Carolinas A Better Place to Be

VIR Charity Laps April 1st

Old 04-02-2011, 11:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was up there too, I had the... oh wait nvm just look at my avatar to see what my car looks like.
If you guys think that was fun i encourage anyone who can afford taking your car (with a rollbar and helmate) out on the track with a club (Mazda club or Cobra club) to really learn how to drive and find the lines.

I do have to admit it was really fun out there tho just because of how relax it was and I didnt have to have a helmate on and my friend could be in the car with me.

I dont know how fast anyone else went but my friend encouraged me to hold it down the straight so I held a solid 75 through Hog Pin (the turn before the straight) and went 120 past the flagger

the flagger really didnt care

I dont really know everyone since im kinda new to this forum, or at least new in terms of being active in it, but I hope to go to some more events and really meet everyone.

Unfortunately i was in Run Group 2 so i didnt get to run with you guys, but i still had fun!!
Old 04-03-2011, 08:15 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by nateman101
I dont know how fast anyone else went but my friend encouraged me to hold it down the straight so I held a solid 75 through Hog Pin (the turn before the straight) and went 120 past the flagger

the flagger really didnt care

Glad you had fun. I saw your car on the grid & @ the track, but they were sending the groups out so fast that I could not stop & talk to you. Maybe next time or if you make a monthly Raleigh meet (first saturday of every month in Brier Creek).
Old 04-04-2011, 06:37 PM

Glad you had fun. I saw your car on the grid & @ the track, but they were sending the groups out so fast that I could not stop & talk to you. Maybe next time or if you make a monthly Raleigh meet (first saturday of every month in Brier Creek).
[/quote]

I went to a monthly meet in January when it was snowing it was fun (would have been nice if it were warmer lol) i have been meaning to go but have been busy the first Saturday of each month so far, I'll probably make it out to the next one and a bunch this summer...
cant wait!
Old 04-05-2011, 05:05 PM

Howdy All,
I'm so terrible at keeping time, but at least the memories stick with me. Met some great people, Pedro and Brett along with the others I met up at VIR, saw some amazing cars and had a positively thrilling ride on the track and after Cars and Coffee. Thank you so much Pedro!

Plenty of strings to S2000s and they were pulling Someday I'll be back in one! Sadly I'm putting weight into having a car with a back seat... possibly a Hyundai Genesis... we shall see.

Again, thank each of you for extending smiles, good conversations, a few exciting rides and being pure enthusiasts!

I wish each of you great days and happy trails! Until the next time we meet up. Safe travels to all!

Thanks again,
Drew
Old 04-05-2011, 05:14 PM

Received 45 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by dpalmer82
Howdy All,
I'm so terrible at keeping time, but at least the memories stick with me. Met some great people, Pedro and Brett along with the others I met up at VIR, saw some amazing cars and had a positively thrilling ride on the track and after Cars and Coffee. Thank you so much Pedro!

Plenty of strings to S2000s and they were pulling Someday I'll be back in one! Sadly I'm putting weight into having a car with a back seat... possibly a Hyundai Genesis... we shall see.

Again, thank each of you for extending smiles, good conversations, a few exciting rides and being pure enthusiasts!

I wish each of you great days and happy trails! Until the next time we meet up. Safe travels to all!

Thanks again,
Drew

Keep in touch Drew. We have a connection.
Old 04-06-2011, 04:06 AM

Received 95 Likes on 73 Posts

Glad you had a good time, my friend. Wish you were coming to WTD...the gf now has adamantly refused to ride with me there and I am in need of a co-pilot

If I may suggest, have you considered an Evo or STi if you are in need of a 4 door?
Old 04-06-2011, 04:25 AM

Howdy All,

Thanks again,
Drew
Hey Drew,

It was a pleasure to meet you. You are welcome to ride shotgun anytime. The Genesis is one nice looking 2+2. I wish they made a convertible one, which at the rate they are selling them might happen soon ... who knows. IMO, the best looking affordable coupe available.

Stay in touch,
Pedro
Old 04-06-2011, 04:30 AM

Originally Posted by RedCelica
Originally Posted by dpalmer82' timestamp='1302051924' post='20433643

Glad you had a good time, my friend. Wish you were coming to WTD...the gf now has adamantly refused to ride with me there and I am in need of a co-pilot

If I may suggest, have you considered an Evo or STi if you are in need of a 4 door?

Evo, STi?