AEM EMS 1052u + Serial Datastream + EUGO - S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

Go Back  S2KI Honda S2000 Forums > Special Interest > S2000 Forced Induction
Reload this Page >

AEM EMS 1052u + Serial Datastream + EUGO

Notices
S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

AEM EMS 1052u + Serial Datastream + EUGO

Old 07-17-2010, 06:57 PM

Default AEM EMS 1052u + Serial Datastream + EUGO

Does anyone know how to change the gauge from the default 5 "gauge types" eg: water temp, throttle pos., engine load... to include Air fuel ratio??? I have both the EMS pro and the Pro gauge software but the settings in my engine calibration dont seem to make it to the gauge to make the effect.

The 1052u has only one serial port and no USB so I am kinda at a loss...
Old 07-18-2010, 06:18 AM

I have found how this...

but due to the USB/serial problem I still cant seem to send the setttings to the gauge.

(As of right now, none of this is automatic in the software and we know that, so please keep the gripes to a minimum, Thanks -MP)

In AEMPro, Go to View -> Telemetry Setup. Select a parameter you are not using, say ADCR 11 for this example, and select, say, O2 #1 FB Value instead. This will set O2 #1 FB to be sent over the datastream. You can send over the datastream any parameter you want.

Note that digital parameters (such as Stat Sync'd, Error MAP, etc..) are multiplexed into one value that is sent across the datastream. (Stat Sync'd is a bit in Status #1, Error MAP is a bit in Error #1, etc...)

If you then hit "Show Info", it will show you how the value is converted from a 0-255 value on the datastream to engineering units. Note that O2 #1 FB is signed as that will be important later when you setup the gauge to display O2 #1 FB.

This is all you should have to do on the AEMPro/EMS side of things to get that parameter on the datastream.

Remember to save your calibration with a new file name.

In AEM ProGauge, Open the Base Cal.mdb file. In the Single Gauge Data window, double click "6: ADCR 11 Volts" under the Gauge column. This will bring up the Look-up Table for that channel.

You can now change the name and the units to whatever channel you are using.

You can then input the engineering units based on the scale and offset from the telemetry info window in AEMPro.

For non-signed values this is pretty straight forward. For example, for O2 #1 in AFR with a Scalar of 0.057188 and an offset of 7.32, 0 will be 0 * 0.057188 + 7.32 = 7.32 and 255 will be 255 * 0.057188 + 7.32 = 21.9. (Rounding to three digits of course)

For signed values, it's a bit tricker because 0-127 are positive and 128-255 are negative.

For 0-127 you will use the scale and offset as you would for a non-signed value. For example, for O2 #1 FB, 0 would be 0 * 0.390625 +0 = 0.39 and 127 would be 127 * 0.390625 + 0 = 49.6

For 128-255, you need to take into account that these values are negative and have to take an extra step. You have to subtract 256 from the value BEFORE you apply the scale and offset. So, for O2 #1 FB, 128 would be (128-256) * 0.390625 + 0 = -50 and 255 would be (255-256) * 0.390625 +0 = -0.39.

For the signed values, look at the settings for Air Temp and Water Temp as a reference.

You can speed things up by using the Auto Fill Feature.

You can then setup the LED number & LED color for each of your new values and the Gauge Display Name.

Make sure you save the file setting to a file before you send it to the Serial Gauge.
AEM's Programmable Engine Management System is legal in California for racing vehicles only, which may never be used on public highways.
ultimate4g63
100+ Post Club

How to select additional parameters in GaugePro?
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2006, 05:11:43 AM »

I just got my gauge working last night Cheesy

It's very simple. The Serial Gauge has 19 channels it can actually accept and display. The EMS Telemetry Setup outputs 19 channels. Each channel represents a parameter that is sent to the gauge. You can change each channel to any of the AEM parameters. For me, one of the changes I made was changing channel 19 (default was Error#2) to Ign Timing. Click on the "Show Info" button. It will give you the offset, scalar, min, max, etc for each of the selected parameters that are specific to your calibration file. So in my case, my Engine Load was already set with -13.0 min and 29.4 max. Ign Timing showed -17 min and 72.6 max (degrees adv). For normal parameters like this (not signed) all you care about is the min and max values as that is exactly what you will input into the ProGauge software for that particular channel. What you do now in the ProGauge software, is:

1) go into the Lookup Table for that particular channel (19)
2) change the gauge name to whatever you want, and set the units to whatever you want (it's all just for reference and doesn't mean a thing), and change the LED to display whatever you want.
3) click on the Auto Fill button. under "Digit fill values" set 0 and 255 to your min and max. So for my Ign Timing i set:
Start Cell 0 = -17
End Cell 255 = 72.6

then push the Fill Table button. that will interpolate the rest of the values in between.

What I found is that you cannot fine tune your resolution. Most of us will never see 72.4 degrees advance. I wanted to change 255 to 50 deg so that I could get better resolution but it can't work that way.

Signed values are a bit more complicated and I don't really understand them well enough to educate anyone. Only signed values that I cared to display were coolant temp and intake air temp. Both were preset with the base cal so I didn't touch them (except for the LED colors).

