New York - Metro New York S2000 Owners Owners in New York City, Long Island, New Jersey, Connecticut

my S got hit......

Old 07-02-2008, 12:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my S got hit......

Okay, i wake up at 530 am today and i went to powerhouse and got in my quickie(workout that is) and got ready to goto court for a ticket i received,( riding between lanes on my bike). when i got to court, i was pretty much 1st to go. By not having to wait much, i thought to myself," well either way i get fined guilty or not, at least it saved me some time".And then it happens, the highway patrol lost my ticket and surely it got dismissed~! Feeling like there were nothing that was gonna get me down, i stopped by this chinese bakery to get some ice coffee and what do i see??? A "slamin" asian girl with huge knockers and a rear end. So i used my usual line " hi i just moved to Flushing from Iowa" routine and while in middle of getting her #, this car side swipe my S trying to park in front of me!!!!!! At this point, i was like, f^&K the digits and starting yelling to the guy, " what ru doing???????????????" the guy must have been in his 70's and clearly, didnt know how to drive.... eventhough im steaming i cant get mad because of his age(out of respect) i called 911. Bottom line is, when the cops got to the scene, he told me i basically have 2 choices. 1, exchange information and handle it outside of insurance, or 2, go with insurance which means he had to write out that accident report, (which he clearly did not want to waste his "precious time" doing). The dude was so freakin lazy he didnt want to bother writing one up. His demenor said it all to me and he just kept telling me, "why go through insurance when ur premium is going to double??" The thing is, the old man admitted saying i was parked and was not inside my car, but because my car was in hydrant, i shouldnt have been there in the 1st place....... Is this true? Does my insurance go up eventhough i was not in my car?????? If not whats the process now?? HELP
Old 07-02-2008, 12:55 PM

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

He hit you, if you go through his INS there is no way your insurance will go up. Make him pay for it, old age isn't an excuse IMO.
Old 07-02-2008, 12:57 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

no. this happened to me twice. the guys insurance company has to pay everything, even your rental while your car is getting fixed.

dont worry about a thing, just go thru insurance man

u dont even have to call your insurance, just deal directly thru his
Old 07-02-2008, 01:04 PM

thanks man!
Old 07-02-2008, 01:30 PM

Same thing happened to me in flushing except I was stopped at a red light and he was mexican instead of old.

I took him to small claims court and kicked his ass!
Old 07-02-2008, 01:41 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

i was double parked in front of commerce bank and the same thing happened to me... doesn't matter if your illegally parked or not... he still hit you while you were not in your car or driving your car... its his insurance's obligation to cover the accident... just like my situation they covered it completely... no money out of my pocket what so ever...
Old 07-02-2008, 01:43 PM

Also, where are all these flushing people coming from?

Was there a buy 1 get one free sale on s2000's in queens that I didn't know about?
Old 07-02-2008, 05:25 PM

i would say get the report and a quote for him to pay.
If he doesn't pay you within a few days then go thru his insurance.
at least you gave him a chance to pay you so you don't have to wait
Old 07-02-2008, 05:33 PM
Banned

pics of the asian girl or it didnt happen.
Old 07-02-2008, 06:53 PM

The old man was the Asian girl's grandfather and it was an act of self defense..

Quick Reply: my S got hit......