago and she told me there was someone here in LA who has a lot of xp with s2k speaker installs and that's where she got hers done after running into the same issue with trying to fit aftermarket speakers in the standard mounts.
Do ya think you could share the name of that shop? I work in LA now so this might be an option! TIA
Old 06-17-2013, 09:46 AM

s2000 front speakers are very easy to swap.

I was worried about the door panels too because they were a pain in the ass with the RSX, but the s2000 door panels are wait too simple to take off and put back on. no issues what so ever.

i did have to trim some of my stock speaker brackets for the new ones to fit
Old 06-18-2013, 08:42 AM
Banned

Al and Ed's in Pasadena talk to Vince
Old 06-18-2013, 09:12 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Old 06-19-2013, 11:34 AM

if u like DIY & live around montebello/south el monte area drop by & i might able to help.
I made the (2) 8"sub that fit the hole the trunk (emergency road kit still fit in there) added 3 1/2" speakers to the AP1 headrest,
changed door speakers (keep oem tweeters btw), pioneer H/U, an amp, a capacitor, amp wire kit
and it sounds much better than stock, also diy viper 5092 installation too, don't worry no charge