Gateway S2000 Owners Members for St. Louis MO and area.

Power Window Regulator

Old 01-28-2013, 09:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power Window Regulator

Driving home in my AP2 this morning and decided to get some fresh air and roll my window down in this gorgeous 60 degree weather. Arriving at my destination and as I roll my window up I hear another "click". No big deal as its done this quite a few times before, letting me know "hey, im getting old, but I still work!" So I think nothing of it.
Walking out of my house and as I get into my car, it wasnt until I actually shut the door and notice that my window had conveniently relocated itself inside the door.

Honda wants $583 for parts and labor (joke of the day). So I might have to bite the bullet and purchase the part myself from Honda and attempt to put it in. Does anyone have experience with this and if so do you have any free time on your hands? I figured since I bought my 06' brand new and have already put 173,xxx miles on it and the only thing I have replaced is a clutch boot to the tune of $92, I am doing quite well. Anyones advice will help, thanks!

P.S. My license plate light is not working even after replacing the bulb twice so if anyone has advice on this as well, it would be helpful
Old 01-28-2013, 02:18 PM
Community Organizer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ro0tbeer
Driving home in my AP2 this morning and decided to get some fresh air and roll my window down in this gorgeous 60 degree weather. Arriving at my destination and as I roll my window up I hear another "click". No big deal as its done this quite a few times before, letting me know "hey, im getting old, but I still work!" So I think nothing of it.
Walking out of my house and as I get into my car, it wasnt until I actually shut the door and notice that my window had conveniently relocated itself inside the door.

Honda wants $583 for parts and labor (joke of the day). So I might have to bite the bullet and purchase the part myself from Honda and attempt to put it in. Does anyone have experience with this and if so do you have any free time on your hands? I figured since I bought my 06' brand new and have already put 173,xxx miles on it and the only thing I have replaced is a clutch boot to the tune of $92, I am doing quite well. Anyones advice will help, thanks!

P.S. My license plate light is not working even after replacing the bulb twice so if anyone has advice on this as well, it would be helpful
The regualtor assembly is not cheap. Best I was able to find was $323. Based on your desciption it does sound like it's the regulator thats having the issue. Looking at the service manual, the Install/Replace does not look that complicated. Honda would charge 1.5 hours so that would come out close to the price you were quoted. I can probably give you the instructions if you want to give it a go.
Old 01-28-2013, 05:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will check my shop manual when I get home at the end of the week. Shouldn't be too hard to do.