S2000 Electronics Information and discussion related to S2000 electronics such as ICE, GPS, and alarms.

guys i got a question. airbag light.? help

Old 08-01-2011, 02:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default guys i got a question. airbag light.? help

i have a 2007 honda s2000 i have a little concern? my airbag light is on on my dash the srs. and also my passenger airbag off light blinking
but when someone sits on the passenger side and dont put the seat belt it beeps for them to put the seat belt
i dont got aftermarket seats or seat belts
when i bought the car they did changed out the driver seat belt.

what do you guys think it can be please help....
Old 08-01-2011, 08:14 AM

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Are you sure those are the original seats in the car? MULDER and I swapped a set of seat rails from my fiancee`s 06 and his 08 CR, and the SRS light came on in both cars. We tried resetting the SRS light but no luck. After putting the original seat rails back into the original cars, the SRS light on both vehicles turned off. After looking around, we came to the conclusion that there is sensor (I believe it's for weight) inside the seat rail that has been calibrated for that specific vehicle. I've read that there is a way to have the weight sensor re-calibrated, but it requires special tools and must be done through Honda.
Old 08-01-2011, 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by TPhong
Are you sure those are the original seats in the car? MULDER and I swapped a set of seat rails from my fiancee`s 06 and his 08 CR, and the SRS light came on in both cars. We tried resetting the SRS light but no luck. After putting the original seat rails back into the original cars, the SRS light on both vehicles turned off. After looking around, we came to the conclusion that there is sensor (I believe it's for weight) inside the seat rail that has been calibrated for that specific vehicle. I've read that there is a way to have the weight sensor re-calibrated, but it requires special tools and must be done through Honda.

ok i see. i dont think they have ever swap the seats im not 100% sure.and also the weigh sensor on it should be working because when ever some1 sits on the passenger side and dont put the seat belt it beeps for them to put the seat belt on get me.? so idk what else it can be but i need to look in to it because i herd that if any crash if that light is on my airbags wont turn on?
thankx buy the way dude helped out alot ima look into the seats and see was up.
Old 08-01-2011, 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by cesarortiz
i have a 2007 honda s2000 i have a little concern? my airbag light is on on my dash the srs. and also my passenger airbag off light blinking
but when someone sits on the passenger side and dont put the seat belt it beeps for them to put the seat belt
i dont got aftermarket seats or seat belts
when i bought the car they did changed out the driver seat belt.

what do you guys think it can be please help....
Have you tried resetting the SRS light? Not 100% sure about on the S2000, but on other cars I've had, some error codes will keep the light on even if the condition that caused it to come on in the first place is gone. First thing to try is usually resetting the SRS light...if it comes back on afterward, then worry about diagnosing further.

Yes, if the SRS light is on, then the airbags are deactivated and won't do anything if you crash.