Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

Why are S2K owners so fasinated with the 350Z?

Old 12-10-2002, 06:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by xviper
[B]
Old 12-10-2002, 06:14 AM

Originally posted by 4IGS2000
I actually love the 350Z, should we start with the VR6 now instead of the 350Z
You can try...
Old 12-10-2002, 07:43 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Let
Old 12-10-2002, 08:30 AM

I am aware that this is the Car Talk Forum. That is why I posted a question about a car other than the S2K here...

Do you think the threads about the Z only pop up here? I have seen numerous threads in the Street Encounters Forums and I am sure others exist elsewhere.

I really feel like I am going over the same points over and over again...

My question is why do S2K owners feel the need to bash the Z? Are they really that insecure about their car (or something else)? Both are amazing machines. I just don't understand why this goes on...
Old 12-10-2002, 09:47 AM

I honestly think that most of the people on this forum do not bash the Z. Their is def. some competition between the two, and their is random Nissan Sucks/350Z Sucks comments, but for the most part people here are CAR LOVERS first and S2K lovers Second. What I mean by that is, if someone said, Hey Want to trade your stook for a 360 Modena? 9.9/10 would say yes. As such, the 350Z is a brand new car that can compete on all levels with the S2000, Boxter S, Z3-Z4, Audi TT, etc., while having a new look and driving style. I'm sure when the new Supra comes out their is going to be a simliar situation.
Old 12-10-2002, 10:14 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Insecure
Look the 350Z is the only car in recent years that has been able to give the S2000 a legitimate run. Though it is still no convertible We like the fact that there is some competition.

We could say the same about you guys...being all up in arms about the new Neon smoking you guys from a roll and a stop
Old 12-10-2002, 10:18 AM

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally posted by I am Jack's VR6
My question is why do S2K owners feel the need to bash the Z? Are they really that insecure about their car (or something else)? Both are amazing machines. I just don't understand why this goes on...
The same can be asked about your question. We could easily start another thread, "What's with the fascination with the fascination with S2K owners feeling the need to bash the Z?"
But to answer your question (sort of). IT'S A CAR FORUM! That's what can happen in any car specific internet forum. The Viper guys bash Covette guys. The Corvette guys bash the Viper guys. The Mustang guys bash the Firebird/Camaro guys & vica versa. The Z guys bash the S guys. Go to the BMW forum. Who do they bash? Who do the guys on the VW forum bash? (and don't tell me nobody). And the Toyota guys. I bet they hate everyone (j/k).
Why does any of this surprise you? Why do you even need an answer? It's a game! It's brand loyalty! It's the internet! With the exception of the internet, this kind of stuff has been around since the dawn of the automobile. The internet only makes it more accessable. It's just your typical "jockying for position", "rivalry" (sometimes in a healthy way, sometimes not). You didn't just crawl out of the evolutionary goo, did you?
Old 12-10-2002, 10:20 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by LA-Z
[B]What I mean by that is, if someone said, Hey Want to trade your stook for a 360 Modena?
Old 12-10-2002, 11:28 AM

I've always wondered about it too, only because I admit I am pretty fascinated with the car. For me, my buddy, who loves to compete with me, had the Z on order and was trash talking for months. I mean, here's a car, spawned much from the S2k's philosophy of no frills, affordable, yet serious sports car. It also needs to live up to the Z history of racing with the best.

In sports car terms, it appears to be a direct competitor, but with a fixed roof, and a horribly large motor that strikes fear into the little ole overacheiving 2 liters. But, it's not, because the folding roof and our 9k redline is unique, and can't be touched.
Old 12-10-2002, 11:54 AM

Jack's VR6,

I would have worded the question differently:

"Why do so many S2000 owners appear to feel threatened by the entrance of the 350Z to the marketplace, such that they bash it whenever they can, or at the very least, get into silly debates based on car mag review numbers?"

I've noted the new ones in town, and they don't do much for me. (Great performance, but questionable styling.)

However, it's not just the facination of the new car that begs the question, it's the apparent need to defend our cars that strikes me as comical. Anyone who hasn't seen that trend on s2ki.com, hasn't been reading very closely for the past couple of months. If someone surfs this site and walks away feeling "S2000 = insecure owner," I wouldn't be surprised.

Tim

Quick Reply: Why are S2K owners so fasinated with the 350Z?