S2000 Electronics Information and discussion related to S2000 electronics such as ICE, GPS, and alarms.

2004 Install Help Needed

Old 07-13-2004, 05:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2004 Install Help Needed

I am installing replacement front and rear speakers along with an amp and 10" subwoofer to my 2004 model.

I have already installed a Alpine single CD unit.

I am ok with the amp and sub install as well but i just need a bit of help with the speaker replacement.

I will be driving the front and rear speakers from the Headunits internal amplifier

I want to fit a replacement component set in the front doors, i understand that i will need to use a speaker adaptor otherwise i would need to cut the factory honda adaport off and use the bare wires to connect to the speakers. Would this adaptor be the one i need http://www.nexxia.co.uk/Speaker_adaptors/honda.htm ? (the 99> honda)

I understand there is already a harness for adding rear speakers on the 2004 model, does anyone know if its behind the dash, behind the rear panels or under the centre console? (if anyone has pictures of the location it would make me ).

I was also wondering if i should use the same speaker adaptor for the rears as i would use on the fronts or are the rear speaker harness different?

Any help people can offer would be much appreciated.

Old 07-13-2004, 06:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok basically, there are a couple of things...
1.... if u need the speaker harnesses for the doors... the model number for the part ur going to need is DW7800SH, Metra creates this harness to adapt the the factory speakers so u can use after market and hav it just plug right up...
if you goto www.metraonline.com they'll have every adapter ur goin to need.... now.. if ur 2004 has the rear speaker setup... chances are ur going to need 2 sets of speaker adapters...if not.. create ur own, and run the wires directly to the back of each seat...
2.. behind the factory radio... u have a wire harness connected to it... metra also sells a harnes.. 801721... which would adapt to that for an aftermarket head unit...
about the..speaker wires being directly connected to the harness.... if ur car comes factory with the rear speaker setup... then all u have to do is catch the harnesses behind ur rear speakers... if it doesn't, order the metra harness, and strip these wire colors

RIGHT REAR
(+)purple
(-)purple with black tracer
LEFT REAR
(+)green
(-)green with black tracer

either solder them, or crimp them to about 6ft of speaker wire... run the speaker wire along the rear of the radio into the running boards on the left and right side... and up to wherever ur speakers are going to be installed... (speaker wire may change color depending on what type of wire u purchased to extend it)

and thats it ur all set up..