S2000 Brakes and Suspension Discussions about S2000 brake and suspension systems.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Sake Bomb

Slammed, and functional?

Old 12-10-2012, 10:43 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Lil Dre
Originally Posted by Carbon Blue' timestamp='1354331778' post='22182950
[quote name='Lil Dre' timestamp='1354273309' post='22181182']
^ guess you felt it neccessary to throw your 2 cents in when it was already resolved. Seems like your looking for attention
attention? Far from it, theres just a ton of noise in this forum and for first timers it will be hard to sort through whats truth and whats not, and making completely ignorant statements and being adamant about it as if they were fact doesnt help this forum out or any other individual that is seeking advice. I guess as long as it rolls on tires and has no suspension travel whatsoever qualifies as "better handling than stock" then Ill be damned. 6 degrees of camber/lip low?? get out of here, based on street use?? LOL
I get you, but when did i ever say autocross or even track? Honestly how many people actually go autocross, and those that do, how often? some only go once or twice a year. most people on here only use their car for street use anyways.
[/quote]

Old 12-19-2012, 12:03 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just one thing I have to disagree about stance being thrown in the junk category. They make a awesesome coilover and have great customer service. Look up Bill Washburn from dent sport garage "whose 240rs run stance coilovers and beat ASM's S2000 along with many other records".
Old 12-24-2012, 06:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ahhh it's all preference, gotta pay to play. It's their car, let them do what they want to it. You will always have hating or somebody disliking something on a vehicle. I mean from color to ride height and even what aftermarket items to put on a car can be hated on. It's all whatever really. It's up to a person to ask themself if they want form over function or function over form... or both
Old 12-24-2012, 08:08 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

I think what you guys forgot to do, is define "functional" I would imagine there are a lot of different opinions about what this means in this thread. What Lil Dre may consider functional is a car that can be driven around the streets at a similar pace as a stock car, while others may see functional as being competitive on a road course against other high end race cars
Old 12-24-2012, 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by liquid_helix136
I think what you guys forgot to do, is define "functional" I would imagine there are a lot of different opinions about what this means in this thread. What Lil Dre may consider functional is a car that can be driven around the streets at a similar pace as a stock car, while others may see functional as being competitive on a road course against other high end race cars
Well since most people cruise along on the street between several hellaflush conventions taking place at coffee shops, those people may define functional as being able to make it into the parking lot without getting stuck on the concrete lip or sidewalk. To me functional should mean being able to drive whatever speed I want and not having to constantly worry about ridiculously stretched tires blowing out sending me spiralling out of control into oncoming traffic meeting a firey demise....

Case in point... Hella flush can lead to hella fail.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-jsvxt3GD0[/media]
Old 12-24-2012, 12:26 PM

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

^That is not from being hellaflush, that is L.A. Street racing
Old 12-24-2012, 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by dc2-2-ap1
^That is not from being hellaflush, that is L.A. Street racing
The 350 which lost control was running stretched tires and this was the result.
Old 12-24-2012, 02:14 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Lil Dre
Originally Posted by Carbon Blue' timestamp='1354331778' post='22182950
[quote name='Lil Dre' timestamp='1354273309' post='22181182']
^ guess you felt it neccessary to throw your 2 cents in when it was already resolved. Seems like your looking for attention
attention? Far from it, theres just a ton of noise in this forum and for first timers it will be hard to sort through whats truth and whats not, and making completely ignorant statements and being adamant about it as if they were fact doesnt help this forum out or any other individual that is seeking advice. I guess as long as it rolls on tires and has no suspension travel whatsoever qualifies as "better handling than stock" then Ill be damned. 6 degrees of camber/lip low?? get out of here, based on street use?? LOL
I get you, but when did i ever say autocross or even track? Honestly how many people actually go autocross, and those that do, how often? some only go once or twice a year. most people on here only use their car for street use anyways.
[/quote]
His harsh post was well warranted, in this case. Promoting ultra slammed vehicles as good handling isnt right. The only reason it feels like it handles better is the super stiff springs, you feel less body roll and automatically think it handles better, it just feels stiffer all around. Try taking that on twisty roads or autocross/track, and it will be crap.

You would also be surprised at how many drive some serious mountain roads, autocross, or track their s2000 .
Old 02-20-2013, 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by Reapur
Lil Dre

The photo in your avatar is my photo I took of Danio's car @ Import Fest 2011 in Toronto

Same shot more editing

Original
Wow, Lol small world, Mind if I use the edited one for my avatar? Its one of my fav pics

Originally Posted by liquid_helix136
Yeah, Sorry for bumping an old thread, totally forgot about this. I should have made it clear as to what I meant. Yes, This was based on street use, For example, How fast and smooth you go into turns. Someone else mentioned that it may be because of the stiffer springs, which most likely is the case. But theres nothing wrong with getting an s2k, and not tracking it, But driving spiritedly on the street, is what i was referring to