Introductions Make your introductions to the S2000 owner community. Discussions and comments from new and future S2000 owners. You will get a warm welcome, friendly and helpful advice. The 'Start Button' of the forums.

Introduce yourself here! Part II

Old 05-23-2017, 07:27 AM
Administrator

Received 166 Likes on 135 Posts

Welcome, everyone!

Here you go, Simon:

Originally Posted by Saki GT
• As a new guest on the forums, you will have a short time probation period with limited use of the system's features. Private messages (PMs) and profile access are disabled for two weeks to discourage spammers. If you sign up as a member, there is no time restriction.
That's from the Introductions FAQs.
Old 05-23-2017, 02:55 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Hello from Texas

Hello all, I'm new to the S2K community. I Recently purchased a darn near mint 2003 AP1 in the Suzuka blue combination with 60k on it. I couldn't be more pleased.

As i am sure much if you do, I remember falling in love with this car the year it came out. It wasn't until recently that I had the means to fly from Fort Hood TX to Flowery Branch GA (scoured the country to find just the right on) to by my baby. It was a great drive back home too.

Anyway, just wanted to say hello and if there is anyone in the Fort Hood I would love to meet other S2K owners.

Last edited by Frankie_Knuckles; 05-23-2017 at 02:58 PM.
Old 05-26-2017, 11:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for advice from people who love their ride

Hey all,

I haven't bought an S2K yet but my intrest in this car is huge. I've looked at many cars and been told that I would suit a muscle car. However, I love this car for its ride. I've never drivin but been in one of these and been in love since. I'm only 20 and this would be my first car that I've bought with my own money and in all honesty it's my dream to have one of these. I need advice on wheather this car is a good investment and will last me a while and wheather I should get an AP1 or AP2. As a student my budget is somewhat limited but for an S2K I'm willing to live broke.
Thanks!
Old 05-26-2017, 12:39 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by pokefreakmew
Hey all,

I haven't bought an S2K yet but my intrest in this car is huge. I've looked at many cars and been told that I would suit a muscle car. However, I love this car for its ride. I've never drivin but been in one of these and been in love since. I'm only 20 and this would be my first car that I've bought with my own money and in all honesty it's my dream to have one of these. I need advice on wheather this car is a good investment and will last me a while and wheather I should get an AP1 or AP2. As a student my budget is somewhat limited but for an S2K I'm willing to live broke.
Thanks!
The s2000 is an absolutely great car, but as for reliability it depends on where you live I think. I live in New Jersey and I'm 19, I've had my car for almost a year. It was also the first car I bought with my own money. It's obviously not too reliable when there's snow on the road because it just does not agree. I use it as my daily so it's a struggle sometimes but to be honest with you I think it's worth it. I spend about $168 every two weeks on gas because of my work commute and I use 93 octane gas. I got lucky and I found mine after not too long of looking and bought it for $4500. It needed some work and I managed to be able to get it done with extra money I saved but if the drive of a lifetime is what you're looking for all the time then I believe that you should search until you find one right for you.
Old 05-26-2017, 01:26 PM

