JDM Tuning Expert advice and discussion on JDM tuning for your S2000.

Spoon fender authenticity?

Old 08-10-2012, 11:11 AM

Received 95 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by penguinsintuxedos!?
I purchased them from gotuning then sold them to Jon. So if these are indeed replicas, I will be upset as well. The only reason I didnt keep them was because I decided to part out my car before I ever got it running again.
Old 08-10-2012, 12:03 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi guys,

Here is a link to my S2000 build.

https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/550...8%86%E2%98%85/

I don't think those fenders are Spoon. To be honest Spoon doesn't have that weave on the inside of the fenders. Yes they do come black on the inside and white on the outside with pre drilled holes. Spoon doesn't spray paint spoon sports inside the fenders either.
Old 08-10-2012, 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by AlexS2200
Hi guys,

Here is a link to my S2000 build.

https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/550...8%86%E2%98%85/

I don't think those fenders are Spoon. To be honest Spoon doesn't have that weave on the inside of the fenders. Yes they do come black on the inside and white on the outside with pre drilled holes. Spoon doesn't spray paint spoon sports inside the fenders either.

I purchased them from gotuning then sold them to Jon. So if these are indeed replicas, I will be upset as well. The only reason I didnt keep them was because I decided to part out my car before I ever got it running again.
Do you have a receipt from GoTuning?
Old 08-10-2012, 12:49 PM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

I've always heard great things about GoTuning, I'd be shocked to find out they were sneaking in replica parts and selling them under an authentic tag.
Old 08-10-2012, 01:42 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I've been buying from Gotuning for 2 s2ks and a ton of aero parts I have yet to get anything replica from them, I would say check the seller not the company in this situation.
Old 08-10-2012, 01:43 PM

Received 313 Likes on 166 Posts

The only vendors that I have heard of selling knock-off's as authentic were those ass clowns at A-J Racing.

Go Tuning has been around here for a very long time, perhaps at this point it would be best to talk with Go Tuning and see what they say before dragging his companies name though the mud.

Hopefully you guys can figure this out and everyone involved walks away happy.
Old 08-10-2012, 02:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've been buying from Gotuning for 2 s2ks and a ton of aero parts I have yet to get anything replica from them, I would say check the seller not the company in this situation.
This is my point! I am the seller, I am good friends with the buyer and I purchased the fenders brand new from Gotuning. I have no problem refunding Jon his money, but now that I know they are replicas, the original source needs to be questioned.
Old 08-10-2012, 02:50 PM

This is my point! I am the seller, I am good friends with the buyer and I purchased the fenders brand new from Gotuning. I have no problem refunding Jon his money, but now that I know they are replicas, the original source needs to be questioned.
you guys should get GoTuning on the phone or to post up in this thread. Not that i don't necessarily believe you, but do you have proof that GoTuning sold this to you as authentic? post a receipt if you have it. If you can do so, then Go Tuning really needs to step up and say something. If you don't have any receipt as proof, then well...at least you and the buyer are friends and can work it out!
Old 08-10-2012, 03:00 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Since our name is being tossed around I figure we should chime in. First off, these fenders don't look right to me. We are the sole official North American distributor for Spoon so we obviously won't be selling anything replica for any brand. Never have, never will. We spend tons of money pursuing legal action against replica companies and heavily campaign against it so it would be preposterous to even think we would sell anything replica.

All that being said, the person who bought these fenders called us and gave us the name of the person he bought them from who claimed they originally purchased them from us. The original buyer's name doesn't even show up in our system.

Judging by the pictures, they're clearly not authentic. Spoon and pretty much everything JDM I've ever seen at least pre-drills all the holes. Also, the surface that is supposed to be painted should be white. However, I have seen ASM and Spoon body pieces come in black on the underside but the top surface is always white.
Old 08-10-2012, 03:03 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

What's your first name or friend's first name? Don't need any last names, just a first name of anyone who might be in our system. If you're worried about privacy, give me the first 2-3 letters of the first name.
I also see that you're from Maryland (correct me if I'm wrong) and we have never sold or shipped a set of Spoon Fenders anywhere within 2000 miles of you within the last 4 years. And before that, only 2 sets have gone to the east coast and those fenders are still on the cars.

Quick Reply: Spoon fender authenticity?