New York - Metro New York S2000 Owners Owners in New York City, Long Island, New Jersey, Connecticut

My workout routine...

Old 01-12-2009, 08:19 AM

Received 44 Likes on 41 Posts
Default My workout routine...

Back in the gym after I shoulder injury sidelined me for like two years.

Anyway working out again and sticking with it pretty good, here
Old 01-12-2009, 08:26 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

There is no right or wrong answer here. This all depends on how your body reacts to your schedule and how much time you put into cardio vs. weight lifting.

In my opinion, if your goal is to lose weight, put more emphasis on the cardio part. If you want to build muscle fast, your cardio must be kept to a minimum.
Old 01-12-2009, 08:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you forgot the all important back to your workout routine. If you want to lose weight do more cardio. I'm in the gym 7 days a week but I can only allow myself 1.5 hours per day so I do one muscle group plus either abs or cardio. However, the absolute most important thing to losing weight and getting in shape is dieting. Eat right and you'll see results.
Old 01-12-2009, 06:46 PM

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

Cardio will never hurt. If your trying to gain muscle / weight I would suggest HIIT cardio which I believe stands for High Impact Interval Training aka run med - slow pace for 2 min, sprint as fast as possible for 1 min, and so on and so forth.

If you want to loose some weight regular fat burning cardio is perfect -- nice even pace for an extended time aka 5mph for 20min. You want to stay in the fat burn heart rate range -- about 140BPM depending on size / weight / age.
Old 01-12-2009, 07:05 PM

I would say change your routine up..Try this, it works for me but everyones body is different so you have to find out what works for you.
Monday-Chest
Tuesday-Back
Wenesday-Off day
Thursday-Legs, cardio
Friday-Arms
Saturday-Shoulders (if you feel like working your shoulders when you do arms that wouldnt be a bad idea, cause there somehwat of a small muscle)
Old 01-13-2009, 04:43 AM

Received 44 Likes on 41 Posts

Thanks guys...
Old 01-13-2009, 04:54 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

i was reading mens fitness the other day and i read that its been proven... if your looking to loose body fat.... its more efficient to run after you lift weights... while you lift weights... your body releases a certain fat burning enzyme.. that burns fat more rapidly... and since the enzyme is released into your body from working out, when you do cardio after weight lifting... it'll use the enzyme more efficiently..

the reason y this doesn't happen when your jogging or running first... by the time the enzyme gets released your 75% through your cardio routine...
Old 01-13-2009, 05:26 AM

Originally Posted by NFRS2K83' date='Jan 13 2009, 08:54 AM
i was reading mens fitness the other day and i read that its been proven... if your looking to loose body fat.... its more efficient to run after you lift weights... while you lift weights... your body releases a certain fat burning enzyme.. that burns fat more rapidly... and since the enzyme is released into your body from working out, when you do cardio after weight lifting... it'll use the enzyme more efficiently..

the reason y this doesn't happen when your jogging or running first... by the time the enzyme gets released your 75% through your cardio routine...

plus if you run before you workout, you lose some energy and aren't able to lift as much as you can if u didn't run.
Old 01-13-2009, 07:16 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Weightlift then cardio. That way you'll use up most of your glycogen. After your glycogen has been depleted your body taps into fat and some muscles as another source of energy. I personally prefer to run in the morning on an empty stomach and lift weights later on. Some will argue this is bad for your muscles but I find that it works best for me.
Old 01-14-2009, 06:43 AM

I use to run and then workout then run some more after.
but I noticed that if I bench,abs ETc first then run I get more defined.
the thing is everyones body is different just find whats best for you
and dont starve your self, it will be worst in the end and alway come back.
I agree with a earlier post about a good diet not only does it make your body Feel Better but makes you feel better about working out. I think sticking to a diet and workout is all in the Head.
hope that helped.