Right now I have the following working on my gauge:

- Engine Load (PSI - default is setup in percent! huh )
- O2#1
- TPS
- Coolant Temp
- Ign Timing
- Intake Air Temp
- Knock #1 Volts
- VSS

The software is a bit buggy. This was my only real problem. Also, the amount of time I spent setting up the colored LED's was a bit disappointing as they are not that bright AT ALL!

Special thanks to JN @ AEM for help with this. Great support, he actually called me several times to help me through the software woes.
Old 12-10-2018, 09:24 AM

Originally Posted by Swimshady View Post
I have found how this...

but due to the USB/serial problem I still cant seem to send the setttings to the gauge.

(As of right now, none of this is automatic in the software and we know that, so please keep the gripes to a minimum, Thanks -MP)

In AEMPro, Go to View -> Telemetry Setup. Select a parameter you are not using, say ADCR 11 for this example, and select, say, O2 #1 FB Value instead. This will set O2 #1 FB to be sent over the datastream. You can send over the datastream any parameter you want.

Note that digital parameters (such as Stat Sync'd, Error MAP, etc..) are multiplexed into one value that is sent across the datastream. (Stat Sync'd is a bit in Status #1, Error MAP is a bit in Error #1, etc...)

If you then hit "Show Info", it will show you how the value is converted from a 0-255 value on the datastream to engineering units. Note that O2 #1 FB is signed as that will be important later when you setup the gauge to display O2 #1 FB.

This is all you should have to do on the AEMPro/EMS side of things to get that parameter on the datastream.

Remember to save your calibration with a new file name.

In AEM ProGauge, Open the Base Cal.mdb file. In the Single Gauge Data window, double click "6: ADCR 11 Volts" under the Gauge column. This will bring up the Look-up Table for that channel.

You can now change the name and the units to whatever channel you are using.

You can then input the engineering units based on the scale and offset from the telemetry info window in AEMPro.

For non-signed values this is pretty straight forward. For example, for O2 #1 in AFR with a Scalar of 0.057188 and an offset of 7.32, 0 will be 0 * 0.057188 + 7.32 = 7.32 and 255 will be 255 * 0.057188 + 7.32 = 21.9. (Rounding to three digits of course)

For signed values, it's a bit tricker because 0-127 are positive and 128-255 are negative.

For 0-127 you will use the scale and offset as you would for a non-signed value. For example, for O2 #1 FB, 0 would be 0 * 0.390625 +0 = 0.39 and 127 would be 127 * 0.390625 + 0 = 49.6

For 128-255, you need to take into account that these values are negative and have to take an extra step. You have to subtract 256 from the value BEFORE you apply the scale and offset. So, for O2 #1 FB, 128 would be (128-256) * 0.390625 + 0 = -50 and 255 would be (255-256) * 0.390625 +0 = -0.39.

For the signed values, look at the settings for Air Temp and Water Temp as a reference.

You can speed things up by using the Auto Fill Feature.

You can then setup the LED number & LED color for each of your new values and the Gauge Display Name.

Make sure you save the file setting to a file before you send it to the Serial Gauge.
AEM's Programmable Engine Management System is legal in California for racing vehicles only, which may never be used on public highways.
ultimate4g63
100+ Post Club

How to select additional parameters in GaugePro?
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2006, 05:11:43 AM »

I just got my gauge working last night Cheesy

It's very simple. The Serial Gauge has 19 channels it can actually accept and display. The EMS Telemetry Setup outputs 19 channels. Each channel represents a parameter that is sent to the gauge. You can change each channel to any of the AEM parameters. For me, one of the changes I made was changing channel 19 (default was Error#2) to Ign Timing. Click on the "Show Info" button. It will give you the offset, scalar, min, max, etc for each of the selected parameters that are specific to your calibration file. So in my case, my Engine Load was already set with -13.0 min and 29.4 max. Ign Timing showed -17 min and 72.6 max (degrees adv). For normal parameters like this (not signed) all you care about is the min and max values as that is exactly what you will input into the ProGauge software for that particular channel. What you do now in the ProGauge software, is:

1) go into the Lookup Table for that particular channel (19)
2) change the gauge name to whatever you want, and set the units to whatever you want (it's all just for reference and doesn't mean a thing), and change the LED to display whatever you want.
3) click on the Auto Fill button. under "Digit fill values" set 0 and 255 to your min and max. So for my Ign Timing i set:
Start Cell 0 = -17
End Cell 255 = 72.6

then push the Fill Table button. that will interpolate the rest of the values in between.

What I found is that you cannot fine tune your resolution. Most of us will never see 72.4 degrees advance. I wanted to change 255 to 50 deg so that I could get better resolution but it can't work that way.

Signed values are a bit more complicated and I don't really understand them well enough to educate anyone. Only signed values that I cared to display were coolant temp and intake air temp. Both were preset with the base cal so I didn't touch them (except for the LED colors).

Right now I have the following working on my gauge:

- Engine Load (PSI - default is setup in percent! huh )
- O2#1
- TPS
- Coolant Temp
- Ign Timing
- Intake Air Temp
- Knock #1 Volts
- VSS

The software is a bit buggy. This was my only real problem. Also, the amount of time I spent setting up the colored LED's was a bit disappointing as they are not that bright AT ALL!

Special thanks to JN @ AEM for help with this. Great support, he actually called me several times to help me through the software woes.
HEY I don't know if you stay here but I want to ask you if you know the acdr's pinouts on aem 301052u