S2000 Electronics Information and discussion related to S2000 electronics such as ICE, GPS, and alarms.

How are you stuffing these radios in? HALP!

Old 01-16-2011, 08:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thinking about getting this HU after seeing the HD radio box being offered as a free add on at crutchfield. Still think I'd rather have an Alpine or Pioneer but can't get over the significant savings.

A few questions for you guys:

1) Anyone have the HD addition? How did you get it to fit? Sounds like it might be tough after reading your install posts.

2) What add on did you use for SWC? The Modifry DCI, the Axxess ASWC, or the PAC SWI-Jack? It seems like the PAC is junk. The DCI is very small but not cheap plus the functions are set up weird but Modifry claims that's Clarion's fault.

3) Anyone use it with Blackberry phones and USB thumb drives for media? Don't have an iphone or ipod. Any issues with the mic?

4) I've read that some people complain about the confusing set up of the HU functions. Any thoughts?

Thanks.
Old 01-18-2011, 04:31 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jvdb26,Jan 16 2011, 09:01 AM
Thinking about getting this HU after seeing the HD radio box being offered as a free add on at crutchfield. Still think I'd rather have an Alpine or Pioneer but can't get over the significant savings.

A few questions for you guys:

1) Anyone have the HD addition? How did you get it to fit? Sounds like it might be tough after reading your install posts.

2) What add on did you use for SWC? The Modifry DCI, the Axxess ASWC, or the PAC SWI-Jack? It seems like the PAC is junk. The DCI is very small but not cheap plus the functions are set up weird but Modifry claims that's Clarion's fault.

3) Anyone use it with Blackberry phones and USB thumb drives for media? Don't have an iphone or ipod. Any issues with the mic?

4) I've read that some people complain about the confusing set up of the HU functions. Any thoughts?

Thanks.
Answering as best as I can

1) I do not have the HD addition, not sure what that module looks like but if it has a length of cable to attach the module, if it was long enough you could tuck it into the passenger side access panel somewhere...

2) I use the modifry. FWIW, I have a PAV SWI for my G35 with an aftermarket Pioneer headunit that I had to do some soldering of resistors with (provided by PAC) and it does indeed have a delayed response to any buttons you push...

3) I can and do use it with USB thumb drives and my ipod and my Iphone through the wired and bluetooth interface.

Curious to know why the Pioneer or Alpine has more allure, is it the appearance, brand name or ???

Dollar for dollar, the CZ500 is a VERY capable unit...