Hawaii S2000 Owners S2000 Owners in Paradise Hawaii Owners

New Hawaii member soon...

Old 12-09-2003, 09:00 AM
Former Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Hawaii member soon...

Hey guys, My name's Chris and I've been on this site for a couple years now. I'm in the US Coast Guard and I just got orders to Barber's Point. I'm very very excited about coming out there but I honestly have no idea what to expect. I know it's a different world out there then where I'm at now. Cars are a huge part of my life too and I have a ton of connections out here. Besides my S2000, I have an '88 CRX DX that currently has a stockish B16 in it but I have most of the parts for it on a bench in my garage. I'm building an LS/VTEC turbo. It's a fairly new project for me and I'm gonna be moving out there before I get the car completed. How is the scene for cars like that and are there any reputable shops out there. I should have most of the parts here and possibly the engine completed by the time I move. I think I might take the engine out of the car and just bring the engine, since the car will be hard to get the Coast Guard to ship. Basically I guess I'd just like any info I can get and I wanted to say hey....I guess I'll be looking forward to meeting some of you soon.
Old 12-09-2003, 01:14 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome
What is your ETA?

As far as shops go check out Hypersports, WMR, and Eurosport. I sometimes shop at those shops. I am a hardcore JDM parts enthusiast as everyone knows. I go for the rare, very hard to get parts for the S2000. That being said I shop at Boom Plus Toys (Canada) and AJ Racing (Canada). Bozz Performance out of California hooked me up with my rollcage. Let me know once you get here and we can round up some of the guys. I am however sad to say will be leaving in May to San Fransisco.

Happy Holidays..
Old 12-09-2003, 10:13 PM
Former Moderator

ahh man....I get there in May. that sucks...oh well, Thanks form the heads up on shops. My CRX is going to have a lot of work to get done once I get out there. Are any of those shops good with tuning something like a TECll or a Hondata on a dyno do you know?
Old 12-10-2003, 08:09 PM

howz'it im joey sound's to me as if you are a drag racer and yes a descent shop to check into would be speedgear they have a his name is gavin he build's most of the fastest honda's here as is very well known in our drag racin g community his last car was a 9 second crx one of the fastest around ourpart's i myself love's to track my also i have quit a few freind's that also race & build our car's so when you get here we could introduce you around if you would like to check us out no car show's for us just speedddd mahalo joey.Oh yeh you may take a breath now.
Old 12-11-2003, 12:37 AM

<--- pours a bottle of Visine in each eye.

Old 12-11-2003, 04:07 PM
Former Moderator

[QUOTE]Originally posted by joeyriveira
howz'it im joey sound's to me as if you are a drag racer and yes a descent shop to check into would be speedgear they have a his name is gavin he build's most of the fastest honda's here as is very well known in our drag racin g community his last car was a 9 second crx one of the fastest around ourpart's i myself love's to track my also i have quit a few freind's that also race & build our car's