S2000 Electronics Information and discussion related to S2000 electronics such as ICE, GPS, and alarms.

wiring issues

Old 01-02-2011, 02:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wiring issues

so i installed a pioneer deck and polk components in spring. a few weeks ago the sound stopped, but the deck appeared to work fine. the speakers would make a single pop when ever i turn them on, then nothing. yesterday i was fumbling with the wiring harness for the deck and it worked, i noticed a - for the left speaker was disconnected, i re connected it and some more fumbling and both speakers worked again. later that night they didnt work again, i tried fumbling with the wires more and the running lights (not day time but regular lights) stopped working, the only lights working were the brake, blinkers and headlights/highbeams. the dash would also stay on the normal day time light setup only. today i replaced a single fuse and now the rest of the outside lights work. and the speakers work now, but only ONLY if the left speaker doesnt have the ground connected. its wierd as hell, i even by passed the car harness and straight wired the deck to left speaker, but would only work with no ground. i am so confused right now, if anyone can please help i would be so grateful
Old 01-02-2011, 05:10 PM

Sounds like who ever did your install did a very bad job, how are your wires disconnected? They should be soldered. Did you use a harness? You should take the deck out, connect everything proper, you probably have a few wires that are not connected right.
Old 01-02-2011, 09:12 PM

i did, but i was in a hurry before, so i only used crimps. anyways, yeah i took it out and checked/redid the wires, those are fine. and when the car is running the left speaker (the one that doesnt have a ground), makes a buzz that is in tune with the idle, as the car revs up so does the buzz, gaining pitch. when turned up i cant hear, dont know if its other sounds drowning it out or not though.
Old 01-02-2011, 09:13 PM

i did, but i was in a hurry before, so i only used crimps. anyways, yeah i took it out and checked/redid the wires, those are fine. and when the car is running the left speaker (the one that doesnt have a ground), makes a buzz that is in tune with the idle, as the car revs up so does the buzz, gaining pitch. when turned up i cant hear, dont know if its other sounds drowning it out or not though.