Question

Originally Posted by calebs2k
The s2000 is an absolutely great car, but as for reliability it depends on where you live I think. I live in New Jersey and I'm 19, I've had my car for almost a year. It was also the first car I bought with my own money. It's obviously not too reliable when there's snow on the road because it just does not agree. I use it as my daily so it's a struggle sometimes but to be honest with you I think it's worth it. I spend about $168 every two weeks on gas because of my work commute and I use 93 octane gas. I got lucky and I found mine after not too long of looking and bought it for $4500. It needed some work and I managed to be able to get it done with extra money I saved but if the drive of a lifetime is what you're looking for all the time then I believe that you should search until you find one right for you.
It sounds promising so far and I want one extremely bad. You said you got yours for only $4500 which is crazy since all the s2000's in my area don't sell for less than $20000 unless they are rebuilt in which case they don't sell for less than $16000. Where would you suggest I go travel o get one as I don't mind going cross country (I live in BC Canada). Thanks for your help and also is it worth getting a model 2004 and above since that's when the car got a major(ish) rework?
Thanks
Old 05-26-2017, 01:49 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by pokefreakmew
It sounds promising so far and I want one extremely bad. You said you got yours for only $4500 which is crazy since all the s2000's in my area don't sell for less than $20000 unless they are rebuilt in which case they don't sell for less than $16000. Where would you suggest I go travel o get one as I don't mind going cross country (I live in BC Canada). Thanks for your help and also is it worth getting a model 2004 and above since that's when the car got a major(ish) rework?
Thanks
Like I said it all depends on what you're into, I prefer the Ap1 performance wise but ap2 apprence wise. So I have an ap1 with an ap2 rear bumper. Having a 9,000 rpm rev limit still blows me away. Also since you live in Canada I'm assuming you probably get a lot of snow so I think it would be smart to have a back up vehicle for the days with extra snow. That's just my opinion from my area though, it might be different where you are. In my area I found a couple I believe for below $10,000. I was about to buy one for $7,000 with I think about 150,000 miles on it. Then I found the one I bought posted for $6,000 with a salvage title for unknown mileage and negotiated it down to $4500. It needed seats, a clutch, and a new top but it was worth it. I also did all the work that needed to be done myself so that saved me a lot of money.
Old 06-06-2017, 06:56 PM

Default Hello - New Member Here and Future S2K Owner

Hi All,

I am new to this forum and looking to purchase an S2000. I have always been fond of the vehicles. A business associate I knew in 2007 had one and loved it. I was not able to get a ride though.
My goal is to do some research here and figure out which model to purchase. I am in no hurry, just want to learn all I can. My next step is to go to a dealer that has some and test drive one. Nearest source is about 100 miles away so it will be a Saturday drive.

I currently have a 1974 Alfa Romeo Spider that I completely restored. It took me the better part of 4 years start to finish. It is fun to drive, has lots of character and charm but is not at the same level as the S2000. So part of my decision will be either one in great condition ready to go or possibly one that needs some work.

Hope to learn from the folks here on the forum and will accept any advice at all.

Gary
Old 06-08-2017, 02:52 PM

Hello everyone,

Long time lurker but finally decided to make an account for myself to potentially begin making myself an owner of an S2000. Currently drive a turbocharged subaru brz so I was moreso looking into going directly into a turbocharged s2000 as it'll be relatively a smooth transfer (except for the extra 1500 rpm's of rev time). Looking forward to learning a lot from the forums and from you guys!

-Elliott

Old 06-08-2017, 04:25 PM
Community Organizer

Received 154 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by Luscombe
Hi All,

I am new to this forum and looking to purchase an S2000. I have always been fond of the vehicles. A business associate I knew in 2007 had one and loved it. I was not able to get a ride though.
My goal is to do some research here and figure out which model to purchase. I am in no hurry, just want to learn all I can. My next step is to go to a dealer that has some and test drive one. Nearest source is about 100 miles away so it will be a Saturday drive.

I currently have a 1974 Alfa Romeo Spider that I completely restored. It took me the better part of 4 years start to finish. It is fun to drive, has lots of character and charm but is not at the same level as the S2000. So part of my decision will be either one in great condition ready to go or possibly one that needs some work.

Hope to learn from the folks here on the forum and will accept any advice at all.

Gary
I would buy something in good condition but not at the high end of the scale if you are not 100% the garage queen type of person. Get your feel and move up or move away from the S2000, just kidding because there is nothing like it. It all depends on what you want from the car, both versions or in reality all 10 versions are slightly different. Biggest difference was the AP1 to AP2 change, I love both(or all 10). Good luck.
Old 06-11-2017, 03:45 PM

Default '01 GPW Type V

Attachment 71632Hey guys, I've done lots of reading on these threads the past year or so, and decided to join since I finally bought myself an S! It's an '01 GPW Type V, straight from Japan Currently sitting at a Japanese port waiting to be shipped overseas to me.. Can't wait to get it here and try it out!
Attached Thumbnails Introduce yourself here! Part II-img_0072.jpg   Introduce yourself here! Part II-img_0095.jpg   Introduce yourself here! Part II-img_0093.jpg  

Quick Reply: Introduce yourself here! Part II