S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

Andy's CR PFAB Turbo Build...so it begins.

Old 09-14-2017, 05:26 PM

Received 74 Likes on 65 Posts

View this post on Instagram
Stock f80 m3.

So i found two more cracks on the manifold, on the 1st and 4th runner. Will be sending it back to pang for repairs. I may part out my pfab setup. PM me if anyone is interested. It will be fully inspected by pang before selling.
Old 09-19-2017, 03:26 PM

Okay, got a head scratcher. It's kind of a long story so try to follow. I recently started emitting blue/white smoke only at idle once the car got warmed up. The smoke would go away under load then come back at idle and light throttle. It smells like fuel/oil burning and is pretty visible when it happens.
Now, the smoking only began once I started messing around with the fuel tables one day for low fuel. I basically richened up my idle area in hopes to achieve a smoother idle (dont know why i though this would work). When I noticed the smoking, I immediately turned the car off and switched it back to my original tune. The smoking eventually stopped. Then about 1 week later, while i was at a drive thru, it started to smoke again.
I did a compression check and all numbers were within normal specs 200-210 across the board. I also had a chance to check the turbo and stuff since i had to remove the manifold for crack repairs. The turbo looked good, with no shaft play, and no sign of oil on either the cold or hot side. Intercooler piping looked clean inside, nice and dry with no signs of oil. Also, downpipe looked clean too with no sign of sludge, or burnt oil, nice dry black insides.
Now, I noticed my -10an drain line had a hole in it. Somehow it mustve been resting on something and had caused a small hole (maybe the hole is causing some weird pressure thing not allowing oil to drain properly backing into the turbo i dont know??)
Now, I dont see how any of the problems listed above could cause the smoking ive experienced. Any ideas?? Could it be that I have good compression test numbers but i could still have piston ring problems, or valve stem seal problems??

1. good compression test
2. cracked manifold
3. hole in drain line
4. my oil catch can has no oil in it, just some vapors, and coolant level is holding steady.

What should i check next?
Old 10-27-2017, 11:09 AM

Hey guys, small update. Found out my smoking issue was coming from insufficient oil drain from my turbo. So i tapped my timing chain cover recently. -10an with 120deg fitting. Oil pan with bung is for sale.
Also got a new oil drain line due to the tear, this time with an additional fire sleeve over it for added protection.

Also ordered a Fluidampr crank pulley to absorb more harmonics! that should come in next monday.
Also got around to reinstalling my repaired manifold. Need to buy new arp bolts for t3 flange to finish up the install.

Also installed my new downforce style cf side splitters

I like the way they look. I think im done for now with outside aesthetics. Full oem CR aero with df cf sides on ce28ns. I want a taller wing but may keep it stock to keep the oem CR theme going.. Are there any options that will fit the stock cr wing mounting points?
Old 10-29-2017, 12:59 PM

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Lookin good! Mann.

I dont know how you put up with those hot parts lol.
Old 10-29-2017, 01:43 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

your drain line set up is in the same location with the same degree in the fitting as mine. This should solve your smoking problem.
Old 10-29-2017, 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by MorngWoodStewie
Lookin good! Mann.

I dont know how you put up with those hot parts lol.
Lol, i know. Im going to give it one last go. Thing is, this manifold flows, makes real good power. I have a feeling itll last a long time this time. All the steel has been thru multiple heat cycles and has prob warped all its going to warp from heat.
Originally Posted by Hershey
your drain line set up is in the same location with the same degree in the fitting as mine. This should solve your smoking problem.
i hope so. Im so glad this was the cause for my smoking and not something worse.
Old 10-29-2017, 06:58 PM

Received 83 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by Mijae007
Lol, i know. Im going to give it one last go. Thing is, this manifold flows, makes real good power. I have a feeling itll last a long time this time. All the steel has been thru multiple heat cycles and has prob warped all its going to warp from heat.

i hope so. Im so glad this was the cause for my smoking and not something worse.
I've got a sheepy hotside set with your name on it when you get tired of your current one. I'm switching my setup this winter
Old 11-01-2017, 12:48 AM

Shes finally alive again. Feels so good to drive her again!!! Lets see how long it lasts this time lol
Old 11-01-2017, 12:49 AM

Originally Posted by Charper732
I've got a sheepy hotside set with your name on it when you get tired of your current one. I'm switching my setup this winter
i might have to take you up on your offer if something breaks again lol
Old 11-01-2017, 02:16 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Mijae007
Hey guys, small update. Found out my smoking issue was coming from insufficient oil drain from my turbo.
What was causing it to insufficiently drain?

Also, if you want to raise a little you can get risers for your wing.

Quick Reply: Andy's CR PFAB Turbo Build...so it begins.